Become a Patron!

Cheerwine

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every once in a while I can get Cheerwine here at the local Jewel. I think it came out in the '20's in NC, but I'm not sure. I wanted to do something along those lines & this V2 worked out pretty good last winter. I guess I forgot to post it because I certainly meant to. As for steep time, that's still a mystery. My records indicate that after testing it on day 1, day 9 & day 26, it was still not real good. I put it away, intending to dump it when I needed to wash some other bottles. That day was day 46. I wish I would have checked it a couple of more times in there, but I actually forgot about it. So I don't know how long it actually takes, but I can tell you at day 46 you should be good to go lol!

.5% INW Cherries
1% FW Cherry Crush
.5% FW Maraschino Cherry
1% TFA Sweetener
8% FW Tall Maroon Soda (aka Big Red Soda)
3.5% LB Vanilla Ice Cream

Cheerwine.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks a bunch! I'm originally from the area where this stuff was initially developed, and when we had soda when I was a kid, it was mostly this stuff or RC Cola or Nehi.

I'll definitely be mixing this one. Thanks @Howard Hughes

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks a bunch! I'm originally from the area where this stuff was initially developed, and when we had soda when I was a kid, it was mostly this stuff or RC Cola or Nehi.

I'll definitely be mixing this one. Thanks @Howard Hughes
No problem, I know it uses some older/odd flavors, but I had a huge bottle of FW TMS, so I use it here, in Big Red Soda & Big Red Float recipes. I'm always looking to find a use for what I have, but somehow I also keep accumulating more flavors too!

Sorry I couldn't provide an accurate steep time, but maybe you will lol! :cheers:

VU Sponsors