Cherimoya Ice Cream

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm really enamored of this cherimoya flavoring, thank you @acidburn123! I'm using German Flavors brand, available at www.vaperstek.org, but I'm sure Inawera can be substituted.
This was just made five days ago and it's so creamy and sweet! It was good the first day, but the flavors were more mellow, so a few days definitely made a difference.

Cherimoya - GF - 4%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - CAPS - 3%
Fresh Cream - FA - 1%
Lime Cold-pressed - FA - 1%

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Product Description
Tasting Notes: Granted, the sight is not the most delicious and the consistency of its flesh takes getting used to, but that does not matter because we have captured the pure, delicate vanilla taste of the incredible cherimoya.

Cherimoya

Mark Twain once referred to the cherimoya as "the most delicious fruit known to men." Although its flavor is often likened to that of a cross between a banana and a pineapple, the flesh of this exotic fruit has also been described as similar to commercial bubblegum.

So, what's it taste like, T??

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has a "custardy" feel as far as thickness or texture, but not a custard taste. After steeping for a few days, it's very creamy and sweet. I get faint apple undertones and a basic fruitiness. It blends really well with lime, especially FA's cold pressed at low percentages, as well as fuji. I'm anxious to try it with other fruits, especially banana and mandarin. It's delicious! I'll send some with your Inawera lemon cake....;)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, and I certainly don't taste bubblegum or I wouldn't be vaping it - I hate bubblegum vapes! :confused:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does, doesn't it? Haven't mixed it yet though.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm really enamored of this cherimoya flavoring, thank you @acidburn123! I'm using German Flavors brand, available at www.vaperstek.org, but I'm sure Inawera can be substituted.
This was just made five days ago and it's so creamy and sweet! It was good the first day, but the flavors were more mellow, so a few days definitely made a difference.

Cherimoya - GF - 4%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - CAPS - 3%
Fresh Cream - FA - 1%
Lime Cold-pressed - FA - 1%
I have cherimoya on my wish list. Now your pushing me to order earlier you little Vixen. I'm tying to hold out until Nonna's cake shows up.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now your pushing me to order earlier you little Vixen. I'm tying to hold out until Nonna's cake shows up.

I know the feeling!

All I now have in Lime is from Inawera. (Note: INW Lime probably eats plastic)

I guess I can try her recipe with that change...
200_s.gif
Ron
----
"So you all will know the seriousness of my warning, I shall say this in English."-O-Ren Ishii

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know the feeling!

All I now have in Lime is from Inawera. (Note: INW Lime probably eats plastic)

I guess I can try her recipe with that change...
View attachment 42433
Ron
----
"So you all will know the seriousness of my warning, I shall say this in English."-O-Ren Ishii
I bet it does eat plastic, man... that INW is serious lime! I used it recently in a tropical type mix, and though it blended in and settled down, became more muted, you know, after a few days, it's still rather intense. I am kind of ambivalent about it.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bet it does eat plastic, man... that INW is serious lime! I used it recently in a tropical type mix, and though it blended in and settled down, became more muted, you know, after a few days, it's still rather intense. I am kind of ambivalent about it.

The lime is one of two flavors I have which is packaged by INW in a Glass bottle! I use lime mostly in a rum & coke (with lime) juice. I fully agree with you, It does not take a bunch to overpower everything else. I made the Cherimoya Ice cream juice yesterday and used 2 drops of the INW lime I have for a 30ml batch. For me, it was just the right amount and provided a subtle citrus flavor background to offset the other creamy/custard notes in my shake & vape.

My shake & vape small sample turned out to go on to 4mls. It was that good! I certainly look forward to what a bit of ageing will reveal.

Thank You Teresa P, !!!

Ron
---
"This kicks like a mule with its balls wrapped in duct tape!" ―Tuco Salamanca

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll have to try that lime, it's one of the few Inawera fruits I don't have. ;) ....Very glad you enjoyed it!

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll have to try that lime, it's one of the few Inawera fruits I don't have. ;) ....Very glad you enjoyed it!

To me, the only benefit I've found in using that INW Lime is he greatly increased finger strength I've developed from squeezing drops out of their glass bottle. :D

Since I have not tried either of the FA limes, it is unlikely I will buy the INW again.

Ron
----
"I just usually go with my own taste. If I like something, and it happens to be against the law, well, then I might have a problem."- Hunter S. Thompson

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will have to say that both FA limes are true to flavor, I really like them.

Thanks for that info! I'll be adding at least one of them in my next flavor order.

I took a whiff of the three flavors mixed together before adding the Cherimoya and base. It smelled great! I'm thinking I might try to make a juice with just those 3. I have not been using a lot of lime during the past year or so; but I think that might change.;)

Ron
---
"When I was having that alphabet soup, I never thought that it would pay off."- Vanna White

VU Sponsors