Become a Patron!

Cherry Cola

Tumbleweed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started DIY yesterday with a couple of recipes I had found online & this is one of them (easier of the two). Very simple, but maybe a platform for a vanilla substitution, or grape. Maybe some kind of cream? Give it some more depth, maybe.

Anyways it was 8% Cherry/8% Cola. Flavors were LA. I did 90 ml in a 75VG/25PG in 3 mg nic. It turned out pretty good, but I can see this being one to build on. I'm letting all of it (except the one tank I've vaped already) sit for a week & then giving it another try to see what (if anything) was affected.

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll have to give your version a shot.

I tried HIC's heavy version 4% Cola (FA) and 2% Black Cherry (FA), but it wasn't too flavourful; at least to me.

PS-I like your avatar, I've never saw a Claddagh like that before. I have a Claddagh tattooed on my throat and it too, is a little different than the usual ones you see.

Tumbleweed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll have to give your version a shot.

I tried HIC's heavy version 4% Cola (FA) and 2% Black Cherry (FA), but it wasn't too flavourful; at least to me.

PS-I like your avatar, I've never saw a Claddagh like that before. I have a Claddagh tattooed on my throat and it too, is a little different than the usual ones you see.
Thanks, it's a simple recipe that an experienced DIY type might find a little too basic, but the flavor was good. Like I said, I'm thinking of coming back to it later & adding some cream for depth or changing the cherry out for vanilla or grape or something like that.
And thanks for the compliment on the Claddagh. My 4th great grandfather came to America from Ireland in 1740 & our family still recognizes our Irish roots.

Tumbleweed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update:
Although I really liked the flavor of this recipe, it was a little too thin for my tank/coil. Flavor definitely wasn't an issue, just viscosity. Although I set it up on the calculator to be 75/25 it was still pretty thin. I'm thinking there's just too much PG in the LA flavorings? Tonight I'm going to mix another batch (equal amount of what I have of the original recipe) of PG, nic & only 5% of each of the flavorings (yielding a total of 6.5% overall for each flavoring) & mix both batches together. I'm hoping to really thicken it up, but still maintain some flavor & still be at 3 mg strength. I really liked the flavor, but it's not usable in it's present viscosity. And I'm not giving up (yet).

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Update:
Although I really liked the flavor of this recipe, it was a little too thin for my tank/coil. Flavor definitely wasn't an issue, just viscosity. Although I set it up on the calculator to be 75/25 it was still pretty thin. I'm thinking there's just too much PG in the LA flavorings? Tonight I'm going to mix another batch (equal amount of what I have of the original recipe) of PG, nic & only 5% of each of the flavorings (yielding a total of 6.5% overall for each flavoring) & mix both batches together. I'm hoping to really thicken it up, but still maintain some flavor & still be at 3 mg strength. I really liked the flavor, but it's not usable in it's present viscosity. And I'm not giving up (yet).

LA flavors actually have more alcohol than PG, hence the thinnerness:D.

Tumbleweed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I got home & took a look at what I had- about 55 ml. I went ahead & made another batch at 4% flavor so I would have about 6% when combined with the first batch, which was at 8%. I figured with so much PG in the LA flavors that I would take a chance. I only added 6 ml of PG, 7 ml nic & 37 ml of VG for my base & used 4.8 ml of flavors (2.4 ml each). It thickened it up real nice (man I need bigger needles!) & the taste was still very good, even though I used 2% less of the cherry & the cola than the original recipe called for. I'm glad it's good, since I now have 100 ml of it, but vaping it will NOT be a problem- I really like the taste. Next time however, I may check the contents of another brand of flavoring, as the LA must be mostly PG. It would be nice to only have to make it once instead of having to make adjustments. Out of the few recipes I've made now, only this one (the only one with LA-only flavorings) presented a challenge to get right. I hope the rest go as well as my Twinkies & Candy Bar recipes, which were about perfect as shake & vapes & are seeming to only get better.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you.
So will steeping help evaporate the alcohol some & maybe let it thicken up?

I've only been able to get rid of the alcohol taste with cap off venting for 24 hrs.
And normal steeping for a bit longer, but it didn't seem to change the viscosity.
But I'm using 70/30VG anyway, and a mtl tank with smaller coil & wick.

I'd say you're better off adjusting your VG higher if more thickness is wanted.
Other brands that seem to be mostly alcohol based are NF & VZ-SC.
But at least with the VZ-SC flavors you only need to use 2-2.5% normally.

Tumbleweed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only been able to get rid of the alcohol taste with cap off venting for 24 hrs.
And normal steeping for a bit longer, but it didn't seem to change the viscosity.
But I'm using 70/30VG anyway, and a mtl tank with smaller coil & wick.

I'd say you're better off adjusting your VG higher if more thickness is wanted.
Other brands that seem to be mostly alcohol based are NF & VZ-SC.
But at least with the VZ-SC flavors you only need to use 2-2.5% normally.
Thank you for the helpful info.
I appreciate it.

VU Sponsors