Become a Patron!

Chinese Pharmacist’s E-Cigarette Drags Reynolds Into Vaping War

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think it's kinda ironic they are fighting over patent rights that Hon himself lifted from an old patent issued to an American inventor back in the 60's.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think it's kinda ironic they are fighting over patent rights that Hon himself lifted from an old patent issued to an American inventor back in the 60's.
But, Mr. Lik invented the e-liquid so the device could perform. The batteries sucked back in the 60's. Just imagine the outcome trying to vape a .5 ohm coil with a Ray-O-Vac battery back then LOL

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But, Mr. Lik invented the e-liquid so the device could perform. The batteries sucked back in the 60's. Just imagine the outcome trying to vape a .5 ohm coil with a Ray-O-Vac battery back then LOL

True, he clearly refined the idea and made it feasible. Lol, yeah you would have probably needed a 12 volt lantern battery! :D

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think it was an idea that was just before its time... it had to wait on a number of different technologies to catch up, primarily batteries, but also electronics in general, and miniaturization. Transistors existed in the early 60s.... but now we have a billion "transistors" on a single chip. Not only would a "mod" back then have needed something like a car battery to operate, they'd have been the size of the car!

Andria

VU Sponsors