Chris Pratt: Jurassic Park Dominion Is the Franchise's Avengers: Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The highly-anticipated action film Jurassic World Dominion is coming to theaters this summer after a one-year delayed release due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The film is set four years after the dramatic turn of events at the end of the 2018 film Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, where the dinosaurs now live and hunt among humans all over the world. The film’s upcoming release also marks the conclusion of the franchise as a whole.

Jurassic World Dominion stars returning leads Chris Pratt as dinosaur behaviorist Owen Grady and Bryce Dallas Howard as former park operations manager Claire Dearing, alongside the original Jurassic Park stars as well, including Sam Neil, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum.

In anticipation of the film, Pratt spoke to ComicBook.com and discussed if the franchise will ever return again, perhaps later down the line, speaking to the epic nature of its long-awaited conclusion.

“I mean, I guess it would probably…possibly? You’d want to leave it open to that possibility,” said Pratt. “There aren’t a ton of comps for this kind of a thing. I think maybe Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame is a similar comp because you’ve got whatever that was…10 years, 20-something films. All of these characters each had their own stories, their own trilogies coming together. And you’re like, ‘This is wild.’”

“You’ve seen these worlds collide. It feels the same way,” Pratt continued. “You’ve got the Jurassic Park trilogy. You’ve got the Jurassic World trilogy, and it’s this big epic conclusion.”

The film’s director Colin Trevorrow also spoke to the possibility of more Jurassic films in the future, nodding to his belief in young filmmakers.

“What I get excited about is knowing what some young filmmaker envisions, like what new ideas,” said Trevorrow. “I, at one point, had a very clear vision for where we could take this and what this could be. And I laid that out to Steven Spielberg, and he gave me this opportunity. And I would love to be able to give that opportunity to some little kid who’s playing with dinosaur toys in a sandbox right now.”

Jurassic Park Dominion will be released in theaters on June 10.

Katie Song is a freelance writer for IGN

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors