Become a Patron!

Clapton Coil build?

Alright guys I need a bit of help, with the new FDA bs regulations my hands are tied and I can't find anymore YouTube videos on this.

So I've been vaping for about 3 years, after 8 years of heavy smoking, fairly young as well.

Anyways, up until about a few months ago I was using tanks regular coils etc, I wanted to take it just that much farther and get an RDA, a tsunami. Lucky for me I got it right in time as the regulations took effect . So as I'm buying this they're telling me they can't help me so pretty much he helps me "supervise" a build and got the basic hang of it for a while now(2 months). All my builds come from a .25-.3 ohm.

So now I went and bought some "Clapton" wire to find out its fused Clapton and have no idea how to build this, it's double wire as a base and kanthal around it, different from just 2 regular pieces of kanthal.

Here's what I've tried

5 wraps on 3.0mm drill it .15 ohms dual coil, 6 wraps 3.0mm .12 ohms dual as well I built a single coil 5 wraps at .3ohms I stuck to that. I tried doing 6 wraps 3mm db brought me up to .25 ohms on my reader same with my mod, dry burned her pinched her up. Wicked it vaped it and noticed it dropped right back to .1 ohm and threw her on my reader and yup .12. I'm baffled honestly.

I'm running a new limitless 24 RDA and excited to use it but it's not working out so I switched back to regular macro coil until i can get some real help.

Can someone guide me through or any tips? Tried to get as detailed as possible.

So it's a specs are limitless 24 rda, sigeli 150 18650 batteries-Samsung.

Thanks in advanced for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
When you put your cap on was the coil touching the cap at all? Any movement to the coil or touching can cause it to short and drop in resistance.
As mentioned by RatRacer, wire gauges and metal types offer different resistance per inch. A thicker/lower gauge wire will result in lower resistance when coiled when compared to a thinner/higher gauge wire-even if its a single digit jump.

KA1/Kanthal has a High resistance and if your shooting for .2-.3 I would suggest getting some 36g and 28g wire to work with. Im not a fan of premade wire unless its AVS wire as I know what its comprised of and know its sheltered away from other metals.

Steamengine is a great tool for finding a estimated resistance with what you have before even picking up a spool.
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp

VU Sponsors