Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...dults-vaping-overall-0331-20160331-story.html

A fairly decent article with a few rough spots.
By reading this i get the feeling that these B & M's would be happy if online sales are banned.
This is all fine and dandy if you live within a few miles of a B & M but that isn't the case for many.
In some parts of the mid west there isn't a vape shop for 200 miles.
Online sales MAKE the Vape Industry and without them a lot of ex smokers would be smokers

Let's break down the bullshit in this story shall we? - 5150

"Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says there is not enough evidence that e-cigarettes are healthier than smoking."

It is pathetic when the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention can't even be truthful about this when even the worst of the worst ANTZ Stanton Glantz doesn't even doubt that vaping is safer than sucking burning tobacco into your lungs 20+ times a day

It makes me wonder what else they are lying to the public about?

"Like other vaping businesses, Shawn Bowser wants his store, which first opened up online, to be regulated. The store is named after the Hawaiian word for spiritual leaders, Bowser said, to increase public awareness about vaping.

"We're like teachers," Bowser said.

Bowser has self-regulated in anticipation of future regulation. The maximum cap on nicotine is 24 milligrams and all juices have child-resistant caps."

So we have a vendor that doesn't even know that a child resistant caps law has already been passed on FEDERAL level?

Dude must not get out much (or go online much)
And He WAN'TS to be regulated?
Be careful what you wish for.

At Mr. Smoke, owner Miki Ben says cheap online products have killed small vaping businesses in the industry. Mr. Smoke's juice operation is restricted to two small stands in a store chock full of other products.

Six years ago when the vaping industry was just kicking off, people could make a quick buck. "Back then, you could make business because it was something new," Ben said. "We try to carry everything just to stay above water."

Ben said he hopes health officials take a closer look at the vaping industry, and "get rid of all the excess and all the people who do it just for the sake of low profit and don't know what they're doing."

First off don't name your vaping business "Mr. Smoke" - it's not smoke
It sounds like this guy is pissed off because his house juice isn't selling when six years ago "people could make a quick buck".
He doesn't have to carry the other juice so all this tells me is his house juice is garbage and he wants the premium brands that people prefer off the market because six years ago his garbage flourished because it was the only option.

Who has EVER done anything "just for the sake of LOW profit"?

Who does this clown think he's fooling?

"Teenagers are realizing the dangers of smoking cigarettes, said Joan Webb Scornaienchi, executive director of HC DrugFree, "but many of them believe e-cigarettes are perfectly safe. We don't know that. If anything, we believe they are not … there's a sort of sex appeal about them."

-> but many of them believe e-cigarettes are safer than smoking (Don't get it twisted)

Other than some tube mods looking like space aged dildos I don't see the sex appeal in a metal box with a tank full of liquid on top.

"Only the purchase of electronic cigarettes is illegal for minors, making it challenging to pin down illegal activity in vaping stores, which are often set-up as bar-style facilities where customers can try the products, said Menachery."

Is this "person" seriously suggesting that somewhere there are vape shops that let kids come inside and vape for FREE because it's illegal to sell to them?

That has to be the stupidest accusation i have ever heard pertaining to vaping and I've heard some fucked up shit over the last four years.

Want to discuss any of this bullshit?
Find any other bullshit you want to add?
Does this article belong in Bad even though the message was "Good"?

Comment Below (and thanks for reading - 5150)

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sucks. I bought my 1st starter kit from the Dojo, and I still buy coils from them on occasion. I'm not hip to the attitude that they want to be regulated. I might need to go spend my $10 every 3 months elsewhere. That will teach them.

Common sense would tell you that NO regulation should be in place until the evidence requires. The "not safe" crowd is going apeshit because there are NO sick vapers to bolster their position. I'm standing with the "It's 100% safe until someone gets sick" crowd, so fuck them. The evidence DOES support my position.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
everytime I hear some B&M owner tell me they are in bussiness to just help people I wanna stick a 26650 up their backsides.

VU Sponsors