Become a Patron!

Cloud Beast TFV8 - V8Q4 Coil Taste/Wicking

The coils in my new Cloud beast seem to not be working properly. I've haven't been tasting any flavor after replacing it twice with a V8Q4. I think I'm priming it correctly, usually just dripping the juice into the coil and letting it sit for around 20mins all the while sucking on it with the air valve closed (not firing it course.) I really have no idea wha'ts happening and i'm kinda sick of buying new coils. I have the Reuleux RX2/3 mod and was using the doughboy juice before all this sort of happened

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi there and welcome to VU, I don't use that tank, but hopefully some members that know it better will be along to help you out.:wave:

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
well for me i got flavor at about 65 - 85 watts the best flavors have been savior to sweets.

I have the tfv8 for my cloud beast and I am very generous when I am priming the coil, making sure that I completely soak the cotton inside and out, then I let it sit with my tank full for a little while. I usually vape it around 130 watts and I don't have any issues with it. The first time I vaped with that tank I didn't prime the coil good enough and I was getting some funky tasting hits no matter how long I let it sit. Worst case scenario is you flood the coil and have to hit it a few extra times. Hope that helps you out.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The coils in my new Cloud beast seem to not be working properly. I've haven't been tasting any flavor after replacing it twice with a V8Q4. I think I'm priming it correctly, usually just dripping the juice into the coil and letting it sit for around 20mins all the while sucking on it with the air valve closed (not firing it course.) I really have no idea wha'ts happening and i'm kinda sick of buying new coils. I have the Reuleux RX2/3 mod and was using the doughboy juice before all this sort of happened

You could be suffering several issues, as stated above improper priming could be an issue, my TFV4 Mini coils I loop a piece of scrap nichrome wire through the positive pin base air holes/pin of the coil head, then make a hook the other end and hang the coil in the bottle of juice I will be using and let it soak that way for about 15 minutes, remove and let it drip back into the bottle, saturates the coils fully and allows flooded juice drip back out.

If the coil resistance is lower than what you used before, say the new coils are 0.3 or so and your older coil heads were 0.5 as example, the old coils you were vaping at 80ish watts or so, the 0.3 being more mass of wire needs more power, step up the power 5 to 10 watt steps every few minutes until flavor returns, get a scorched or harsh hit, back it down a step or two.

Third issue, could be vapers tongue, vaping on the same flavor for extended periods can make your taste buds go flavor deaf to the same flavor, try changing to a new flavor, drink some lemonaide or orange juices (the citric acidity should cut any flavor or VG films that have coated your taste buds), citrus, hot cinamons, and menthol flavors can also be vaped on as a change up, juices with cucumber flavoring are the best (most times you find these with a fruit like raspberry, cucumber, with a light spearmint) to cut through vapers tongue, the fruit masks the cucumber for the most part and the spearmint brightens and smooths things out. Biggest offenders of creating vapers tongue are heavy and savory flavors, custards, cookies, cakes, pastries, rich coffees, and tobacco flavors, doughboy I am assuming a cookie or cake dough flavor would fall into that category, you'll see a lot of long time vapers will have 2 maybe 3 mods/tanks/drippers and vape on various flavors through out the day to fight this off. Example myself I vape on unflavored juice 70% of the day, mornings with my coffee I vape on a tobacco flavor, vape on unflavored at work and most the day with a fruity change up flavor in a second mod/tank, after dinner I have a treat flavor like a strawberry cheesecake or lemon cheesecake, lemon cookie, rest of the evening I am swapping between unflavored and a fruity flavor, hour before bed I am back to straight unflavored. Some have said using cinamon or spearmint gums/candies can help decrease the length of vapers tongue.

Drink plenty of water, juices to stay hydrated, I drink a lot of teas and green teas naturally and intake about 3/4 to 1 gallon of water during the day during the summer (I live in the desert so adjust accordingly), winter I am about 1/2 to 3/4 gallon extra water on top of teas through out the day, but de-hydration can cause vapers tongue as well.

Another cause could be the shop you are getting your coil heads from is getting a bad batch of coils from their supplier/wholesaler, change to a new vendor for your coil heads temporarily, see if it is a bad batch, but if same results, if the vendors are local to you they could be on the same supply chain, try a pack ordered online to test outside that supply chain, but if no change and still the same, then it is one of the above other issues.

Sorry for the late reply, work and personal life is keeping me busy atm I didn't see this in my normal tapatalk feed when posted, if still having issues, reply and tag me with a "@IMFire3605" in your reply to bring it into my alerts, I work at a vapor shop and can help trouble shoot the issues to the narrowest field possible.

matp75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got the tfv8 and am running it on my reuleaux 200s. I have not tried the v8q4 yet but the v8t8 so far gives me the best flavor of my all my tanks I run a mello III and mini super tank with .2 and .5 coils. I find with t8v8 I get the best flavor from around 100 -130 watts and get pretty good clouds also. I do really soak the coil though and let it sit for a while. I also ramp up to watts over about 25 -30 min. So i start at around 50 watts and ramp up to 130 not sure if it helps or not but it works with all my coils seems to taste better and coils last longer. I am super new at this so take my opinion with a grain of salt just my experiences in the few months i been doing it

VU Sponsors