Become a Patron!

Cloud Chaser battery technical review: Sony VTC4 vs new Efest 38A vs Efest 30A

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. And here I was ready to bring Efest it's last meal. I guess these specific Efest batteries aren't as terrible as I thought. I wonder where they're getting those cells made? Thanks for the work.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rather encouraging. I have both VTC's and Efest's. While I don't build low enough to draw 30 amps consistently, it's good to know their is a bit of headroom in these cells. At one point Efest was using HE2's. I bought a dozen 30A Efest about 8 months ago and took the wrappers off of 3 of them, they are VTC4's, sadly Efest isn't using the VTC4's and rewrapping them anymore.

I'm with Number3124. Wondering what manufacturer Efest is using for their current batteries.

dr_rox

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If Efest put batch or lot numbers on their stickers it wouldn't be such a crap shoot. But that wouldn't stop bait and switch. Send out good batteries to reviewers, then bend over the rest. I've dealt with chinese exporters before and gotten screwed - not battery related stuff. Just not very trusting of these business peeps anymore.

Rayne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd love to see some comparisons with the purple Efan and Imren cells... still haven't found any high quality reviews on those!

Definitely nice to see that the Efest cells are getting better, though. Still sceptical on them, because of their reputation, but nonetheless a nice review. Keep it up.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, we did a technical review of our best batteries for cloud chasers. Check it out and let me know if you have questions!

Best Batteries for Cloud Chasers or high current, Test Results at Liion Wholesale

Excellent data Jon, thanks for doing the testing and posting it :). The problem I have with Efest or any of the other non-manufacturer branded batts out there is they can change their suppliers at will and we'll only find out about a change in performance if someone like you does testing and tells us about it. The other issue I have is I've heard that Efest batts don't hold up for as many charge cycles as others do.

How do you feel about this?

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey guys thanks for the comments! VU moved the thread on me and somehow my thread subscription went away so I didn't see the replies.

One thing I haven't tested is charge cycle life, that's one thing we would need more equipment to do objectively. That is definitely another major reason good cells are generally better than bad cells so it's something I'd like to test. Just have to justify the cost of equipment...

NIMBUS MAXIMUS

Member For 4 Years
:D Thank you for doing this! I've been relentlessly researching batteries, and this thread has stopped my search.

Just ordered a couple of VTC4s and a charger from liion wholesale! Now I'll be ready when my first mechanical mod arrives. Sweet!

VU Sponsors