Become a Patron!

Cloupor Mini May have Serious Charging Safety Issues

ajaymes2001

Member For 5 Years
You will enjoy it when it does show up. I still replace the batteries when needed instead of on-board charging, just out of an over abundance of caution.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You will enjoy it when it does show up. I still replace the batteries when needed instead of on-board charging, just out of an over abundance of caution.
No doubt...even if thier was no issues with the charge port i would still prefer charging the batteries on my charger.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My port charger hasn't left the box. I use a wall outlet charger and have done just fine. Read too many horror stories about the port.

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A couple of days short of 2 months now, still running it in the upper 20's on the watts daily, still cold as ice. The cover over the wiring/boards came off a while back...a tad bit of epoxy and it's as good as shipped. I really don't foresee having issues with this unit, so I won't report further on this. Cloupor messed a few up, fixed the problem. I'm sure they aren't the only company to rush a product to market that wasn't quite ready in recent times...
Cloupor does it with nearly every one of their products.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So glad I got advised to get the sigelei 30 instead. Seems great quality and I love it, and its not likely to melt and catch fire on me.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Didn't read the thread, but I don't blame Cloupor as much as I blame vapors trying to save on getting a good charger.

FFS, if you're already spending tens of dollars on good batteries, why not get a good external charger too? USB charging is slow and is not how those type of batteries are meant to be charged.
If Cloupor had not included an internal charger and pass through, then yes. Since they did it's incumbent that they provide one that functions without a chance of frying the unit. Other manufacturers seem to have been up to the task.

VU Sponsors