Coconut Lime Slush

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found this as a cocktail recipe on the internet. I'm a firm believer that you can turn anything into a vape, so I had to try it - lol! Still playing with it, but this is pretty awesome in my Tobeco.....;)

Coconut Lime Slush
3% FA Coconut
.5% FA Lime Distilled
.5% FA Jamaican Rum

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thinking of bringing the rum up to .75. As a drink, rum is of course the primary ingredient, but wouldn't want it to take over the flavor in a vape. Of course it's always a matter of taste. Some of our drinkers might like another splash, I dunno....LOL!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm, regardless to say, those flavors play well together. Some lime Tahiti as well might give it a slushier flavor, perhaps. I never used this much coconut. And I love tart/sour. Me thinks I might try .5% of each lime in this!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great minds think alike, I'd considered the same thing!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, my "great mind" had a bout of cerebral flatulence.....tahiti and distilled are one and the same. But I just added cold pressed to this, we'll see how it turns out.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I added the other lime and I didn't like it as well, kills the rum. Of course the rum can be increased, but it is a lot smoother with just the distilled. Gonna play with it some more later.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well heck, I guess it depends where you purchase it. My bottles one says lime tahiti and the other says lime Tahiti cold pressed from ecigexpress. The lime tahiti is the clear one in color. That is what I think would be more key limish. The cold pressed I think is more yellowish and more like lime juice. Why do all companies name a certain flavor differently and boggle up my great mind? So you did originally use lime Tahiti or lime tahiti distilled, not cold pressed I believe. Yep that's what I would have done. Ok then, shall mix original in a few days/weeks after I vape up my many mls. Of already mixed stuff. Sorry I confused us. Guess that ain't hard to do with our great minds.:p

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I'm probably wrong, HIC explained the difference to me once and I know it fell out of my head since then. Need to check my notes, even though I did check them before I made this- then forgot. Brain farts.....anyone have gas-ex? My brain needs gas-ex.....o_O:p

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the vendors got confused too at some point. Flavour Art calls them both "tahiti", but the lime juice/key lime flavor (the one with more applications) is cold-pressed & distilled has kind of a bite--so I've been told. I only have the cold-pressed.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I too am FA - Lime / Tahiti / Distilled / Cold Press / Label conundrum distressed ;p

confusing to say the least ..

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm gonna re-do this one tomorrow as written, just maybe bump up the rum to .75. ;)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi T! I finally got to trying this. Wow. I have never used coconut above 1-1.5% and never got a real coconut taste from it until I tried Hic's Coconut Cookies. I'd if it is just the higher amount of coconut or what, but this is good, real coconut tasting. I tried it with 1% lime Tahiti also and it was a bit too much, .5% was much better. I am thinking that .75% lime Tahiti might be spot on for me. Nice job lady!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need to make some more, haven't done it since I added the other lime to the first one and got it too "limey"...ha! I do wanna spike it with a little more rum though.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking since I copied it from an actual cocktail recipe, I should be tasting more rum, supposed to be more boozy than fruity. Don't know how that'll go though.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm, then it would be a drunken slushy.:confused:. I think it will go good. Can't go wrong with coconut and rum, they pair well. I know, The Drunken Jamaican Coconut with lime.:D:p

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Of course it's always a matter of taste. Some of our drinkers might like another splash, I dunno....LOL!

I like FA Rum. I like it better in a boozy beverage vape juice when I add some complimentary (for me) FA Brandy. Otherwise, in Drink vape juices, I just don't get the alcohol notes that remind me of the real thing. :drunk:

For example, I don't often make a pina colada juice, but when I do, I always add .5% FA Bandy for that extra..zing.

monkey.jpg
Ron
---
"My grandmother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle."- Henny Youngman

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For example, I don't often make a pina colada juice, but when I do, I always add .5% FA Bandy for that extra..zing.
It really just depends on what it is, when I think of a pina colada, I think pineapple and coconut and just mix for the taste. For something like a fuzzy navel, I want the schnapps taste. FW's fuzzy navel is good for that one. I think maybe the coconut lime slush would be better a little boozier (say that fast five times...lol!), but I don't remember trying to see.

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I found this as a cocktail recipe on the internet. I'm a firm believer that you can turn anything into a vape, so I had to try it - lol! Still playing with it, but this is pretty awesome in my Tobeco.....;)

Coconut Lime Slush
3% FA Coconut
.5% FA Lime Distilled
.5% FA Jamaican Rum

Looks delicious!

VU Sponsors