Become a Patron!

Coconut-Vanilla Rum/ Lightly spiced Coconut-Cherry Rum

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Real simple. These 3 flavors go so well together. You will taste a coconut dark rum with a hint of sweet vanilla tahiti, a bit of sweet almond from the Vanilla Tahiti. It is a light tasting shake and vape.

Coconut-Vanilla Rum
2% FA Jamaican Rum
1% FA Vanilla Tahiti
1% FA Coconut

If the flavor is too light for you try upping the Rum to 3% and the Vanilla Tahiti & Coconut to 1.5%

Want to add a touch of spice and bring forth cherry from the vanilla tahiti?

Lightly Spiced Coconut-Cherry Rum
2% FA Jamaican Rum
1% FA Vanilla Tahiti
1% FA Coconut
1% INW Cherries

Note to self: I'm thinking the INW Cherries may be a good addition to FA Whiskey or TFA Kentucky Bourbon along with some sweet flavors, perhaps honey.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1% INW Cherries
Dang it! I have Black Cherry (FA, TPA, & INW), Natural Cherry FW, Maraschino Cherry FW, Cherry Blast, Cherry Crush FW....How come I don't have Cherries???? o_O

Seriously though...can I sub out with any one of these?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Real simple. These 3 flavors go so well together. You will taste a coconut dark rum with a hint of sweet vanilla tahiti, a bit of sweet almond from the Vanilla Tahiti. It is a light tasting shake and vape.

Coconut-Vanilla Rum
2% FA Jamaican Rum
1% FA Vanilla Tahiti
1% FA Coconut

If the flavor is too light for you try upping the Rum to 3% and the Vanilla Tahiti & Coconut to 1.5%

Want to add a touch of spice and bring forth cherry from the vanilla tahiti?

Lightly Spiced Coconut-Cherry Rum
2% FA Jamaican Rum
1% FA Vanilla Tahiti
1% FA Coconut
1% INW Cherries

Note to self: I'm thinking the INW Cherries may be a good addition to FA Whiskey or TFA Kentucky Bourbon along with some sweet flavors, perhaps honey.
Looking at the ingredients, it sure seems to be yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang it! I have Black Cherry (FA, TPA, & INW), Natural Cherry FW, Maraschino Cherry FW, Cherry Blast, Cherry Crush FW....How come I don't have Cherries???? o_O

Seriously though...can I sub out with any one of these?
Wow, that sucks. I am not familiar with most of those cherry flavors except FA Black cherry. How about I describe the cherries flavor? It is a light tasting cherry, like cherry flavor inside a pie, but there is a spice to it, like perhaps a spiced cherry pie. I'd say no to the maraschino cherry. You could try FA Black cherry at .5% and add .25-.5% TFA of FA Cinnamon. You might also try your tpa of inw cherry, since you know how they taste. Mix it up w/o cherry and taste it. Then decide on a cherry flavor you have. I have inw wisnea cherry and that might go ok here. I'd hate to make you buy another cherry. Also if you try .5% FA Black cherry, I'd try it w/o any cinnamon and see how you like it and then add cinnamon if you want. Do let us know how it goes. I decided to use inw cherries bc I knew it would add a subtle spice. I often mix inw cherries with FA Black cherry for a stronger cherry taste, but with that FA vanilla tahiti the light cherry some taste in it, well the two bring forth a nice flavor.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't successfully found a cherry flavor that I love yet. I will toy around with it. I will have to order INW Cherries though, it will go on my wish list! Thanks for posting this! I will see if I get a chance to throw your first recipe together today, that looks good also, and I have all the ingredience lol :)

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the coconut vanilla rum in my tank right now, and its nice! Smooth, no harshness, , the rum is not overwhelming but you do know its there and the coconut and vanilla - they just go together and adds the sweetness, but not too sweet. I'm not great at describing- don't judge me lol. In fact, this inspired me. So not only did I do the Black Cherry FA and the Cinnamon Ceylon FA mixture, I also did some more.
I made 10ml samples of w/ each:
0.5% Pear INW,
0.5%Banana Cream LA
0.5% Mandarin FA
0.5% Lime INW
1% Golden Pineapple CAP
I'm gonna fire up my rda tomorrow and taste them. I let you know what I think!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the coconut vanilla rum in my tank right now, and its nice! Smooth, no harshness, , the rum is not overwhelming but you do know its there and the coconut and vanilla - they just go together and adds the sweetness, but not too sweet. I'm not great at describing- don't judge me lol. In fact, this inspired me. So not only did I do the Black Cherry FA and the Cinnamon Ceylon FA mixture, I also did some more.
I made 10ml samples of w/ each:
0.5% Pear INW,
0.5%Banana Cream LA
0.5% Mandarin FA
0.5% Lime INW
1% Golden Pineapple CAP
I'm gonna fire up my rda tomorrow and taste them. I let you know what I think!
Very nice!! I love it when I get ideas from others and building on recipes with others. I think it's so much more fun than doing it all by oneself. Then you get different opinions and just have fun.

I did try that inw cherries at 5-6% and didn't really notice an increased taste. I believe it is a flavor that needs a bit of a boost. As I vapes on it a bit I think the spice in it may be a mix of cinnamon and cardamom, but the spice is light.

I then added 1.5% FA Vanilla Tahiti to the 5% Inw cherries to note any change. I didn't notice as much as I thought I would so I went ahead and added 1% FA Coconut and .75% FA Rum to it and that seemed to add a nice sweetness to it. I think it had more to do with the coconut than rum, but those 3 flavors work well compliment the cherries, sweetening and ...just making it really good. Ha, I ain't good with words either.

At any rate my goal was to let you know that if you buy the cherries what you are getting, that it needs a little help. And the rum, coconut, and vanilla work well in different ratios and even good at same ratios at 1.5% each.

M mm, I'm betting the banana cream one is excellent. I dont have LA, but I do have tfa...betting it would be good. I bet the lime would be good too, but I don't have that one. Maybe FA Lime c.p. or TFA key lime or Flv. lime for me to try. Pineapple I have is FA and don't like it at all.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed!! I did some of the above with equal amounts of Apple pie and FA Cookie for crust. Very good as well.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey...I'm back! My taste buds have been out of commission. Overnight my daughter and I developed a case of strep throat. Juice has been aweful tasting for me. I am on antibiotics and finally started to enjoy vaping again this morning. But anyhoo...In all fairness, I'm going to taste them now and maybe make up another batch in a week or so. So far I've tasted two:
Banana Cream LA - subtle, mellow tasting, not in your face boldness like I would expect from a banana creme: Conclusion-need to up the percentage to 1% and maybe add a touch of sweetener.
Pear INW - I was really surprised with this. It is really refreshingly good. Nice sweet pear flavor mixed with the rum, vanilla and coconut made a really unique and tantilizing mix for the tongue. Like it! Gonna play with this one for sure!

Fixing on changing cotton and tasting more soon :)

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Golden Pinepple Cap - Yuk...Chemical tasting from the go! Not sure where to go with this one.
Lime INW - It's got a good starting flavor but needs more of something. I added 3 drops of sweetener to the 10 ml and it changed it...still on the table of whether or not that that was a good choice.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mandarin FA - It barely registered on my taste buds scale. Going to need more of it.
Black Cherry and Cinnamon Ceylon - Nope, this is not too good at all.

OH LAWD- LOL at this point it is probably me...my taste buds have not fully ressurrected yet. I will continue with this maybe next week . Sorry :facepalm:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Golden Pinepple Cap - Yuk...Chemical tasting from the go! Not sure where to go with this one.

That one does need a least a 1 week steep, but it still may taste odd.
Thinking INW Pinacolada and INW Pineapple are better tho.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That one does need a least a 1 week steep, but it still may taste odd.
Thinking INW Pinacolada and INW Pineapple are better tho.
I do have both of those...but not INW :( And thanks for the info on the GP...I'll let it sit. I made this on Wednesday so I'll wait another few more days and taste it again.

we87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Any chance of TFA version? I have same flavors just in TFA. I do have FA coconut though.

I was thinking :
FA Coconut 2%
TFA Jamaican Rum 4%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 3%

What are y'all thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm working on a Rum Pastry now, the typical Brooklyn, Italian bakery pastry. I'm working with the TFA Dark and Jamaican Rums and they're a little finicky. Too much is too harsh, too little and you can't even taste it, blended together works much better, if you have both anyway. I've added in FW Butter Rum too, to get more of that creaminess in the pastry.

That's a roundabout preamble to say that I think you might have to go too high on the Rum to balance it against the FA Coconut.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Any chance of TFA version? I have same flavors just in TFA. I do have FA coconut though.

I was thinking :
FA Coconut 2%
TFA Jamaican Rum 4%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 3%

What are y'all thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needs to have some Pineapple, and normally Cream is used rather than Vanilla, at least in the real drink.

However that flavor combo might actually be pretty good:D.

VU Sponsors