Become a Patron!

Coil Compatibility

cmccarthy7128

Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
Is there an easier way than trial and error for finding coils to fit tanks that I can't find original coils for? Right now I am interested in coils for a VGOD tank.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Is there an easier way than trial and error for finding coils to fit tanks that I can't find original coils for? Right now I am interested in coils for a VGOD tank.

The only thing I could think of was search for: Coil Compatibility Chart.
I didn't have any luck. The VGod coils may be proprietary.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

You could also make a WTB ("Want to Buy") post in the Hardware thread. Maybe someone around here has some that they'd sell. It's worth a shot.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Found you some "stock" Vgod coils. It may be a good buy to drop an extra ~$20, to get the RBA assembly deck. You can, then, build your own coils with any over the market wire.

If you do not want to learn building, might consider another tank. Get one that takes a "standard", or "universal" assembly. Years ago, Kanger had tanks which took Smoktech "uni-coil" assemblies. Smoktech never switched out much design wise on these assemblies. They fit nearly anything to a point and were dirt cheap.

Smoktech rode that for all the profit it could. Suddenly, they broke into the tank market. The assemblies become proprietary. It was about then their quality control & customer service went to oblivion as well.

Seems now all manufactures are vying to lock consumers into walled off camps. Fight the power. Either learn to build or buy open "standard" products only. We get put on enough "farms" as it is, don't need them in vaping.

cmccarthy7128

Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you. I have just started building i bought a Steam Crave RDTA and a Wotofo RTA. I have a few others that a guy from here threw in when I bought a mod from him. Im hoping I get better at building soon I find it hard to assemble things. I don't have big hands or anything but everything feels tiny and difficult to handle.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't have big hands or anything but everything feels tiny and difficult to handle.

Look for tanks or RDA having what is called a Velocity style deck. These kinds of decks are designed with us fumble fingered in mind. They're very open & simple to build on. Once you get confidence doing it on one of these, all the rest, well save for postless, will seem to go better.

Try to avoid building micro coils. These are coils that have inner diameters of say 0.10 mm or so. Instead, try building coils that have a 2 to 3.5 mm inner diameter, macro coils. I really am glad I got rid of any kind of tank which required me to use coil assemblies too. Putting coils into tiny needle eyes was for the birds.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not familiar with that tank... but it would help if you tell us your vaping "style"
MTL: low power, less airflow
RDL: medium power, medium airflow
DL: higher power, lots of air flow
OK... just did a quick search for VGOD. I see RDTA and RDA (rebuildbales) am I missing something?
I'm guessing you like DL style vaping. I have a suggestion but will wait for you to comment.
What coils were you using before? (ohms and watts)?

VU Sponsors