Become a Patron!

Coil friendly chocolate concentrate?

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is there such a thing as a non coil-clogging choc or cocoa concentrate that doesn't taste like farts?

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hopefully someone will chime in on this but I do remember that using too high a heat can burn cocoa so subohming it is not recommended. :confused: YMMV As far as coil gunking goes less used will help with that I mean using a concentrate that takes less percentage(s). I'd suggest trying Flavourart Cocoa and Flavourart Chocolate. Hopefully this helps.;)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd suggest trying Flavourart Cocoa and Flavourart Chocolate.

These are the best tasting Chocolates IMO, but so far they're all hard on coils.

Not bad if only vaping Chocolate stuff on occasion but certainly not full time.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is there such a thing as a non coil-clogging choc or cocoa concentrate that doesn't taste like farts?
Yup I agree, fa cocoa & chocolate are the best thing I've tried for chocolate flavor and one needs only a little, so it's (relatively) not too hard on coils. I've heard people say good things about FW Dark Chocolate and am meaning to try it, but I have no idea if it's highly gunking. You might want to search on that flavor here--I think there was a thread devoted to it in the last few months. @Teresa P, I think? A chocolate orange recipe, I seem to remember.
Also, if you're on a quest, Medicine Flower chocolates might be worth researching in the forums/trying out.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Yea I've been using FA chocolate and cocoa for a while now. The orange choc recipe you mentioned Iirruping is my Jaffa Cake recipe that I posted a while back. I use a combined total of 1.5% FA chocolate and cocoa in that recipe, and although it doesn't gunk coils too badly, I'm still looking for improvement.

From my experience FW concentrates are bigtime coil gunkers coz a high percentage of concentrate is needed. I used to love their yellow cake, but it really gunks the old coils and have dropped it since. I get lazier in my old age, can't be assed changing wicks all the time.

I remember someone mentioning a potent clear cocoa concentrate a while back. Maybe TFA?

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty sure tfa has a double chocolate clear--maybe that's what you're thinking of?

About that theory that the less concentrate you use (as in the case of highly concentrated flavors like fa) the less coil gunking you'll get--I've always wondered if that actually makes sense. I mean, it makes sense at a first glance, but it would depend on *why* the flavor is more or less potent, wouldn't it? It may be that FW flavors, for instance, have more flavor carrier (PG mostly, but other stuff too sometimes) in addition to the flavor molecules, in which case, using more liquid from the bottle of flavor concentrate wouldn't really be adding more of those elements that make up the actual flavor and which (presumably) gunk the coil and make us worry about lung issues, etc.
Hope that was intelligible. I'm just gonna go with my first draft because it's close to bedtime :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a Lava Cake flavor coming by the end of the week and I will let you know how that goes next week. My experience so far is that sweeteners has cost me a couple of coils. Creams and custards have not been too hard on my BVC Coils

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
in which case, using more liquid from the bottle of flavor concentrate wouldn't really be adding more of those elements that make up the actual flavor

It would provided the total amount you are making remains static. If you are making up 30ml of a recipe that calls for x % of flavoring and you increase that amount, then also by virtue of doing so you have, at the same time, decreased the amount of base in your mix. Your ratio of flavoring to base has been altered towards the positive for flavoring.

I think a lot of the gunking that occurs with FW flavoring in particular is due to their heavy use of Sugar Syrup and Fructose.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It would provided the total amount you are making remains static. If you are making up 30ml of a recipe that calls for x % of flavoring and you increase that amount, then also by virtue of doing so you have, at the same time, decreased the amount of base in your mix. Your ratio of flavoring to base has been altered towards the positive for flavoring.

Yeahbut! Maybe this is me being dyslexic again, but when you increase the flavoring/decrease the base, if the flavoring you're using is made up of a high percentage of PG, aren't you also diluting the base, hence possibly NOT "[altering] toward the positive for flavoring"?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea cheers Iirruping that's the one. Anyone had much experience with it?

I've used it a few times but still prefer the FA Chocolate for taste anyway.
Don't think it's any better on the coils as you do need to use more of it than the FA IMO.
And it's still a dark color like all the rest.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Molinberry Glamour Chocolate was not too rough on the coils. I think Vapers Tek still carries it. And it actually tastes like chocolate :D

VU Sponsors