Become a Patron!

Coil won't fire.

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been vaping for about a year but recently got into mechanicals. I learned how to build from a friend of mine but whenever I connect my 24 gauge wire to the positive and negative post and try to fire it up, the coil won't light up and I hear no noise coming from the atomizer. I don't remember what atty this is happening in, but if you must know I will find out after work. Any help is appreciated.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been vaping for about a year but recently got into mechanicals. I learned how to build from a friend of mine but whenever I connect my 24 gauge wire to the positive and negative post and try to fire it up, the coil won't light up and I hear no noise coming from the atomizer. I don't remember what atty this is happening in, but if you must know I will find out after work. Any help is appreciated.
KO what atty what mech?
Floating or adjustable pins and contacts?
Does it read on an ohm meter?

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
KO what atty what mech?
Floating or adjustable pins and contacts?
Does it read on an ohm meter?

I'm not sure what atty yet, I'll be home in a few hours, my mech is a copper pegasus, and I have no clue what floating or adjustable pins are, but since they screw in, I assume they are adjustable, and I don't use an ohm meter, but I do beleive my Hana has an ohm meter?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes the hana should have an ohm meter built in, if it reads short then your answer is that there is a short.

The images I have found of the pegasus looks like a derlin insulator with a pin/contact that adjusts.
Take the top cap off and no atty, tighten down the plastic insulator, screw on atty and then put the contact pin in until it stops. reassemble the mod with atty and test fire it.

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes the hana should have an ohm meter built in, if it reads short then your answer is that there is a short.

The images I have found of the pegasus looks like a derlin insulator with a pin/contact that adjusts.
Take the top cap off and no atty, tighten down the plastic insulator, screw on atty and then put the contact pin in until it stops. reassemble the mod with atty and test fire it.

I'll give it a shot, thank you for your help!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh and not sure which atty but let us know it might also have an adjustable contact.

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh and not sure which atty but let us know it might also have an adjustable contact.

The atty is a castle atty. It has a deep well which was hard for me to pull off and build in, but it is set up properly.

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I tried this and fixed it! Thank you so much for the help.

VU Sponsors