Become a Patron!

Coils are burning help

ok so i have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I may be doing it all wrong for all I know. I am no expert and the only reasons I got into vaping was to not smoke cigs and my older brother recommended it as an alternative.

I've the same set (mod, tank, and juice) up for almost a year and have never had this problem before. if kinda feels like juice is burning too quick or isn't getting in the cotton enough and in turn is making my cotton burn in my coils. it tastes more burnt than it looks, but ive never had it happen before. I change coils out every month and a half to two months usually, but now I'm having to change them every 3 weeks. I have a segelie fuchai 213 mod with a Smok Cloud Beast tank with the octuplet coil and Coastal Cloud's Abyss liquid. I hit it on about 75 watts give or take 5 depending in my mood. I have no idea whats wrong. I need help please guys

Mainevape

Member For 1 Year
ok so i have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I may be doing it all wrong for all I know. I am no expert and the only reasons I got into vaping was to not smoke cigs and my older brother recommended it as an alternative.

I've the same set (mod, tank, and juice) up for almost a year and have never had this problem before. if kinda feels like juice is burning too quick or isn't getting in the cotton enough and in turn is making my cotton burn in my coils. it tastes more burnt than it looks, but ive never had it happen before. I change coils out every month and a half to two months usually, but now I'm having to change them every 3 weeks. I have a segelie fuchai 213 mod with a Smok Cloud Beast tank with the octuplet coil and Coastal Cloud's Abyss liquid. I hit it on about 75 watts give or take 5 depending in my mood. I have no idea whats wrong. I need help please guys
I had to stop using smok coils they just have gotten so bad. I use the big baby beast and use eleaf coils so much better.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just changed a Baby Beast T8 coil today after 3,000 puffs so I think check the authenticity of the coils.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow!

This is one of several threads recently dealing with Smok/SmokTech coils being foul to use. I recall using them for the Evod style tanks when I used Pen type vaporizers. Those coils were not so bad then. Understandably though, newer coils which are being made for obviously sub ohming seem to be a scourge. Lots of folks moving away from them.

@Huckleberried , or @Countrypami , can we make perhaps a sticky post regarding help or suggestions for Smok coils? That way we can combine all these up and provide a good place to find help. Maybe enough express it on a forum too we could petition Smok to re-calibrate how they're building these coils. They've never seemed unreasonable as far as customer service, listening and correcting due to customer feedback.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
so it is the coils and not my tank? I should just be able to switch coils and not have to buy a whole new tank?

Yep, it's the coils themselves. Apparently, Smok is having trouble 'getting it right' in how it manufactures them. I'm sincere in what I posted above, lots of folks are having trouble with their coils.

Swap coil brands, a poster (@Mainevape ) mentioned using Eleaf coils as a stop gap. Maybe Smok can get it sorted out once they see nobody is buying their coils. Oh, ooops.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
so it is the coils and not my tank? I should just be able to switch coils and not have to buy a whole new tank?

From what you have posted it is my first conclusion but I seriously doubt there is a problem with the tank. A tank either leaks or has stripped threads to need replacing. Fake or clone coils are very common. But only from reputable suppliers.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Wow!

This is one of several threads recently dealing with Smok/SmokTech coils being foul to use. I recall using them for the Evod style tanks when I used Pen type vaporizers. Those coils were not so bad then. Understandably though, newer coils which are being made for obviously sub ohming seem to be a scourge. Lots of folks moving away from them.

@Huckleberried , or @Countrypami , can we make perhaps a sticky post regarding help or suggestions for Smok coils? That way we can combine all these up and provide a good place to find help. Maybe enough express it on a forum too we could petition Smok to re-calibrate how they're building these coils. They've never seemed unreasonable as far as customer service, listening and correcting due to customer feedback.
We'll look into it... but there are several threads here about them: http://www.vapingunderground.com/forums/factory-replacement-heads-and-coils.799/

I use Smok coils with my Fuchai 213. I found that if I use a needle to make a small hole at the bottom of each cotton panel before priming, it lasts months, with no burnt flavor. I vape pure VG.

VU Sponsors