Become a Patron!

Comparing tanks for flavor

What makes one tank "have better taste and vapor" than another one? I see advertisements saying so and so tank has such great taste. Is it the coil and/or wick, or is there something else?

I just got the Herakles and it's definitely one of the best tanks I've bought to date, the way they have it set up is there are 6 points of entry for the juice to come through so you can get the maximum amount of juice being pulled through, also this is a sub tank so the coiles are .5 I believe and .2 so you can get a much higher wattage out for some good taste

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maganus is also a great tank ,I fill it with juice in the tank and if I wanna try a different I drip a.lil on the coil from the top pretty sweet tank imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I want the RS KTA it looks good . The reviews are good the price is high if it turns out rubbish also the mirage looks good to but again the price is high

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
What makes one tank "have better taste and vapor" than another one? I see advertisements saying so and so tank has such great taste. Is it the coil and/or wick, or is there something else?
Besides coil and wicking, the chimney and airflow are playing a big role in flavor and vapor. Too much air can decrease flavor and vapor density. I like the new sub ohm tanks, due to better airflow for direct to lung hits. However, I haven't found the UD Zephyrus to be one of them. IMO, it has too much airflow. When closing the airflow control, it's getting either real noisy or even whistles. My personal favorites that I own one or more of, are the Kanger Subtank Plus, SilverPlay, Lemo 2, UD Goliath, and UD Goblin. A note on the Goblin, it is tricky to get the wicking right.

Thanks for the opinions on different tanks, and for the explanation. I was looking to find out why some tanks taste better than others. I personally do not like sub ohmming, and have found my EVOD and mini pro tank 2 give me the best flavor (I'm not interested in big clouds :) ). I also have tried the mini pro tank 3, aspire nautilus, and the kanger subtank. I have two other ones that I was gifted (UD Zephyrus, Arctic) that I haven't opened yet because they are sub ohm and I may end up giving them to a friend. The mini pro tank 3 and nautilus are both dual coil, and I'm thinking that might be the difference. I have an adjustable airflow that I connect. While I occasionally get some good flavor from the MPT3, I don't think I have ever really liked the flavor from the nautilus. Thoughts?

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When was the last time you tried a Nautilus coil? Was it before they switched to organic cotton? I'm thinking of getting some, for more of a stealth vape, on my old Nautilus mini. I heard the flavor is better, then the ceramic.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Herakles delivers great flavor, but the stock coil needs a minimum of 45 watts to fire right, and is rated for 50-100 watts. If you want just as good flavor, and decent clouds as well you can replace it with the .5 ohm Atlantis coil and get just as good performance from it running just 20-30 watts.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Herakles delivers great flavor, but the stock coil needs a minimum of 45 watts to fire right, and is rated for 50-100 watts. If you want just as good flavor, and decent clouds as well you can replace it with the .5 ohm Atlantis coil and get just as good performance from it running just 20-30 watts.
That's one of the reasons I like the Herakles. Being interchangeable with the Atlantis coils gives it so much range.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's one of the reasons I like the Herakles. Being interchangeable with the Atlantis coils gives it so much range.
The stock coil ran so hot in mine it was cooking my juice, and you couldn't touch the base of the tank after 3-4 hits without burning your fingers. the Atlantis coil works so much better for me.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wonder if being a parallel coil is the reason it runs so hot?

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is my tank....If there is something better I dont even care, this isnt broke, so there is no need to try and fix it...This setup brings out flavors you might not have known existed in the first place...

9 wrap Spider Silk Ti wire on a RBA+ Kanger Subtank deck push .41 ohm with a Trinity Copa Tip on my beloved evic Joyetech VT box....If I lost any one part of this setup, id go make another. Im halfway to a white version of this, just need a white VT box...ohh boy...gunna order one now...this setup is soooo sick...even the peeps at the vape shop were impressed

436E4044-F2CF-4B07-B3F5-7EB21754964D-9173-0000030A30197566_zpsr99aypdt.jpg

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wonder if being a parallel coil is the reason it runs so hot?
I would have to say yes since the Atlantis coil doesn't get more than a little warm, and not so hot that it turns my juice dark.

For flavor...
Horizontal coils beat vertical coils. Yep, I said it. Now wot? :)
More wattage does not equal more flavor.

The Kanger Subtank Mini with the .5 ohm coils puts out incredible flavor... at 17-22 watts.

Jm.02
Thanks. I have the Subtank, I don't like it, probably because it's subohm.

When was the last time you tried a Nautilus coil? Was it before they switched to organic cotton? I'm thinking of getting some, for more of a stealth vape, on my old Nautilus mini. I heard the flavor is better, then the ceramic.

Thanks. When did they switch? It's been maybe 6 months since I got the tank. I'll check to see if the replacement coils I got more recently are organic cotton.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think they came out sometime in March. The juice holes are bigger as well. The ones on top are the new ones.

proxy-1.jpeg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors