Become a Patron!

Concerning the FDAs vaping act (HR 2058)

wr3ckin_it

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is currently a petition that we need all vapers ( or even nonvapers, doesn't matter) to sign. It's to get the FDA to redo the reform making it possible for us to keep the newer vape products, past the 2007 date they're currently trying to put into effect. Please spread the word and go sign! Thanks guys!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...-life-saving-vapor-products-can-remain-market

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree with wr3ckin_it "...even nonvapers, doesn't matter..." except that it does matter. We vapers have to stop thinking of ourselves as isolated from the world, struggling alone. Our family and friends who know about our success with quitting tobacco through vaping might come through to support us.

I want to thank Tia whose recent videos on this subject, on her YouTube channel TiaVapes, really brought home to me the seriousness of this matter, the ticking clock over our opportunity to make a difference, her loud, bell ringing, foot stomping insistence that we stop tasting juices, reviewing things, enjoying our vapes, and DO SOMETHING, DO ANYTHING.

So I sent this in an email to all of my friends and family that I could think of. Feel free to cut and paste and use my verbage as is, or edit to suit you, or rewrite it, but forward this message. Make the effect exponential. Add something I didn't, tell them that after signing the petition, to forward your email to everyone they know.

Maybe it will work, maybe it won't, but we will have tried. Here is what I sent out:

Begin

It occurs to me that I should call in friends and family to support me in fighting the FDA, whose proposed regulations on vaping will affect me adversely. The window of time during which you can help is rapidly closing.

Vaping enabled me to stop smoking cigarettes, and so saved my health, and probably my life, as I look back on a father and an uncle who died from emphysema from smoking cigarettes. The Saturday after Thanksgiving this year will bring my third anniversary of being completely free of cigarettes. Some very old processes in my lungs healed and I am well. I will be happy to answer any questions about the ecigarette carrier liquids and their ingredients, and provide sources for further information.

I signed the White House petition linked below in this email. I ask you to add your name to it by November 26, and support of my hope of remaining free to use the only smoking cessation method that has worked for me, worked for my friends who clued me into vaping, worked for many people I know. How many people do you know who stopped smoking by vaping? Please help us all.

Our government will not allow vaping to be promoted as a smoking cessation method, in spite of the hundreds of thousands of people around the world who have been delivered from smoking by this method. Those vape shops and websites that have promoted the ecigarette for smoking cessation with signage or verbage have received a cease and desist letter from our FDA, informing them that they are breaking federal law.

Our FDA has been given the green light to write regulations of the vaping industry and the use of vaping. As written, the FDA’s proposed ecigarette regulations will remove 99.9% of vapor products from the market. This will have the effect of banning the sale and use of vaping equipment and supplies as we know it in this so called free country.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...-life-saving-vapor-products-can-remain-market

Again, the deadline is November 26.

If the FDA has its way, cigarettes and other tobacco products will remain available to all who want them. It's laugh or cry.

Thank you.

end

VU Sponsors