Become a Patron!

Confused Vapor

Hi all. I have been vaping for about a mth, went from a pack of ciggs a day to just vaping. No regrets.

My gear

UD Balrog 70 box mod (mod only not the kit).

http://vapenw.com/balrog-70w-tc-mod-kit-by-youde

Tank 1

The council of vapor Vengeance Tank

https://www.vapesocietysupply.com/products/vengeance-sub-ohm-tank

Tank 2

Aspire Cleito

http://www.aspirecig.com/products/cleito/236.html

I was hoping someone could help me out with a few questions I had. I live in Chengdu, China. Products available to us are a bit limited when compared to North American and Europe. Also Chengdu is a city of 7mill+ and I only know of about 4 vape stores in the city. It’s getting more popular but the sales staff are not the most knowledgeable.

I made my purchase of the Blarog 70 and vengeance tank based on readings and various YouTube reviews. Vaping is still a bit of information overload for me.

I am very satisfied with this set up. I realized quickly that the vengeance tank is a bit small for me for a day of work. It’s about 2.0ml. I don’t want to be messing with adding more oil and bringing spare oil bottles to work with me.

So I then picked up tank 2 the aspire Cleito. It’s about 3.5ml in size. The cost of the Cleito was 1/3 less than the cost of the vengeance.

After trying them both for a week I have found I like the flavor that comes from the Vengeance more than the aspire.

I know that taste is subjective. My first question:

Do I like the vengeance more because it costs more, the placebo effect, or is it a better tank?

Could someone give some recommendations on tanks that are 3.5ml+ that would have similar flavor as my vengeance.

My 2nd question is about my mod. When I have the watts set to 70 the flavor seems to be better than when the watts are set to 50. Does this mean if I have a 200watt mod then the flavor would be even better?

Could someone give me some suggestions on a mod upgrade. Longer lasting battery, prefer user replaceable, and more wattage. But again I like the simplicity of my current set up.

No interest in adding complexity.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Depending on the coil make up and type of coil in it the 70w is barely getting it warm.
Balrog is fine for lower temp coils.

How do I know if the coil is made for low temp or high temp?

I was thinking that the flavor difference is coming from the fact that my first tank is about .2 ohms and and my 2nd tank is .4 ohms.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
How do I know if the coil is made for low temp or high temp?

I was thinking that the flavor difference is coming from the fact that my first tank is about .2 ohms and and my 2nd tank is .4 ohms.

The quality of the coils is probably vastly different though a lot of vapers says the lower ohms are more flavorful.

Do I like the vengeance more because it costs more, the placebo effect, or is it a better tank?

Generally, from my experiences, certain tanks just taste better than others, it very well could be that the Vengeance is one of the better flavor tanks.

Could someone give some recommendations on tanks that are 3.5ml+ that would have similar flavor as my vengeance.

You may want to look at the Herakles Plus tank. I enjoyed my friends and he swears by it. I believe it has a 3.5 tank.

My 2nd question is about my mod. When I have the watts set to 70 the flavor seems to be better than when the watts are set to 50. Does this mean if I have a 200watt mod then the flavor would be even better?

NO!! Well, not necessarily. If your coil is set up for 200w, and you hit it with 200w, it will generate an immense amount of 'cloud' and flavor, along with what is likely a warmer and harsher throat hit. An example is the newish TFV8, its rated up to 180w. If you hit a coil that's rated for lets say 40w on a device that's set for 220 watts, you'll likely cough and gag, and maybe even cry a little if you're lucky. (don't ask how I know)

Could someone give me some suggestions on a mod upgrade. Longer lasting battery, prefer user replaceable, and more wattage. But again I like the simplicity of my current set up.

Look into the Smok HPRIV. Its very easy to figure out, seems to be quite durable, and for 220w it's pretty cheap, very cool regulated mod overall, just wish it came in all black. :/ Its a dual 18650 battery mod though, so you will need an external charger for those. They're also user replaceable, so that's cool.

VU Sponsors