Become a Patron!

Cookie 27

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but I haven't had much to contribute. I got a bunch of new flavors in a while ago and have been doing the whole trial and error thing. Toss in steep time and time creeps. Anyway, one of the flavors that I'm growing to find very good and flexible is CAPs Cereal 27.

This one is very reminiscent of oatmeal cookies w/o raisins.
Biscuit(INW) 2%
Cereal 27(CAP) 2%
Vanilla Bourbon(INW) 1% (can sub FA Vanilla bourbon, but I find INW vanillas more buttery)
Cinnamon Ceylon(FA) .25% (error on the low side)
Needs 7-10 days to steep.
Try it as is first, then try adding background notes e.g.(Banana,INW Shisha Strawberry, INW Plum or your favorite nut).

Copy & Pasted Cookie Pic
DSC05257.JPG

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the recipe Squonk. Got some 27 in a week or so ago but hadn't had time to play around with it yet so this will prob be the first use for it.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the recipe Squonk. Got some 27 in a week or so ago but hadn't had time to play around with it yet so this will prob be the first use for it.
I think your going to like playing around with it. I wish I ordered more. It's the first cereal flavoring I actually enjoy. I have a banana almond cereal steeping now and it smells so good I want to drink it.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good looking recipe, good share!

I have got to get my hands on that biscuit. I see it in so many good looking recipes, and besides that I think I'm set - so, off to the usual round of vendors. Just kicked off a new purchase order, thanks!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good looking recipe, good share!

I have got to get my hands on that biscuit. I see it in so many good looking recipes, and besides that I think I'm set - so, off to the usual round of vendors. Just kicked off a new purchase order, thanks!
Your gonna love Biscuit. I order it 30mls at a time. I like 2% biscuit + .5% FA Cookie. Cookie gives the biscuit that baked brown cookie bottom flavor. If I want a chewy type cookie, I leave out FA cookie and add .5-.75 FA marshmallow and add some vanilla.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think your going to like playing around with it. I wish I ordered more. It's the first cereal flavoring I actually enjoy. I have a banana almond cereal steeping now and it smells so good I want to drink it.

I've actually been sitting here for about an hour debating on doing a banana nut cereal using Cereal 27. What you come up with? :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jungle Flavors Biscuit is identical to Inawera in taste, loving the JF line.
@Squonk, I have IA vanilla classic, but not bourbon. How would they compare? I still haven't cracked open my cereal 27, this would be a good opportunity!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jungle Flavors Biscuit is identical to Inawera in taste, loving the JF line.
@Squonk, I have IA vanilla classic, but not bourbon. How would they compare? I still haven't cracked open my cereal 27, this would be a good opportunity!
:wave:Hi T.P.. If your talking about INW vanillas, vanilla bourbon has a more up front flavor and IMO has a more buttery finish at the end of the exhale. INW and FA classic and bourbon are very similar. I like the INW a tad better for the buttery notes. I'm finding FA Fresh Cream 2%+ 1.5% INW Vanilla Bourbon + .5-.75% Shisha Vanilla= a smoother version of CAPs VBIC after a few day steep.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

as mentioned, this will prob be my first run with it, had ordered it then checked some reviews and got mixed info regarding C27 - looking forward to this!

After 1 day it taste like moist banana nut bread, but time will tell.
Cereal 27(CAP) 4%
Banana(INW) 1%
Dairy/Milk(TFA) 2%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
Almond(FA) 1%

hmm missing the TFA Dairy - have FA Condensed ... prob not as rich tasting tho.. any comparisons for the two?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
These all sound good. I've never had cereal #27 so I'm bookmarking until I get some in. Thanks for sharing!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
as mentioned, this will prob be my first run with it, had ordered it then checked some reviews and got mixed info regarding C27 - looking forward to this!

hmm missing the TFA Dairy - have FA Condensed ... prob not as rich tasting tho.. any comparisons for the two?
I'm not sure. I never tried Condensed. I was going for a banana nut cereal and using dairy milk to help with the milk part. Hopefully someone else can chime in. You could try upping FA Fresh Cream to 2%.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure. I never tried Condensed. I was going for a banana nut cereal and using dairy milk to help with the milk part. Hopefully someone else can chime in. You could try upping FA Fresh Cream to 2%.

Thanks Squonk! not ever in a hurry by any means.. will prob just wait to order the tfa - was just curious is all :cheers:

sampleit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Hmm condensed wouldn't be a good fit here. Flv cream prob a good sub. Condensed is good for the bin imo!! Try RF condensed Milk

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm condensed wouldn't be a good fit here. Flv cream prob a good sub. Condensed is good for the bin imo!! Try RF condensed Milk

haha.. damn! now I have to try and come up with something that the condensed will work for ... ;p ahh well like a good challenge.
Thanks for the weigh in :cheers:

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
haha.. damn! now I have to try and come up with something that the condensed will work for ... ;p ahh well like a good challenge.
Good luck! I gave it the good ol' college-try, and then some. I tried that crap with everything I could think of, fruits, tobaccos, cereals, yogurts... it just ruined everything that it came in contact with. I don't often chuck a whole bottle of flavoring in the trash, but that's exactly where Condensed Milk went. One of the very few.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I use it at 0.5% added in with Yogurt recipes mostly, to give them a bit of a sour note.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
it just ruined everything that it came in contact with. I don't often chuck a whole bottle of flavoring in the trash, but that's exactly where Condensed Milk went. One of the very few.

The first version was horrible but the reformulated one that came out mid 2016 is not so bad ... much like Heabob mentioned, I've used it as an accent only. It's not something that works well as a major player.

I wonder if you might have/had the version prior to it being reformulated?

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The first version was horrible but the reformulated one that came out mid 2016 is not so bad ... much like Heabob mentioned, I've used it as an accent only. It's not something that works well as a major player.

I wonder if you might have/had the version prior to it being reformulated?
I hope so. But, hearing this, and seeing that there's a lot of recipes (good lookin' ones, at that - and by people who don't have drastically different and weird taste preferences, no less) calling for it, I'm thinking so. Err, hoping so.

It's only a couple bucks, and my last order is still in the USPS's hands, so that means I'm overdue for an order. I'll throw it in there, see if it's different.

Thanks for the head's up - hate throwing an opinion on something around if it's already been addressed and all. Appreciate it.

VU Sponsors