Become a Patron!

COVID 19, AND VAPING, did you contract Covid 19 or .............................

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Just out of curiosity did you as a vaper contract COVID 19 or do you know any vaper that has?

Just wondering if PG plays a roll in helping prevent Covid 19.

98884459_10158295650298794_6006335790055948288_n.jpg

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
my wife and I both had it.
I had it back from mid feb-end of March and Shannon had it from mid March until early may.

Thankfully we both had relatively mild cases. Hers was more serious than mine. When she had it she was to week and short breath to walk from the sofa to the kitchen(about 30 feet). There were a few times I was about to call the squad to come take her to the ER; but, thankfully she was able to get over it.

I don’t care what anyone says about it’s seriousness or case number; it’s no birthday party; and much worse than the flu. -even the mild cases we had. She and I are both in high risk groups to top it off. She’s immune compromised and I only have one kidney. Until more valid and proven information is available we’re taking any and all precautions to avoid it, and I would hope anyone with similar susceptibility does the same for their own safety.

She and I both vape, but I can’t really speak to how the vape attributes to severity or prevention of COVID

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Glad you both recovered.
And you made the right desesion by not going to the hospital which may have been worst.

So I guess vaping plays no role on helping to prevent covid.
Thanks for sharing.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Glad you both recovered.
And you made the right desesion by not going to the hospital which may have been worst.

So I guess vaping plays no role on helping to prevent covid.
Thanks for sharing.
Well, one or two cases doesn’t dictate normal. Like I said we are both high risk. So it could just be that the vaping prevented it from getting worse.
I have seen multiple reports that melatonin can prevent it from spinning out of control once contracted.
Thank you for posting this thread. Would be nice to see other opinions

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don’t know for certain, but in mid February, I was sick for two 1/2 weeks. Mild case, but it was the cough that stuck out. Two full weeks of this cough, never changed, never moved from where it was in my chest. But I could work, move about, do stuff. Couldn’t sleep lying down for days. Did have a fever(mild) for a day or two. And I would be fine during the day, but at night, I would get bad.

Covid? Maybe.......timing is right.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm a high PG vaper (80pg/20gvg) because I can't tolerate VG any higher than that for very long at all. Have not been sick of symptoms of COVID.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I think my son and I had it back end of Nov - Dec, @SMOKIE was sick for 3 weeks, ribs hurt like crazy, went to the dr, it wasn't flu. coughing and fever.. the antibiotics did not help, and I had to stop taking the cough syrup, turns out I am allergic to anything with codeine in it.. It was not fun.

Then my bbf, runs a food truck and 2 sports lounges, he got it back in June.. and he buys shots from me. We are both max vg, and my son doesn't vape at all.

Good to see you around, my friend.. :D not sure if this helps you or? I hope you don't get this mess!

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I think my son and I had it back end of Nov - Dec, @SMOKIE was sick for 3 weeks, ribs hurt like crazy, went to the dr, it wasn't flu. coughing and fever.. the antibiotics did not help, and I had to stop taking the cough syrup, turns out I am allergic to anything with codeine in it.. It was not fun.

Then my bbf, runs a food truck and 2 sports lounges, he got it back in June.. and he buys shots from me. We are both max vg, and my son doesn't vape at all.

Good to see you around, my friend.. :D not sure if this helps you or? I hope you don't get this mess!
Good hearing from you, and yours all survived.

I did not catch it so far but have been cautious with my habits.
Took 6 weeks off of work in April when we were hit the hardest.

Experts are predicting another big round of this in Oct, Nov

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

My family is still stocking up on essentials. I do not like john wayne tp at all :p :D
Stay safe, Smokie.. will be in and out!! :D

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Starting to see rumors of a vaccine being available around first of the year.
hope it’s sooner; but, still sounds fairly optimistic.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don’t know for certain, but in mid February, I was sick for two 1/2 weeks. Mild case, but it was the cough that stuck out. Two full weeks of this cough, never changed, never moved from where it was in my chest. But I could work, move about, do stuff. Couldn’t sleep lying down for days. Did have a fever(mild) for a day or two. And I would be fine during the day, but at night, I would get bad.

Covid? Maybe.......timing is right.
Wife and I had something very much resembling covid in December....
Was nasty and unlike any cold/flu we had ever had.
Covid? who knows.

But taking no chances and doing full protection for the foreseeable future as we are both at pretty high risk.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Starting to see rumors of a vaccine being available around first of the year.
hope it’s sooner; but, still sounds fairly optimistic.
I have concerns in that area. They are already set to make millions of doses of a vaccine before it is proven yet to work or be safe. Warped speed... I feel it will be pushed on us regardless of safety or efficacy.
Remember vaccines are exempt from product liability laws.
And the outfit making it has never brought a product to market yet.

On the other hand I welcome a safe and effective vaccine. Being a guinea pig not so much.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have concerns in that area. They are already set to make millions of doses of a vaccine before it is proven yet to work or be safe. Warped speed... I feel it will be pushed on us regardless of safety or efficacy.
Remember vaccines are exempt from product liability laws.
And the outfit making it has never brought a product to market yet.

On the other hand I welcome a safe and effective vaccine. Being a guinea pig not so much.
I agree with you on the Guinness pig part... however, an illness as severe as this is, I’m glad to see 3 years worth of bureaucracy not the way.

On another note, I just came across this from Israel. Looks promising as a potential treatment.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with you on the Guinness pig part... however, an illness as severe as this is, I’m glad to see 3 years worth of bureaucracy not the way.

On another note, I just came across this from Israel. Looks promising as a potential treatment.
Short term I think treatment will save far more lives than a vaccine which may or may not work and may require annual shots like the flu vaccines...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yep heard about that on NPR this morning.
Just the fact that they are finding treatments that really help makes me feel a tad better.
Not that it’s time to party and go back to pre-COVID life but I can at least have optimism.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lotsa NPR lately, driving about 2 hours daily to help a laid up relative.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just the fact that they are finding treatments that really help makes me feel a tad better.
Not that it’s time to party and go back to pre-COVID life but I can at least have optimism.
Ahh yes the new normal. several aspects of our lives will not return to normal for perhaps several years.
Who wants to go on a cruise? Sit in crowded theater, etc?
some will but many will not.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ahh yes the new normal. several aspects of our lives will not return to normal for perhaps several years.
Who wants to go on a cruise? Sit in crowded theater, etc?
some will but many will not.
true, but it’ll be nice to not be apprehensive going to a restaurant or walking through a grocery

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I dunno..
I have no fear of walking into walmart.. my fear now is them handing out masks, and everyone picking out one.. with no gloves, no precautions.. yeah... Food trucks, here I come.

Been using a couple food trucks for meats and veggies now for 6 months.. safer, fresh, and out in the open air.

PopcornSmell

Member For 1 Year
I don't live in the US so not sure about the food price over there. Is ordering food delivery more expensive than going to the supermarket and get it? If my country has the same COVID-19 situation like the US, I would definitely stay at home all the time :(

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More than 90% of coronavirus patients DO develop antibodies to the virus that last for at least three months, study finds

Hopes rise for a coronavirus vaccine: First results of Oxford's Covid-19 jab show it's safe and provokes an immune reaction that lasts for two months as team says it may be ready by Christmas

So 3 months tops immunity?

From all I have read any corona vaccine will not be like measles or such vaccine with lifetime immunity.
Nor will natural immunity from surviving the virus be lifetime it seems.

so settle in for a new normal...

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
More than 90% of coronavirus patients DO develop antibodies to the virus that last for at least three months, study finds

Hopes rise for a coronavirus vaccine: First results of Oxford's Covid-19 jab show it's safe and provokes an immune reaction that lasts for two months as team says it may be ready by Christmas

So 3 months tops immunity?

From all I have read any corona vaccine will not be like measles or such vaccine with lifetime immunity.
Nor will natural immunity from surviving the virus be lifetime it seems.

so settle in for a new normal...
It’ll be an annual vaccine or every 6 months
I’m more optimistic on the treatments being developed:

there is also the possibility that the bug fizzles and does out over the course of the next few years.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It’ll be an annual vaccine or every 6 months
I’m more optimistic on the treatments being developed:

there is also the possibility that the bug fizzles and does out over the course of the next few years.
Yep the way I see it as well. Of course the bug could get worse instead of fizzle though.
I see it mostly like a flu vaccine custom tailored for each years mutations and a hit or miss thing...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yep the way I see it as well. Of course the bug could get worse instead of fizzle though.
I see it mostly like a flu vaccine custom tailored for each years mutations and a hit or miss thing...
It could there us always that chance. Early signs are that it’s mutating to be more of a vascular and nervous system issue. Of course it could also be that researchers are learning more about it and it’s always been that way.
it’s still such a new bug that it’s impossible for them to have a complete understanding of its attack. Another reason I’m optimistic onits severity being stopped with the recent discoveries of possible treatments and how effective some APPEAR to be.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have concerns that many that survive the virus will have long lasting issues from it.
Covid Lung? Covid neuro whatever....
so yes treatments that minimize those effects are very important. And of course to reduce/eliminate deaths.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The University of Kentucky on Tuesday released plans for testing up to 30,000 students for COVID-19 as part of its plan to restart in-class instruction on Aug. 17.

Sad to see a train wreck destined to happen and can do nothing about it.
KY is at 50%+ daily new infection rate vs 3 weeks ago...
And the university is on one of the hot spots of new cases growth.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The University of Kentucky on Tuesday released plans for testing up to 30,000 students for COVID-19 as part of its plan to restart in-class instruction on Aug. 17.

Sad to see a train wreck destined to happen and can do nothing about it.
KY is at 50%+ daily new infection rate vs 3 weeks ago...
And the university is on one of the hot spots of new cases growth.
To many college kids sharing bodily juices

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep we still have not really figured out much about the covid. why it is asymptomatic in some but not others? Long term effects, best treatements, etc.

Reality is not like an hour long TV show, or even a 2 hour movie...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just something I read from an article today...

Once a vaccine is available, it could still take six months to a year to vaccinate enough of the population to slow the spread.
"That's if you're lucky,"

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just something I read from an article today...

Once a vaccine is available, it could still take six months to a year to vaccinate enough of the population to slow the spread.
"That's if you're lucky,"
That’s also assuming manufacturing stays at current levels.
if like to think that the same country that can mobilize recovery efforts after devastating acts of God and shift gears to develop war time weaponry can surely apply the same concepts toward mass vaccine production and implementation.
At least I hope that’s the case

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That’s also assuming manufacturing stays at current levels.
if like to think that the same country that can mobilize recovery efforts after devastating acts of God and shift gears to develop war time weaponry can surely apply the same concepts toward mass vaccine production and implementation.
At least I hope that’s the case
I dunno quite a few months in and we are still short on n95 masks...
Should have enough by now for non HC workers to use them...
the vast majority of our masks and such still come from China.

I am not impressed with my country's response to this pandemic. That includes individuals, corporations and leaders.

but we did become #1 in infections and such....

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I dunno quite a few months in and we are still short on n95 masks...
Should have enough by now for non HC workers to use them...
the vast majority of our masks and such still come from China.

I am not impressed with my country's response to this pandemic. That includes individuals, corporations and leaders.

but we did become #1 in infections and such....
Valid points all... I’m working on my optimism. :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tend to be somewhat of a pragmatic optimist.
with more emphasis on the pragmatic part ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The US went from 3 million confirmed Covid cases to 4 million in 2 weeks....

And still some think we are doing fine with it....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let’s just hope the death rates don’t climb as quickly
Death rates lag a few weeks behind infection rates. But I think I read something about 1,000 deaths per day now? The deaths vs infection rates will not be as high because of more younger people getting infected but will still climb.
I think we are getting close to 150,000 deaths now.
And daily death rates are really spiking in FL and TX.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Death rates lag a few weeks behind infection rates. But I think I read something about 1,000 deaths per day now? The deaths vs infection rates will not be as high because of more younger people getting infected but will still climb.
so the relationship isn’t direct.
i am seeing and hearing instances of younger people not surviving at an increasing rate.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so the relationship isn’t direct.
i am seeing and hearing instances of younger people not surviving at an increasing rate.
No not a direct realtionship. However more cases do mean more deaths coming. and as the young infect the older ones they come into contact with...
And more and more evidence is that over 40% of those who get covid and have symptoms have lingering symptoms for months afterwards. Maybe years or the rest of their lives in some cases? Too early to tell on how long the effects last though.

I expect Covid Lung to become a diagnosis next year....
ie lasting lung damage...

It is clear that covid attacks/damages far more of the body than the regular flu does.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No not a direct realtionship. However more cases do mean more deaths coming. and as the young infect the older ones they come into contact with...
And more and more evidence is that over 40% of those who get covid and have symptoms have lingering symptoms for months afterwards. Maybe years or the rest of their lives in some cases? Too early to tell on how long the effects last though.

I expect Covid Lung to become a diagnosis next year....
ie lasting lung damage...

It is clear that covid attacks/damages far more of the body than the regular flu does.

Exactly!
piece that still puzzles me is that there are still no percentages or accurate stats on how many cases are minor, major ... death.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Studies from instagram show that Covid 19 will mutate and cause the Zombie Apoclypse....

VU Sponsors