Become a Patron!

Crackle sound"Hello guys how do I build a coil alien like this quick popping sound 28*3 | 33*1

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Go to YouTube and watch some videos on how to hand-make aliens.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I understand you but my intention is to sound like crackling when I press the power button

Others may have different experience, but in my experience, that sound has more to do with the RDA than it does the coils. My Asmodus Galateks crackle like crazy, more so than any other RDAs I have. Yachtvape Meshlock RDAs crackle some as well.

Others may have different experience, but in my experience, that sound has more to do with the RDA than it does the coils. My Asmodus Galateks crackle like crazy, more so than any other RDAs I have. Yachtvape Meshlock RDAs crackle some as well.

I don't know if YouTube links are allowed here

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There are many variables involved in attaining the crackling sound.

1. RDA (company, style, airflow considerations, space of chamber)
2. Wicking (kind of wick, too much, enough, not enough)
3. Juice saturation (just enough, too much, not enough)
4. Airflow (too restricted, too open)
5. Batteries (size, company, age, voltage level)
6. Wattage (too high, too low, on the mark)
7. Your Altitude (too high, too low, on the mark)
8. Your Relative humidity (too high, too low, on the mark)
9. Your Barometric pressure (too high, too low, on the mark)
10. Coil size (wire gauge, inner diameter of coil, leg length)
11. Coil type (Claption, Alien, Plain, Twisted)
12. Coil material (N80, SS, Kanthal)

I could keep on listing a host of variables coming to play to attain that sound. These dozen are merely starting points. You can build similar coils and may, or may not get the sound.

Candidly I'd see if I get the cloud production / flavor production I desire. If I get those, or one of them I would be satisfied sound, or no sound. I do not intend to trivialize your desire to attain the sound.

Merely sharing that in my experience cloud and, or flavor production seem of more merit. Vaping is so highly subjective that sometimes there is no best way to help achieve a goal. And sometimes achieving one goal leads to other goals being set aside.

I apologize but in my experience this appears to be the reality of vaping. Apologies too if my post does not seem helpful.

ETA: I've been vaping for about five years in a variety of styles. This may or may not mean anything. In either case I can only share my experience and speculate. With vaping as subjective as it is I wish more could own up to that being all anyone can do.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow that's one thing I try to avoid. Crackling and popping of the coils when I vape. Crackling means your popping juice into your mouth when you goto inhale. The main reason I get popping is when I don't install enough rayon in the coil. It doesn't swell like cotton. Also high power on coils make them fire faster with the potential to crackle when fired or. That's not something that most vapers try to achieve. A lot of vapers including me get aggravated if the airflow is too loud. Let alone crackling of the coils.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. I will search for a result and then tell youView attachment 167064

Crank your wattage up, flood your coil with juice and it will snap, crackle and pop to your hearts content!

Right here in thread. All you need to do is read. Please do not complain though, if you also get a lot of hot juice spitting back into your mouth. That usually happens along with the popping and crackling. That's a trade off you'll need to accept. It's why I said I hope the best for you.

Apologies if this post reads as condescending. Not intending it read that way. My intention is to be as factual as able. Yes, vaping is subjective. There are facts those who have experiencing it learn though. One is that popping and crackling are not exactly positive things to strive for in vaping.

Some have tried explaining this for you. It seems you do not bother reading. Again, only stating what appears as fact. If you did read, you would have seen @Theboss' post revealed how you get popping & crackling. You replied back you'd search. If you need to search that implies you didn't find something.

Last edited:
Right here in thread. All you need to do is read. Please do not complain though, if you also get a lot of hot juice spitting back into your mouth. That usually happens along with the popping and crackling. That's a trade off you'll need to accept. It's why I said I hope the best for you.

Apologies if this post reads as condescending. Not intending it read that way. My intention is to be as factual as able. Yes, vaping is subjective. There are facts those who have experiencing it learn though. One is that popping and crackling are not exactly positive things to strive for in vaping.

Some have tried explaining this for you. It seems you do not bother reading. Again, only stating what appears as fact. If you did read, you would have seen @Theboss' post revealed how you get popping & crackling. You replied back you'd search. If you need to search that implies you didn't find something.
Well, I am not good at reading well. I use the damned translation I understand what you mean when the liquid is blowing into the mouth I like tha t:D

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Aside from the advice that I have given in my replies to you in the other two discussion threads, I'll only add that wicking it more lightly than normal, but not too lightly, is compulsory for getting loud crackling with 27/36 Ni80 aliens at 5 wraps 2.5mm ID dual coil on a single battery mech, and that you need to be careful to not overheat the battery, as .11 ohms on a single battery mech equipped with a fully charged Samsung 30T is drawing somewhere typically halfway in between 30 amps and 35 amps... just in case you didn't know that already.

Disclaimer :
This can also be done with reasonable safety on the Samsung 20S or the Sanyo 2070C, BUT... that's only if you know how to handle a mech. Neither a mech nor a regulated mod is "safe", and, reasonable safety greatly depends on the user of the mod knowing the risks, understanding the risks, accepting the risks and applying adequate precautions also including, but not limited to, a constant awareness level─and that in fact is regardless of whether the mod in question is a mech... albeit using a mech takes more advanced knowledge about battery safety. But then, some added risk also originates from the type of regulated mod users who insist that the fact a regulated mod has built-in safety features can be used for a pretext to sustain one's own personal belief that adequate knowledge of battery safety is not a necessary requirement for regulated mod users. With a mech, among other important stuff, you need to know how to make absolutely sure that the battery will not be getting scaldingly hot as a result from an accidental long button press (in your pocket or backpack or whatever) or as a result from the mech starting to autofire on you (in the possible event of the button getting stuck or whatever the reason might be) when you don't know how to safely disarm the mech in a timely fashion, promptly and without panicing, before it will be already too late.

Aside from the advice that I have given in my replies to you in the other two discussion threads, I'll only add that wicking it more lightly than normal, but not too lightly, is compulsory for getting loud crackling with 27/36 Ni80 aliens at 5 wraps 2.5mm ID dual coil on a single battery mech, and that you need to be careful to not overheat the battery, as .11 ohms on a single battery mech equipped with a fully charged Samsung 30T is drawing somewhere typically halfway in between 30 amps and 35 amps... just in case you didn't know that already.

Disclaimer :
This can also be done with reasonable safety on the Samsung 20S or the Sanyo 2070C, BUT... that's only if you know how to handle a mech. Neither a mech nor a regulated mod is "safe", and, reasonable safety greatly depends on the user of the mod knowing the risks, understanding the risks, accepting the risks and applying adequate precautions also including, but not limited to, a constant awareness level─and that in fact is regardless of whether the mod in question is a mech... albeit using a mech takes more advanced knowledge about battery safety. But then, some added risk also originates from the type of regulated mod users who insist that the fact a regulated mod has built-in safety features can be used for a pretext to sustain one's own personal belief that adequate knowledge of battery safety is not a necessary requirement for regulated mod users. With a mech, among other important stuff, you need to know how to make absolutely sure that the battery will not be getting scaldingly hot as a result from an accidental long button press (in your pocket or backpack or whatever) or as a result from the mech starting to autofire on you (in the possible event of the button getting stuck or whatever the reason might be) when you don't know how to safely disarm the mech in a timely fashion, promptly and without panicing, before it will be already too late.
I love it txh bro

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love it txh bro
Building Alien coils is a bit of an art and something usually reserved for people who have started off building Clapton's, etc. I'm not saying that someone new to making coils can't do it, but you might want to look at purchasing some Aliens.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Building Alien coils is a bit of an art and something usually reserved for people who have started off building Clapton's, etc. I'm not saying that someone new to making coils can't do it, but you might want to look at purchasing some Aliens.
It does require a little bit of dexterity, some dedication, and patience, but then... so does learning to fry an omelet or learning to ride a bicycle. You could call it an art or transform it into an art, and, once you get the hang of it, chances will be that you will view it more like a craftsmanship that is much less difficult than it initially appeared to be, as it is more about knowledge and about skill gained through practice and experience than it is about possessing actual real talent.

It does require a little bit of dexterity, some dedication, and patience, but then... so does learning to fry an omelet or learning to ride a bicycle. You could call it an art or transform it into an art, and, once you get the hang of it, chances will be that you will view it more like a craftsmanship that is much less difficult than it initially appeared to be, as it is more about knowledge and about skill gained through practice and experience than it is about possessing actual real talent.
Thanks for your nice advice

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You confused me, "Suppose I put the drill on the left side of my hand" and the swivel on the right side of my hand "I bring my hand a little closer to the side of the drill or the swivel
You bring your hand a little closer to the side of the swivel. (Measured on the side of the drill, the angle is a few degrees larger than 90 degrees as a result from this.)

VU Sponsors