Become a Patron!

Cranberry & Rhubarb...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's a different recipe for ya'll! Not your typical dessert vape. A Cranberry & Rhubarb dessert with a spoon of whipped cream. It's pretty much a shake and vape. LET ME KNOW, WHAT YOU THINK! Enjoy!

0.5% CAP Bavarian Cream
1.25% TFA Cranberry
0.5% INW Rhubarb
0.5% INW Strawberry Shisha
0.5% TFA Sweetener (Sucralose)
2.5% CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream

My mixes were 10PG/90VG and 20PG/80VG with 3 mg/ml Nicotine.

I added the CAP Bavarian Cream for more creaminess in the vape. The INW Strawberry Shisha for added sweetness and fruitiness.

EDIT: It's getting creamier (after 1 day), the fruits are more mellow. The power/temperature also makes a difference.

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Go Neuner!! I just got that rhubarb and I love it! Have not used it over .5%, but have a 3% batch of it standalone steeping.

Only have tfa & FA whip cream. Is caps a lot different or don't you know?

@caddisfly here's one fer ya 2 try out that Rhubarb I sent ya.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Go Neuner!! I just got that rhubarb and I love it! Have not used it over .5%, but have a 3% batch of it standalone steeping.

Only have tfa & FA whip cream. Is caps a lot different or don't you know?

@caddisfly here's one fer ya 2 try out that Rhubarb I sent ya.
I haven't used TFA, nor FA whipped cream.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, I'll just have to go into my lab and experiment.:bliss: I didn't think of trying cranberry with it. I love how are brains all think differently and thus so many more recipes to try. TY!!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I thought reading somewhere, that FA Whipped Cream is lacking the Vanilla. However, you might be able to use 2-2.5% FA Whipped Cream and 0.25-0.5% FA Vanilla Classic.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, I'll just have to go into my lab and experiment.:bliss: I didn't think of trying cranberry with it. I love how are brains all think differently and thus so many more recipes to try. TY!!
:idea: Your Rhubarb stand alone just gave me another idea for a recipe, I need to try.... See you in the Lab! :giggle:

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's a different recipe for ya'll! Not your typical dessert vape. A Cranberry & Rhubarb dessert with a spoon of whipped cream. It's pretty much a shake and vape. LET ME KNOW, WHAT YOU THINK! Enjoy!

0.5% CAP Bavarian Cream
1.25% TFA Cranberry
0.5% INW Rhubarb
0.5% INW Strawberry Shisha
0.5% TFA Sweetener (Sucralose)
2.5% CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream

My mixes were 10PG/90VG and 20PG/80VG with 3 mg/ml Nicotine.

I added the CAP Bavarian Cream for more creaminess in the vape. The INW Strawberry Shisha for added sweetness and fruitiness.
Thanks for sharing. Do you think that I can replace the TFA Cranberry with Caps? ...I have difficulty with the TFA's version, I really can't get past the smell. Every recipe that I have tried with it I've dumped down the sink, for some reason I reject it....its just plain nasty to me.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for sharing. Do you think that I can replace the TFA Cranberry with Caps? ...I have difficulty with the TFA's version, I really can't get past the smell. Every recipe that I have tried with it I've dumped down the sink, for some reason I reject it....its just plain nasty to me.
I'm not familiar with CAP Cranberry, but I don't see, why it shouldn't be possible to replace the TFA. The only thing is, you might have to adjust the percentage.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Lol, sorry but I hate both versions:headbang:.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What do you dislike, if I may ask? Just trying to learn!

Both were sour and dry tasting, but I've only tried them stand alone and suspect that may be why.
I see you've got some sweetener and other things in that recipe which probably help.
Rhubarb is probably a sour one too.
Probably just cause I don't like to eat Cranberries or Rhubarb either:(.
Keep thinking I wanna try something else with the Cranberry flavors but keep putting them off.
But then again I'm more partial to the sweeter/creamier flavors anyway.
Got a free sample of Sweet Cranberries from DIYFS, and they went a bit overboard with the sweetener.
But the Cranberry part isn't bad, I should probably try making some with a bit less sweetener.
One of these days, lol.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Both were sour and dry tasting, but I've only tried them stand alone and suspect that may be why.
I see you've got some sweetener and other things in that recipe which probably help.
Rhubarb is probably a sour one too.
Probably just cause I don't like to eat Cranberries or Rhubarb either:(.
Keep thinking I wanna try something else with the Cranberry flavors but keep putting them off.
But then again I'm more partial to the sweeter/creamier flavors anyway.
Got a free sample of Sweet Cranberries from DIYFS, and they went a bit overboard with the sweetener.
But the Cranberry part isn't bad, I should probably try making some with a bit less sweetener.
One of these days, lol.
Yes, both of the fruits are tart, but that's why I like it! :) As mentioned, it's different. Therefore, I'm expecting people not liking it.
Try it at a lower temperature. It'll give you more of the cream flavor.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Try it at a lower temperature. It'll give you more of the cream flavor.

Can't really go much lower than 7 watts, which is close to normal for me anyway.
Don't have any Rhubarb or Vanilla Whipped Cream.
Almost 400 flavors and still don't have everything:crazy:.
However I've just pulled out my mixing supplies again to play with my Cranberries;).
Maybe with some Vanilla & Cream & Sweetener as my mind draws a blank thinking of other flavors that might go well with Cranberry.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol, sorry but I hate both versions:headbang:.
I found out that Kaktus does the same for me too. I went and purchased HIC's Kaktus collection and tried numerous different recipes, some with just drops of it to no avail. All of it I poured down the sink too. It tasted like perfume in my mouth...just aweful! :blech:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Can't really go much lower than 7 watts, which is close to normal for me anyway.
However I've just pulled out my mixing supplies again to play with my Cranberries;).
Maybe with some Vanilla & Cream & Sweetener as my mind draws a blank thinking of other flavors that might go well with Cranberry.
Cranberry and Cherry go well together. I'm thinking FA Dark Cherry.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I found out that Kaktus does the same for me too. I went and purchased HIC's Kaktus collection and tried numerous different recipes, some with just drops of it to no avail. All of it I poured down the sink too. It tasted like perfume in my mouth...just aweful! :blech:
Did you get HIC's Kokopelli? I like them both, and they aren't tart. However, I used the Dark Cherry for the Kokopelli Cherry. IMO, that one is out of this world.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cranberry and Cherry go well together. I'm thinking FA Dark Cherry.

Cherry is another one I hate, although the FA Black Cherry is the only one that I can actually tolerate.
I made up some Cranberry Ice Cream but might have buried the Cranberry tho, lol.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I get the same thing with INW Kaktus.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did you get HIC's Kokopelli? I like them both, and they aren't tart. However, I used the Dark Cherry for the Kokopelli Cherry. IMO, that one is out of this world.
Nope, I haven't tried it, but I'm fixin on looking at it in a moment! Thanks for tip:blowkiss:

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope, I haven't tried it, but I'm fixin on looking at it in a moment! Thanks for tip:blowkiss:
I know that it's only $3, but I'm hesitant on purchasing it with the kaktus. I was left with a bad taste in my mouth with everything else with it in it. I will have to sleep on it :)

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I found a couple recipes with cranberries in it....maybe you can find some inspiration? :)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/142113...Type=recipe hub&referringPosition=carousel 03

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/14331/...erringId=1261&referringContentType=recipe hub

VU Sponsors