Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ever had these?

ARpUuSj.jpg

They're rich and decadent, a real treat! So once again I'm playing with a couple of flavors I haven't used much and decided to play with this one. I made it three weeks ago and it was "meh" at best. I happened to run across it on my desk last night and holy cow, it's awesome! Sooo close to being a spot on match to the candy!

Cranberry (DIYFS) - 1.5%
French Vanilla (DIYFS) - .75%
Dark Chocolate (FW) - 4%

I haven't tried any substitutions, these flavors seem to work so far. I find the cranberry from DIY Flavor Shack more tart than the one by TFA, that's why I like it. And DIY Flavor Shack French Vanilla is absolutely the best French Vanilla out there, imo. And Flavor West outdid themselves on the dark chocolate, I was surprised.
If anyone does try this with any substitutions, please let me know here how they turned out! :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just can't believe what a difference three weeks made, I almost dumped it....lol! But I'm really impressed with the FW dark chocolate. It even leaves that dark aftertaste on your tongue that real dark chocolate does. Gotta make a much bigger bottle, especially since I don't get anymore till February....HA!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds delicious! Does the FW dark chocolate burn at higher temps, do you know?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right now I have it in my TFV4 Mini at 82w and no burnt taste at all. That was another thing that surprised me about the FW chocolate.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Right now I have it in my TFV4 Mini at 82w and no burnt taste at all. That was another thing that surprised me about the FW chocolate.
Good to know! How about gunking up the coils? I did have the problem with TFA's chocolates. Therefore, I haven't used any chocolate flavors anymore.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just can't believe what a difference three weeks made

I wonder if it was good sooner than the 3 weeks that it sat. I don't have FW Dark Chocolate and of course I just placed an order last night so I'll pick some up next time. I don't normally like chocolate vapes, but I'll try it and I know a couple people that do like them.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if it was good sooner than the 3 weeks that it sat. I don't have FW Dark Chocolate and of course I just placed an order last night so I'll pick some up next time. I don't normally like chocolate vapes, but I'll try it and I know a couple people that do like them.
It very well could have been, just happened to rediscover it last night. When I make the next batch, I'll sample weekly to know for sure. ;)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to know! How about gunking up the coils? I did have the problem with TFA's chocolates. Therefore, I haven't used any chocolate flavors anymore.
I'm just on the second tank, but I'll post here if that happens.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please post how it turns out! I've never used FA White truffle, but I even thought about TFA white chocolate. I'd just never used the FW dark chocolate and wanted to put it in something, and these candies came to mind, I love 'em!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Chocolate covered Cherries comes to mind, if only to find a decent Cherry to use.
Or those Chocolate candies with the Orange Cream centers:D.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so I'm gonna try flv chocolate deutsch and flv cranberry with maybe some holy vanilla.
Okay, I definitely wanna hear about that! I was gonna try that chocolate till Nicotine River doubled their price on it. I don't have any Flavorah in my arsenal, but I do like that holy vanilla!

Sadly flv cd is the the only chocolate I can handle for more than one tank. There was an error on the flavorah site right before the new year, all their 15mls were $2.50 so I picked up a ton! I'm thinking the holy vanilla will work well. As for the flv cranberry, I've been waiting to try it in something richy.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wss expecting it to be some type of white chocolate, but I just looked it up and it looks like a nut? o_O

I googled white truffle.....first thing that popped up was this:

white truf·fle
noun
noun: white truffle; plural noun: white truffles; noun: Piedmont truffle; plural noun: Piedmont truffles
an underground fungus eaten in Europe as a delicacy

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In all fairness, some words do fail to cross the language barrier. In this country, truffle is candy. Leave it to Europe to mess up our yummy treats by calling it a fungus....LOL!

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ever had these?

ARpUuSj.jpg

They're rich and decadent, a real treat! So once again I'm playing with a couple of flavors I haven't used much and decided to play with this one. I made it three weeks ago and it was "meh" at best. I happened to run across it on my desk last night and holy cow, it's awesome! Sooo close to being a spot on match to the candy!

Cranberry (DIYFS) - 1.5%
Dark Chocolate (FW) - 4%

I haven't tried any substitutions, these flavors seem to work so far. I find the cranberry from DIY Flavor Shack more tart than the one by TFA, that's why I like it. And DIY Flavor Shack French Vanilla is absolutely the best French Vanilla out there, imo. And Flavor West outdid themselves on the dark chocolate, I was surprised.
If anyone does try this with any substitutions, please let me know here how they turned out! :)
Ok, I love this idea! I have yet to mix cranberry in anything and I only tfa and fw cran, tfa french v. and no dark chocolate, I am going to try this out--or something similar. I want to... I've been a lazy mixer lately. Terribly indecisive. But I've got to do something like this. My mouth is watering!

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep! They are rare and not easy to find, which makes them so expensive. I only know of it growing in France and Italy. They utilize dogs or even pigs to find those mushrooms.

And Oregon, of course, where they grow under Douglas Firs. Enterprising folks spend a wad of cash to have dogs trained to find 'em 'cause pigs won't fetch the newspaper. OK,that last part was a goof but the rest is f'reals! :)

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh m'gosh.....now I'm gonna be making a chocolate orange....mmmmm!!!!!
I have a chocolate Orange I made while back it was very good. I never listed it to sell for some reason I don't remember. lol But I used a Halo Belgian cocoa clone (perfect clone) and added Fa orange. If you want I will find the clone for you. 5% FA Cocoa 3% FA Chocolate dip the end of a toothpick in FA Dark Vapure and stir it in. That may even be too much. Percentage wise I'm guessing like 0.1%

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a chocolate Orange I made while back it was very good. I never listed it to sell for some reason I don't remember. lol But I used a Halo Belgian cocoa clone (perfect clone) and added Fa orange. If you want I will find the clone for you.
Yes, please! I've made a belgian cocoa clone, but don't know how accurate it is because I've never had Halo's. I did make a chocolate orange this morning based on the cranberry truffle, but won't know how good/bad it is for a few days.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, please! I've made a belgian cocoa clone, but don't know how accurate it is because I've never had Halo's. I did make a chocolate orange this morning based on the cranberry truffle, but won't know how good/bad it is for a few days.
5% FA Cocoa 3% FA Chocolate dip the end of a toothpick in FA Dark Vapure and stir it in. That may even be too much. Percentage wise I'm guessing like 0.1%... ON mine I cut my total % down to give it a little less strength.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the flavor's liquid dark?
The flavoring itself is dark, as you can see in the bottle on the right. But at 4% in the mix on the left, it's considerably lighter.

qkp2P1c.jpg

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ever had these?

ARpUuSj.jpg

Cranberry (DIYFS) - 1.5%
Dark Chocolate (FW) - 4%

I was just looking through my notes and found this:

HIC's Brookside recipe: like Brookside brand's Dark Chocolate Pomegranate candies)

2% FlavourArt Cocoa
2% FlavourArt Pomegranate
1% FlavourArt Vienna Cream

--a variation on the same idea, I thought. I've been meaning to make it for ages, but didn't have pomegranate for a long time, then I got side-tracked. It might be worth trying with Cranberry in place of the Pomegranate. Or *gasp* maybe even both!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just looking through my notes and found this:

HIC's Brookside recipe: like Brookside brand's Dark Chocolate Pomegranate candies)

2% FlavourArt Cocoa
2% FlavourArt Pomegranate
1% FlavourArt Vienna Cream

--a variation on the same idea, I thought. I've been meaning to make it for ages, but didn't have pomegranate for a long time, then I got side-tracked. It might be worth trying with Cranberry in place of the Pomegranate. Or *gasp* maybe even both!
Wow, never even saw that one.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think the FA Pomegranate is a nice flavor at 2-2.5% even as a stand alone.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, never even saw that one.

I think your FW Dark Chocolate would work better for it if it's as good as you say. I tried that recipe and the cocoa didn't work well in my opinion. It just didn't taste like dark chocolate. BTW....I love the Brookside Dark Chocolate Pomegranate candy :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They certainly sound good!

VU Sponsors