Become a Patron!

Creamy vanilla custard.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I have been toying with the grant's clone and came up with a really sweet creamy custard, percentages are a tid high but you could probably bring down the caps v1 if you want as some that have done the grants clone say 7% has been the same with a good steep.

I have also substituted the TFA vbic for the caps and it just didn't work the same.

Caps vanilla custard v1 12%
Caps butter cream 2%
TFA Dulche de leche 4%
TFA vanilla bean ice cream 3%
Sweetener 2%

Mixed at max vg with an evening in a crock pot next day it was really good, keeps getting better daily. Not sure how the caps would be with v2 but I'm sure it would still be good.

This would also benefit from a long steep with the caps vanilla but It has been wonderful in just a couple days.

I am far from a really good mixer so this is pretty simple and not very complex and I added to an already good easy mix, I usually don't post my stuff up but I feel this is a good one if you like creamy custards as much as I do.

Disco.

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have found that cap VC suffers a it from the crockpot, I would suggest trying time steeping it, it would probably be even better

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually keep my bigger batches on the shelf and let them sit but smaller batches I do a mild heat to get them to meld overnight to test the next day, I would imagine this one will really come alive with a good 2 week steep:)

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll be trying this once I get butter cream, thanks for posting

VU Sponsors