Become a Patron!

Cthulhu V2 Review

Nostradadus

Member For 4 Years
I have enjoyed my Cthulhu V1 quite much and have been eagerly awaiting a V2, seeing as how there are usually improved design features with all V2's. Here's a review on the V2, copied and pasted from FlavourChasers.com; thanks Ryan! (whoever you are....for posting thisCthulhu review)

The first Cthulhu RTA was one of the best on the market, tons of flavour and an easier build than most of the competition. Well the v2 is here and it’s a completely new beast! It’s time for an upgrade!

Cthulhu mod has done it again, they have designed an RTA like no other and it is much improved over the v1. Build quality is more refined (not that v1 was bad) and it’s unbelievable but the Flavour is better too!

It’s a complicated design for sure, it has a lot of parts and some we don’t find necessary. There is a little ring that secures your wicks and we find it actually hinders wicking, so we suggest not using it. The Juice Flow Control seems unnecessary as well, most of us use MaxVG juices and you will find that you need it wide open so it sort of defeats the purpose. It’s not that easy to spin either, it does have some of the cleanest nicest looking knurling we have ever seen but it’s hard to turn and it leaves a tiny gap (when full open or closed) making the appearance not as clean as it could be. It’s a tall atty and we think getting rid of the Juice Flow Control and shorter Top Fill cap could make this a much tighter device (this would shed somewhere around 20mm maybe more!).

We have noticed that if you over fill it will leak a little (just when filling) out the AFC, maybe closing the Juice Flow Control would eliminate this but it’s a lot of effort for a filling procedure. Top filling does work quite well though and the top threads are much improved from the v1. We found if you leave about 1-2mm of space before the metal top cap (basically right to the bottom of the o-ring) you get the best vacuum and no leaking.

Building is very easy thanks to the Velocity style build deck! This and the Steam Crave SC200 RDTA are the first to bring this innovation to RTAs, and it’s just awesome! It makes building and setting your coils a breeze. We have noticed that setting your wicks is a bit finicky, we found that making sure you don’t fill the wicking channels (so trim down your ends so it only fills the channels about 1/2 to 2/3) to full and ending you wicks where the wick ring would sit works best (again don’t bother with the wick ring). So what build should you use? We tried a few and found that 0.3 Ohm and above performs best. And not only that we get the best results from spaced coils, we really are beginning to believe you get the best flavour from spaced coils. So the best build we have found is a 26 ga, 2mm, 6 wrap spaced dual coil build coming in at 0.3 Ohms run at 55-60W is the build to beat. It gives you a warm, dry hit proof build that you can pull on as long as you like. Maybe thats it too, we like to pull for at 2-3 secs and some builds just can’t keep up.

Flavour is down right amazing. Rich and thick and you will be able to taste all the undertones in your juice. Build it right and you can run the thickest juices you can find. The juice capacity is great, 5ml and it last at least a couple of hours. So enjoy the flavour and performance of a sub-ohm Clearomizer without the juice sucking qualities.

Airflow us much improved, smoother and more versatile. Wide open it’s a lot more that the v1 and this allows for more vapor production too. But where Flavourchasing is concerned we find 1/3 to 1/4 open get you the best taste. This setting also aligns better with the internal airflow ports and gives a more satisfying hit in our opinion. The AFC ring could use a bit more resistance, it’s a little too loose (it doesn’t wobble) and hard to get at (thanks to the Juice Flow Control above it). It does seem to keep it’s setting though.

Overall it’s an awesome RTA and we totally think you need to grab one right away. We would give it a perfect rating if it was a tad smaller, lost the Juice Flow Control, and didn’t have so many pieces. We have to hand it to Cthulhu Mod for their engineering abilities. It has a ton of fresh thinking but it still needs a little ironing out, they may have done too much too fast. We worry that the many parts and slightly finicky build may scare some of you off. The goal now should be to take all this great thinking and make it a fool proof build every time (it currently isn’t for the novice, but maybe that’s not their target). If your willing to play with it, it will offer you a very good vape (not to say it’s that hard to get right).

Pros:
– Great Flavour
– Great Build Quality
– Improved Threads over v1
– Very Good Vapor Production
– 2 Build Decks (Single & Dual)
– Velocity style Build Deck
– Tons of Juice Capacity (5ml)
– Large Juice Channels
– Wide Open AFC
– Silky Smooth Airflow
– Easy Build
– Dual & Single Builds (Different Decks)
– Lasts along time between fills
– Tons of Spare Parts
– 2 Drip Tips
– Juice Flow Control
– Access to Build with Full Tank
– Top Filling
– Affordable Authentic

Cons:
– Can leak a little if over filled (when refilling only)
– Wicking is a bit finicky
– The AFC is a little loose (keeps it setting though)
– Lots of Pieces (a bit over engineered)
– Taller than it needs to be

Cost: Roughly $40

Overall Rating (1-10): 9

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Crius V3 Seems to be the Ironed Out version of the Cthulhu V2, Should give it a go..

Nostradadus

Member For 4 Years
The Crius V3 Seems to be the Ironed Out version of the Cthulhu V2, Should give it a go..

Where did you purchase your Crius V3?

I'm interested in the tank, but want to make sure I'm getting an authentic V3; been burned before with knockoffs!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Where did you purchase your Crius V3?

I'm interested in the tank, but want to make sure I'm getting an authentic V3; been burned before with knockoffs!
Wetvapes (Authentic) and I ordered one from Fasttech (Who Knows...) but its not here yet, the FT is the V3 even though its pictures dont exclusively show that it is. Its one of the best RTA's Ive purchased so far and I hope many more follow the Velocity deck route with some different airflow options.
I would like the new Herakles Plus Mash up with the Crius V3, that would be a nice setup IMO.

Nostradadus

Member For 4 Years
Wetvapes (Authentic) and I ordered one from Fasttech (Who Knows...) but its not here yet, the FT is the V3 even though its pictures dont exclusively show that it is. Its one of the best RTA's Ive purchased so far and I hope many more follow the Velocity deck route with some different airflow options.
I would like the new Herakles Plus Mash up with the Crius V3, that would be a nice setup IMO.

I usually wait a little while to read what people say about a new tank, but so far the Crius looks like a winner. Yes, the Cthulhu has some quirks like most tanks, but it's still one of my ADV tanks. The new tricoil deck set up they have out now looks to be promising. A builders fancy!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I usually wait a little while to read what people say about a new tank, but so far the Crius looks like a winner. Yes, the Cthulhu has some quirks like most tanks, but it's still one of my ADV tanks. The new tricoil deck set up they have out now looks to be promising. A builders fancy!
I wish someone would make a 28-30mm RTA that has the Crius v3 setup...So it would be a Velocity RDA with a Tank enclosing it-That my friend would be a builders dream, most of use use Parallel Boxes or Regulated Devices now so its not obnoxiously big anymore...

Nostradadus

Member For 4 Years
I wish someone would make a 28-30mm RTA that has the Crius v3 setup...So it would be a Velocity RDA with a Tank enclosing it-That my friend would be a builders dream, most of use use Parallel Boxes or Regulated Devices now so its not obnoxiously big anymore...

The Crius is a 22mm, correct? I can't seem to find notation on the diameter of this atomizer.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Crius is a 22mm, correct? I can't seem to find notation on the diameter of this atomizer.
Yes its 22mm
There is a Sale right now here for the Crius V3(Im buying a black version tonight): Click Me
Im not sure if the White version is the V3 so be weary if you choose it, Black and SS versions are the V3 with Velocity Deck

Nostradadus

Member For 4 Years
Yes its 22mm
There is a Sale right now here for the Crius V3(Im buying a black version tonight): Click Me
Im not sure if the White version is the V3 so be weary if you choose it, Black and SS versions are the V3 with Velocity Deck

Where is Cvapor located?.....and have you ordered from this company before? Just looking for a thumbs up on this vendor, if you know what I mean.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Where is Cvapor located?.....and have you ordered from this company before? Just looking for a thumbs up on this vendor, if you know what I mean.
They seem to be just fine, they are located in the USA and shipping time varies from 2-8 days shipped to delivered from what I see on the other thread of them.

VU Sponsors