Become a Patron!

Custard Citrus Cake

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hi all. Im loving this new simple, simple mix. I know @Smoky Blue that this was mixed before I payed attention to having Flavorah lower, but even like this its delicious and moreish! Im having trouble putting it down but will try another at lower % and if it is better then, well.... :D
Flavour Art Nonna Cake (wow what an awesome cake after a good steep!) @4%
Flavorah Custard @3%
Flavour Art Citrus @1%
Thats it. Citrus is just noticeable in it, I usually use it at 5%.
This is so good I ordered all of them again. ? :) :p
1 month steep.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Hi all. Im loving this new simple, simple mix. I know @Smoky Blue that this was mixed before I payed attention to having Flavorah lower, but even like this its delicious and moreish! Im having trouble putting it down but will try another at lower % and if it is better then, well.... :D
Flavour Art Nonna Cake (wow what an awesome cake after a good steep!) @4%
Flavorah Custard @3%
Flavour Art Citrus @1%
Thats it. Citrus is just noticeable in it, I usually use it at 5%.
This is so good I ordered all of them again. ? :) :p
1 month steep.

Those are still high, @Smigo still, if you are enjoying it, keep it going! :)

Next, I suggest either or both cake batter and pound cake (FLV) and you could add a touch of graham cracker. This will give it a more realistic cake taste like the cake edges have been cooked. It'd look something like this:

Citrus Soda .8%
Custard 1.4%
pound cake 1.2%
Graham cracker .6%

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Those are still high, @Smigo still, if you are enjoying it, keep it going! :)

Next, I suggest either or both cake batter and pound cake (FLV) and you could add a touch of graham cracker. This will give it a more realistic cake taste like the cake edges have been cooked. It'd look something like this:

Citrus Soda .8%
Custard 1.4%
pound cake 1.2%
Graham cracker .6%
Great, thanks for that next order ill get the citrus soda and graham cracker. Just got some stuff delivered today from a sale but unfortunately they dont stock FLV. The other crew I buy from that do will have a sale soon for sure, due to in the next 3 to 6 weeks for sure.
But yeah im going to do some mixing next week and try the custard lower like that 1.4% you showed there.
Thanks again. ?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Great, thanks for that next order ill get the citrus soda and graham cracker. Just got some stuff delivered today from a sale but unfortunately they dont stock FLV. The other crew I buy from that do will have a sale soon for sure, due to in the next 3 to 6 weeks for sure.
But yeah im going to do some mixing next week and try the custard lower like that 1.4% you showed there.
Thanks again. ?

Let me know what you think, Smigo.. it's one of the reasons I think solos are important.. from the lowest amount then move higher if you need it.. less flavor waste ;) :D main thing is to have fun and enjoy what you mix :)

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Let me know what you think, Smigo.. it's one of the reasons I think solos are important.. from the lowest amount then move higher if you need it.. less flavor waste ;) :D main thing is to have fun and enjoy what you mix :)
Cool, will do for sure. Going to do some mixing in a few days time. Cleaning some bottles tomorrow our Friday, let them air over the weekend then mix Monday. Im a lover of steeping so dont worry if you hear nothing about it for several weeks, I wont forget to tag you in when I try them. :) ?
Cheers and thanks again for taking your time to help. I appreciate it very much.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Cool, will do for sure. Going to do some mixing in a few days time. Cleaning some bottles tomorrow our Friday, let them air over the weekend then mix Monday. Im a lover of steeping so dont worry if you hear nothing about it for several weeks, I wont forget to tag you in when I try them. :) ?
Cheers and thanks again for taking your time to help. I appreciate it very much.

if it is an all FLV recipe.. you shouldn't have that long of a wait as the flavors pretty much lock in in 3 days and only get better in time :)

VU Sponsors