Become a Patron!

Custard Something

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So let me start off by saying I'm a huge fan of Game Over Custard by Mama J's. I happen to have almost 300ml in a deep steep stasis as I post this (5 weeks on some, 2.5 weeks on the other woot woot).

In the meantime I was really craving a home made custard so I whipped up the following. Now this is only has a 10 minute hot bath from the tap and and overnight with the cap off in my dark steep cabinet. I'm really digging it as a substitute for the Main Event as I like to call Game Over.

I type this as I rip on a full tank out of my Billow v2, dual nichrome80 with 6 wraps each on I believe a 3/32nd drill bit and cotton bacon v2 for wick, 0.29 ohms rocking 54.5w so ymmv.

Capella Vanilla Custard V1 (yes with the bad* stuff) - 8%
FlavourArt Vienna Cream 2%
FlavourArt Custard - 1%
FlavourArt Catalan Cream - 0.5%
FlavourArt Vanilla Classic - 0.5%
FlavourArt Fresh Cream - 0.5%
FlavourArt Vanilla Tahiti - 0.5%
FlavourArt Vanilla Bourbon - 0.25%
FlavourArt Cookie - 0.25%
FlavourArt Caramel - 0.25%
TFA/TPA Dulce De Leche (DDL) - 0.25%

Pretty pleased with this mix, its got a nice full tasty inhale and almost a little bit of bite on the end of the tongue at my preferred settings. Altho that could be the dab of whiskey I like to use to "clean my custard palate." lol

With some serious steep time this could turn out real nice, however I only made a 30ml to get me to my next Game Over cycle nawmean. :)

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty much destroyed the 30ml's I made of this in like a day and a half tops. Now I'm torn because it turned out better than I expected it to. The different creams and vanillas blended out nicely and the slight hint of caramel and ddl was nice on the exhale. I'm going to make this exact recipe again but in like a 250ml batch and see how it ages.

ziggzagg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds great. Gonna have to whip some up soon !! Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the sound of it and have all ingredients! Have to make it up after work... Thanks...
+1 also for game over custard

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapa Toe Pro

Heng

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Game over custard seems to have been sold out for as long as I've been looking :(

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How does this compare to your Golden Custard recipe (which I really enjoy)?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure how I missed this, but gonna have to try it out and see how it compares to Golden Custard which has become one of my all time favorite ADV's.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Loooooong steep is the key to this recipe. I actually havent made it for what looks like almost a year lol. Its good but not great would be my final thoughts on this one!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Loooooong steep is the key to this recipe. I actually havent made it for what looks like almost a year lol. Its good but not great would be my final thoughts on this one!
So you think your Golden Custard is better then? If so, I'll probably pass on trying this as I'm perfectly happy with Golden Custard and don't have all the ingredients to make this ATM.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Golden custard wins over this one tho imo, to actually answer the question :)
Thanks, 'cause I really like the GC! :D

So you think your Golden Custard is better then? If so, I'll probably pass on trying this as I'm perfectly happy with Golden Custard and don't have all the ingredients to make this ATM.
Same here. :wave:

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
deeks your recipes always kill me!
dont have vanilla bourbon or ddl (will have to order) but i mixed it anyway and added .75% inawera shisha vanilla and did a seperate 30mls of the same but added .5 fa coconut to it.
both taste great but will have to try original recipe when i get flavors.
thanks for the heads up! your recipes always become advs to me.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope to someday have time to work out a few new ones. I got some ideas in mind but having an infant sure put a hurting on my mixing hobby tho lol!

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I hope to someday have time to work out a few new ones. I got some ideas in mind but having an infant sure put a hurting on my mixing hobby tho lol!
i hear ya mine is 2 and a half. no time for anything.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors