Become a Patron!

Custom Single Coil on a Kamry 60?!?!?

DarthVaper89

Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, new vaper here, wondering if theres a solid sub ohm custom build I can run on a 60w regulated box. Not looking to do anything too nuts, just wondering if it's doable with that wattage. Any help is is greatly appreciated.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With the right wire gauge and build specs, you should be able to run down as low as 0.30Ω (or higher) at 60 watts.

Here is a mildly warm build using 24 gauge wire at 0.3Ω and the full 60 watts. Want it warmer... use thinner wire. At a slightly lower wattage and higher resistance, but still nicely warm... a 0.4Ω build using 26 gauge at 55 watts.

Click the sigline link below to learn more about the finer points of using Steam Engine to model builds before you build them.

DarthVaper89

Member For 4 Years
With the right wire gauge and build specs, you should be able to run down as low as 0.30Ω (or higher) at 60 watts.

Here is a mildly warm build using 24 gauge wire at 0.3Ω and the full 60 watts. Want it warmer... use thinner wire. At a slightly lower wattage and higher resistance, but still nicely warm... a 0.4Ω build using 26 gauge at 55 watts.

Click the sigline link below to learn more about the finer points of using Steam Engine to model builds before you build them.
any suggestions on an RDA? was looking at the Doge V2 because I'm a concern doge fan but if theres a better option I will sure be open to it. Much interest, such experience...wow

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There's a lot of good atty's out there these days my friend...are you going for flavor or clouds? If the answer is clouds that's probably a good one, as well as something like the Mutation X or the Dark Horse....no such thing as too many attys, but we have a good selection for sure...shop around...if you can get to a brick and mortar and hold a few in your hand and inspect them even better...just make sure you take your time and find the right fit for you :)

DarthVaper89

Member For 4 Years
There's a lot of good atty's out there these days my friend...are you going for flavor or clouds? If the answer is clouds that's probably a good one, as well as something like the Mutation X or the Dark Horse....no such thing as too many attys, but we have a good selection for sure...shop around...if you can get to a brick and mortar and hold a few in your hand and inspect them even better...just make sure you take your time and find the right fit for you :)
I was actually at a shop in Virginia beach this weekend and picked up the royal hunter and a doge clone. I didn't build the coil in the royal hunter but it's at .5 ohms and the one I did in the doge is .3. It's 24g kanthal with 6 wraps around a 1/8 inch drill bit. Tastes great blows pretty decent clouds but sucks down juice. Another question I have is what is a reliable mech mod. And what are like the top things to know about a mech before purchasing one
9d2da119e0449525c3a1e24f7054d486.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ha, a five wrap 24 gauge single parallel around a 1/8th inch drill bit is my go to setup...nicely done sir. First of all, when shopping for a mech you need to decide what kind you want...whether it be a single battery tube style or a dual or more battery box setup. Second of all if you have the money for clones or authentic. If you're going clone you want to try and stick with a reputible well known maker, google fu that shit and read as many reviews about the brand and model you want...cloners can get one mod perfect and the next one will be shit :)

Give me more of an idea of what you have in mind and maybe we can all put our heads together and help you come up with the perfect mod to suite your needs :)

DarthVaper89

Member For 4 Years
ha, a five wrap 24 gauge single parallel around a 1/8th inch drill bit is my go to setup...nicely done sir. First of all, when shopping for a mech you need to decide what kind you want...whether it be a single battery tube style or a dual or more battery box setup. Second of all if you have the money for clones or authentic. If you're going clone you want to try and stick with a reputible well known maker, google fu that shit and read as many reviews about the brand and model you want...cloners can get one mod perfect and the next one will be shit :)

Give me more of an idea of what you have in mind and maybe we can all put our heads together and help you come up with the perfect mod to suite your needs :)
The only reason I got the clone doge is because I love the meme and it was only ten bucks with a build in it. But when it comes to mechs I want something authentic then can go down to like .1ohms and single battery tube style (I am worried about battery life though) I want to have something picked out by July 17th as I'm going to a vape expo in New Jersey and hopin I can find some stuff for less than retail

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The only reason I got the clone doge is because I love the meme and it was only ten bucks with a build in it. But when it comes to mechs I want something authentic then can go down to like .1ohms and single battery tube style (I am worried about battery life though) I want to have something picked out by July 17th as I'm going to a vape expo in New Jersey and hopin I can find some stuff for less than retail

If you want to spend the money on an authentic that is your choice but there are good high quality clones out there too you can start on for far less money. as for building down to .10 on a single battery...I am going to highly advise you against that....even with a VTC 3 battery building that low is dangerous and a good way to get hurt....sure you can play the voltage drop factor but then you also have to play the battery stress factor and those are the kind of odds that vegas wouldn't touch. I can't recommend going below .2 on a single battery mech in good conscious or any other conscious for that matter...you can go down to .15 with a VTC 3 or 4 but that is pushing it to the absolute edge or barely being safe if being safe at all...

bottom line...if you're looking to go crazy low like that you want a good parallel dual or quad battery box...for your fingers sake

DarthVaper89

Member For 4 Years
If you want to spend the money on an authentic that is your choice but there are good high quality clones out there too you can start on for far less money. as for building down to .10 on a single battery...I am going to highly advise you against that....even with a VTC 3 battery building that low is dangerous and a good way to get hurt....sure you can play the voltage drop factor but then you also have to play the battery stress factor and those are the kind of odds that vegas wouldn't touch. I can't recommend going below .2 on a single battery mech in good conscious or any other conscious for that matter...you can go down to .15 with a VTC 3 or 4 but that is pushing it to the absolute edge or barely being safe if being safe at all...

bottom line...if you're looking to go crazy low like that you want a good parallel dual or quad battery box...for your fingers sake
Haha well these are the things I need to learn, so are there any tube type mods that run two batteries? If not whatever but the batteries are one thing i don't really know about. This why I'm asking and researching. And what happens that makes that unsafe? Do they just run hot or what?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haha well these are the things I need to learn, so are there any tube type mods that run two batteries? If not whatever but the batteries are one thing i don't really know about. This why I'm asking and researching. And what happens that makes that unsafe? Do they just run hot or what?

There have been "stacked" battery tube mods in the past, but generally they are rare, hard to get, and exspensive...I would get something like a copper nemesis made by Hcigar (it's got the lowest voltage drop of all my copper clone mods, it was even lower than my authentic black copper stingray,) for a first tube mech...they're cheap, easy to clean, and have the most features and bang for the buck...there are other companies that make them but out of the 6 nemesis clones I've had Hcigar made the best...like I said, with clone companies the quality of the clone is hit and miss...Hcigar makes an awesome copper Nemesis, but their brass Caravella I bought I thought was lacking in quality and felt cheap, you have to research your mod before you buy them. Anyways I am getting sidetracked.

If you want to build below .2 you're looking at getting a parallel type box mod with 2-4 batteries...it's still not really safe because if something goes wrong with the resistance that low you really don't have any time to react other than to chuck your mod and pray...but it's the safest you can get. You DO NOT have to build super super low to chuck clouds, that is a common misconception and it's one that really pisses me off...I can fog the room up with a .24 single parallel coil if i build it out of the right gauge wire with the right diameter and that is a build for flavor, the clouds are just a bonus...I can build for clouds too and blind the place with fog. Honestly...if you want to go the mech route we will get you educated and up and running safely but with mods like the Sigelei 150 or the IPV 3 I honestly think it's better to start out with one of those because it gives you more safety, and more options in your builds. With a mech you're limited to the raw output of your battery and have to build a couple with in certain perameters for it to work right...with a regulated mod you have the flexibility to build coils that could never work on a mech and just crack up the power and throw clouds with much higher resistances. Just my two cents on that.

When it comes to battery safety and mechs the importance of knowing it cannot be stressed enough. Basic understanding of ohm's law is also important and if you plan on using rebuildable gear and wrapping your own coils and ohms checker box or a good multimeter that goes two places out from the decimal is NOT an option...but a requirement. If you read a lot of my more recent posts I put the same links over and over in them for new vapors and I will include them here. Another member of the forum wrote an unofficial beginner's guide and I have two other threads I wrote long responses in addressing the basics of shopping for mods and attys, battery basics, building basics, and the importance of ohms law and safety. I also always link a website that is a ohm's law calculator and the steam engine coil building tool so you can see the theoretical results of a coil you would build and help you figure out how the build a coil and get the results you want out of it.

There are also many great youtube videos to help explain this stuff visually and there are keywords in the other posts you can search for on youtube to give you a visual aid to acompany what is written to help make it easier to understand. I know seems like a lot to learn and can be overwhelming but once you've got the basics and the important stuff it's really not hard at all...it's a lot of common sense. Any more questions I insist that you ask...even if I can't respond right away because I travel for work and don't always have my laptop and i have a dumb phone if I don't answer someone should...There are no stupid questions...only stupid reasons and excuses for not asking them. I hope this all helps and I wish you happy vaping and good luck on your search for a mod.

http://vapingunderground.com/ <----ohm's law calculator
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp <-----Steam engine coil building tool
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-sick-clouds-bro-thread-sticky-edition.78126/ <---unoffical beginner's guide
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/new-sort-of-to-vaping-and-want-huge-clouds.57203/#post-342138 <----my post in the middle about shopping and basic coil building and other things
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/looking-for-the-best-sub-tanks-and-rda.73126/#post-428210 <-----in my rant in this one I go off about batteries and the basics of battery safety and amp drain if i remember right.

Hope this helps....cheers :)

DarthVaper89

Member For 4 Years
There have been "stacked" battery tube mods in the past, but generally they are rare, hard to get, and exspensive...I would get something like a copper nemesis made by Hcigar (it's got the lowest voltage drop of all my copper clone mods, it was even lower than my authentic black copper stingray,) for a first tube mech...they're cheap, easy to clean, and have the most features and bang for the buck...there are other companies that make them but out of the 6 nemesis clones I've had Hcigar made the best...like I said, with clone companies the quality of the clone is hit and miss...Hcigar makes an awesome copper Nemesis, but their brass Caravella I bought I thought was lacking in quality and felt cheap, you have to research your mod before you buy them. Anyways I am getting sidetracked.

Well thanks for that man, I'll be sure to read up on all this. The support on this forum is great!!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well thanks for that man, I'll be sure to read up on all this. The support on this forum is great!!

I think I am going to stick my ass out and say that a lot of really try to do our best to help out our fellow vapors as well as the noobs....personally I would rather spend all night messaging back and forth with a new vapor willing to learn and listen to make sure that they not only have an idea of what stuff is, but how to use it safely so they can find the vape they need to stay away from tobacco and do it in a fun, enjoyable, and SAFE manor. For me, if I can help you do that and get you away from tobacco for good than all the time I spend here is more than worth it...I do my best to pay forward the help I got from those that came before me. :)

I'm just glad I can help :)

VU Sponsors