David Chase Reportedly Has 'No Interest' In Revisiting Sopranos

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The Sopranos creator David Chase apparently has no interest in returning to the hit crime series. During an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, producer Casey Bloys addressed rumors that a Sopranos prequel is in the works. And it’s not good news.

“You’re asking the question as if there is one in existence,” he laughed. “I don’t think David has any interest in revisiting The Sopranos. And I would agree with him. It’s a perfect series that I don’t think needs revisiting. But we’ll see what he wants to do next.”

But… that’s not what Warner Media said recently.

After the success of The Many Saints of Newark, the company was eager to dive into another series connected to The Sopranos. In fact, a prequel show was said to be in the works.

Unfortunately, it looks as though Warner Media may have jumped the gun.

“Series-wise, not that I’m talking to David about it,” he said. “I don’t know where they left off, whether there were going to be more movies or what, so to your larger question about a Sopranos series, there’s nothing there. And with The Many Saints, there hadn’t been any conversations about it.”

Despite earning just $11.4 million worldwide, The Many Saints of Newark reignited interest in The Sopranos, with new fans flocking to HBO Max to stream the 23-year-old show. Some of them presumably looking to see how the two projects are connected.

The Sopranos enjoyed a six-season run before its finale in 2007, ending with the show’s now-iconic fade to black.

But it looks as though producers aren’t rushing to reboot the show.

“Believe it or not, I don’t my spend time thinking about what shows to reboot,” explained Bloys. “We don’t spend our days thinking about what to reboot because it’s a tricky business bringing a show back.”

Although Bloys seems pretty certain, there could still be hope. After all, David Chase himself hasn't ruled it out. But it's certainly not sounding good.

If you're still feeling nostalgia for Tony Soprano and the family, check out our list of the 20 best Sopranos moments as well as all the shows headed to HBO Max in February 2022.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors