Deadmau5 Is Making a Music Experience Inside Another Game Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
EDM legend Deadmau5 has announced Oberhasli, a "virtual world and music experience" created inside game creation platform Core.

Announced during Gamescom's Opening Night Live, Oberhasli will arrive on October 14, and will be an evolving online space filled with music and games, curated by Deadmau5. It will open with a live performance from Deadmau5 and other artists. The idea behind Oberhasli is to create a musical space inside a game platform, but without the time-limited nature of virtual concerts like those held inside Fortnite.

“Creating a world like Oberhasli has been a vision of mine for years now, but I quickly discovered how daunting it can be to create a multiplayer experience as a solo developer. The amazing thing about Core is that anyone can jump in and create content regardless of experience or resources,” said Deadmau5 in a press release. “We’ve seen virtual concerts in the past, but after making a splash, they fizzle out; there’s no shelf life to them. With Oberhasli, I want to create a mainstay for the artists’ metaverse, regularly updating it over time, switching things up and keeping it cohesive with real-world news and ancillary events.”

Not unlike Roblox, Core has been designed more as a game creation platform than a game itself, allowing players to easily create and share games, as well as access those made by the rest of the community. Securing Deadmau5' involvement is a big move for Core alongside its huge competitors – and the musician actually used Core creations in a music video, 'When the Summer Dies' earlier this year.

Joe Skrebels is IGN's Executive Editor of News. Follow him on Twitter. Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected].

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors