Become a Patron!

Defiant Designs DS - Not Firing

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My DS won't fire. I checked the batteries on the charger and in other mods and the batteries are fine. I bought all new replacement components from Defiant Designs and replaced every single component in the mod from the button down to the negative contacts. I tested multiple tanks and then tested those tanks on other mods and they are all in good working order as well. I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong since in theory, the only potential issue should be that contact is not being made somewhere in the circuit or that something is interrupting the circuit and causing a short.

Any ideas?

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sup bro...u ever watch the makers vid? Take your contacts...light pass a nail file over them...also make sure the 510 is in right and making contact.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sup bro...u ever watch the makers vid? Take your contacts...light pass a nail file over them...also make sure the 510 is in right and making contact.

I have not. I will watch it now. Thanks man

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn Vu acting up..sorry for 3 xs

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fyi...the nail file trick..told to me by him personally

That was one of the things I did notice on the new positive contacts and the old ones. There are a few jagged edges and I am thinking that and maybe the 510 are the problems. I did buy a new replacement 510 housing, but that was the only thing I didn't replace. I'm going to sit down and have a look at it. It is clean, I cleaned it about 3 separate times trying to get the issue figured out.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Something to consider, if it's an adjustable 510 pin in the mod's connector, check it. Have noticed can drop the pin a bit on the SQ to let the RDA set closer to the mod. Take it down too far though, it will not fire. Not saying that's your specific issue but it might be that or similar.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Something to consider, if it's an adjustable 510 pin in the mod's connector, check it. Have noticed can drop the pin a bit on the SQ to let the RDA set closer to the mod. Take it down too far though, it will not fire. Not saying that's your specific issue but it might be that or similar.
Not adjustable at all

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing has worked. I even bought a brand new set of batteries to try and it still won't fire. I replaced the 510 housing and lightly filed the positive contacts. I can't figure out what the hell is wrong with it

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to reach out to Defiant Designs and hopefully get some help
So, he told me it was probably a cleaning issue, but I can't get this thing any cleaner than it is, so I don't understand how it could be that.

VU Sponsors