Become a Patron!

Desire designs Rage Mod software update

Please help. After a year I finally tracked down a desire rage from a shop in Canada and I finally received it. But it does not have the updated software for almost double the battery life and other things. This update used to be available at desire design website but their website no longer exist. I have personally messaged ohm boy himself on Instagram, Facebook, and emailed him and it seems he just doesn't want to respond but I need to find this software update somewhere or if someone who has a rage happens to still have the update file. If anyone can help please. I was even looking for the purple and red squonk bottles for this but the market has gone bare. Please if somebody has the update or has a way to find it I desperately desperately need it especially after a year long search for this mod.

Attachments

• USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1609955781942_6752643976023526985.jpeg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1609955781942_6752643976023526985.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 3

natebuchanan

Member For 4 Years
Fuck me! Never mind...this is for the Cut mod, not the Rage. I’ll keep looking...

This zip file is from a guy on the Planet of the Vapes forum, and I’ve included a pic of his instructions. Now then, let’s try this again...please let me know if this works!

Attachments

• desire-cut-firmware-flash.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
  • 0E815604-F926-465B-9C1C-F6290803BCC1.png
    0E815604-F926-465B-9C1C-F6290803BCC1.png
    512.2 KB · Views: 23

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
One of our members learned the hard way that the updates for the Cut and the Rage are not interchangeable. He killed his Desire Cut by updating it with Rage software. Apparently the Cut update wasn't even available then.

So did I and I so angry you would not believe, had this mod 4 years and someone advised i update the firmware on my Rage.. now its fked and I can't get another one anywhere...
Does anybody know how I can get the original or correct firmware for the Rage?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So did I and I so angry you would not believe, had this mod 4 years and someone advised i update the firmware on my Rage.. now its fked and I can't get another one anywhere...
Does anybody know how I can get the original or correct firmware for the Rage?

I think the problem that was resolved by one of the members here was the opposite from what you need. He fixed a Cut mod that had been updated with Rage software. No idea that we can help with Rage software, but @gsmit1 can tell you for sure. The other person involved in that situation no longer visits the forum.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the problem that was resolved by one of the members here was the opposite from what you need. He fixed a Cut mod that had been updated with Rage software. No idea that we can help with Rage software, but @gsmit1 can tell you for sure. The other person involved in that situation no longer visits the forum.
Not bad! :D

Good memory there lol.

Yes, that's exactly what it was. The file for the Cut is HERE

But I never did have the Rage file. However, as I recall, at the time Desire did have it on their site.

It looks Desire's site is down or something, but I was able to dig up the file elsewhere. It's easier if I just stick on my own server HERE
Their website must be down, I can't get into it either. I was having issues with my Rage the last two days here. Turns out some juice got onto the board and was causing the issues. Its all clean now, but I can't find the update software anywhere now. Do you know where I could find it?

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any help for the cut firmware appreciate a lot thank you🙏
Looks like both the zip file and instructions are here:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try

Try THIS
Sorry, I was having some problems with my server .

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Oops. That's what I get for beng in a hurry.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do know guys that the cut and the rage use different firmware. Make sure you're flashing for the right model because it will let you do it and the mod won't start if you flash the wrong one.

Reactions: Djo

VU Sponsors