Become a Patron!

Did you know your e-cig might explode? Here is how you can prevent it

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
About as much info on the realistic issues as buzzfeed....god help you when @5150sick or @pulsevape sees this...

Li-ion cell safety doesnt apply to only ecigs/vapers, its just as prevelant in any other electronic device using those same batteries. The only reason ecigs and dangers are news worthy are due to the controversy around vaping...you can find just as much if not more exploding samsung phones, hoverboards and laptop reports out there...you just need to search for them as they arent thrown into the skylights by the media.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most vape explosions aren't even vape explosions.
They are batterys in the pocket with keys and/or change explosions.
This power can be harnessed and used for good...
...For instance, like on Halloween... when it's taking too long to remove those
shiny aluminum wrappers from your candy...
Just toss an 18650 in the bowl and stir until you see the bright light... :)

Man, I really need a youtube channel...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nothing on this planet is idiot-proof. When you combine the number of idiots at large in the world, with high-amp batteries.... things are bound to get interesting. ;)

Andria

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure glad I vape. Right now I'm designing and building a lithium battery system for use in a customer's portable equipment. Having knowledge of lithium battery safety in regards to discharging and recharging will go a long way in making sure I design a safe piece of equipment. Some folks out there still think the world is flat!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tailored to the audience, someone that would be reading that does not know ohms law or much of anything battery safety or mod related past that thing is an electronic cigarette.
It covers the bare bones basics and they can dive into the rabit hole on the web if they want more.

Was it missing a ton of info, yeah, but that could take up enough pages to be a book. Not complete for sure and useless to most of us but we are a small majority of the public that might google "exploding electronic cigarette".

My 2 cents

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing on this planet is idiot-proof. When you combine the number of idiots at large in the world, with high-amp batteries.... things are bound to get interesting. ;)

Geez yer so jaded... :rolleyes:
If something truly idiot proof ever were invented, I have every faith
that our idiots would become stronger and more capable to overcome the challenge.

'Merca! :bliss:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did anyone look at what vapes they are pushing on that site?
Cigalikes esp V2, which they seem to rate #1.

Yep they would not like 18XXX batteries.
Perhaps a site owned by BT?

Just possibilities, no accusations.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Whole point of that post was getting views and subscriptions, as well as promoting their own products or products affiliated with, and as we can see it worked as intended, good job moving on.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Please delete the article as soon as possible. The information is incorrect and misleading.

Sorry, but we do not delete post here in the Underground.

But no worries, we all know that the article was an interesting mix of BS and advanced ignorance.

Sadly, we are quite used to seeing a lot more crap just like it.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, but we do not delete post here in the Underground.

But no worries, we all know that the article was an interesting mix of BS and advanced ignorance.

Sadly, we are quite used to seeing a lot more crap just like it.
I was only telling the OP to remove the article, not the forum post.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just the right mix of makeup and the RF from a Cell phone in close proximity can trigger the explosion.
And all this time the Cell phones have been getting blamed for it :rolleyes:
It just gets burned and charred from the makeup explosion.
It is a covergirlup conspiracy by those women in the pink cars!

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, when I was growing up, we learned how to make cigarettes explode.

Don't leave your stuff where others can mess with it. That's fairly basic. Then, don't leave it out in temperature extremes. If it's a mech mod, learn Ohm's Law.

Just as people minimized their risks by not asking me for cigarettes, minimize your risks by taking care of your stuff.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't leave your stuff where others can mess with it. That's fairly basic. Then, don't leave it out in temperature extremes. If it's a mech mod, learn Ohm's Law.

Just as people minimized their risks by not asking me for cigarettes, minimize your risks by taking care of your stuff.

*hears whining voice of today's generation* "Oh, you mean I have to be responsible? That's a big no way!"

Still recalling a conversation with a teacher in our schools. She said the teachers do attempt teaching children responsibility, choices, consequences. Then, she explained teachers were told by the county education board all that fell to the parents.

These are the same parents terrified of handing out discipline. Little Sally has got a cell phone after all. It only takes one reported allegation of child abuse. Yes there is a difference, a great wide chasm of it, between abuse & discipline. Does not matter in the slightest though.

These same parents though are also the same people that voted on having a Nanny State. Child Protective Services hears little Sally's call, the parents know it's over, CPS will take the kid/s. It's much the same today as it was in the time leading to the world wars with Nazi Germany. The State would take ownership of the children.

In all transparency, I do not have nor will I ever have human children. Bad enough someone was prick enough to have gotten some critter kids of ours taken from us. We got told we had been abusive, neglectful. Everyone else in our local area knew a lot better. We even got called "weird". Can you just imagine, us weird? *chuckles* Took that as high praise.

Someone was just being a prick to be a prick. Still think it was a ploy by them to get more land. *smh* My point beAs a Ludite way back when I tried telling them wheat thrashing machines were evil.ing, ... people now are not the stuff people were once made from. Excuse me, off to find sporks, rubber bands, silly putty, bread ties, a 9 volt, chewing gum wrappers, super glue, Comet.

[HASH=85556]#FuckVUBot![/HASH] / [HASH=106591]#GFY![/HASH] / [HASH=106592]#GUFY![/HASH] / [HASH=106593]#VAMB![/HASH]

Last edited:

VU Sponsors