Become a Patron!

Different firing button for the Nemesis?

Hi there!

I bought myself a Nemesis Clone a couple of months back.
I like it a lot, but I have one issue... The button. Yes, it's driving me crazy. I can't stand that I have to twist the locking ring like 20 times before I can set it on the table, very annoying.
I would like to just vape, then put it on the table without worrying that it will fire.

I'm just wondering if there is any other buttons out on the market for this mod?
I've seen a couple of other mech mods with the button on the inside of the tube, like this one.
Is there a button like that for the Nemesis?

Thank's in advance :)

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not that I've seen. Unless you have something outrageously heavy on it shouldn't fire when standing it on end. The ring is more for when you stick it in your pocket. My lock ring is 5 turns to lock or unlock and I can spin it with one finger. Are you using a flat top battery? 20 turns is a pretty large gap at the switch end. You might want to look into replacing the spring with some N50 grade magnets if yours is that weak. You can get them many places, Fatdaddyvapes.com sells them, I got mine here - http://www.supermagnetman.net/product_info.php?products_id=2813

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes there is a recessed button for the nemesis but it cost like $40 overpriced in my opinion. Wait for my blog post this Thursday it will show how to tweak the nemesis switch a bit. You can make the switch throw less then .5 mm and the lock should be less then a few turns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I've seen. Unless you have something outrageously heavy on it shouldn't fire when standing it on end. The ring is more for when you stick it in your pocket. My lock ring is 5 turns to lock or unlock and I can spin it with one finger. Are you using a flat top battery? 20 turns is a pretty large gap at the switch end. You might want to look into replacing the spring with some N50 grade magnets if yours is that weak. You can get them many places, Fatdaddyvapes.com sells them, I got mine here - http://www.supermagnetman.net/product_info.php?products_id=2813

Yes there is a recessed button for the nemesis but it cost like $40 overpriced in my opinion. Wait for my blog post this Thursday it will show how to tweak the nemesis switch a bit. You can make the switch throw less then .5 mm and the lock should be less then a few turns.

Thank you for quick reply!

It's not really 20 times, but It's more than 5 :oops: I'm running a Infinite CLT V3 on it. It's pretty heavy.

The $40 price tag for the SOV button was a bit too steep.

Do you guys think a set of magnets will make it stand without firing?

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i use the bigger magnets on some of my nemesis and in 18650 mode they aren't strong enough to hold it up. a stiff spring will hold it better. use a copper coax cable and strip the center conductor out and coil a spring. it should work for you.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use the N50's I linked to and there isn't a single topper I own that I can't stand it on the switch in 18650 mode without it firing. I use them on 3 Nemi's, stainless, brass and aluminum and none of them fire stood upright in 18650 mode.

I use the N50's I linked to and there isn't a single topper I own that I can't stand it on the switch in 18650 mode without it firing. I use them on 3 Nemi's, stainless, brass and aluminum and none of them fire stood upright in 18650 mode.
I kind of fixed it. I took the spring out and stretched it a bit. Now it works, but I think I'll order some of those magnets you were talking about.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Clean and lube the threads on the ring and the threads for the ring on the Nemi. I don't know the quality of the clone you got but you should be able to get the ring to spin freely if it's not too bad. I can usually lock or unlock mine with one or sometimes two swipes.

Clean and lube the threads on the ring and the threads for the ring on the Nemi. I don't know the quality of the clone you got but you should be able to get the ring to spin freely if it's not too bad. I can usually lock or unlock mine with one or sometimes two swipes.

Do you think these magnets will work okay?

Last edited:

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bad link, I cant tell. The trick is the grade of magnet. Be sure they are N50 (sometimes it will say MILSPEC but I've also seen weaker N40 labeled MILSPEC as well) which is the strongest magnetic grade for neodymium magnets. That will give you the strongest attractive/repulsive power.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes. N35 won't do the job with just two magnets. With the N50 two works fine. It never hurts to have spares. Rare earth magnets are relatively brittle. I dropped mine from chest height by missing my inside coat pocket and cracked one of the magnets. I didn't have to wait to fix it.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I see you're in Norway. My link is probably not a good choice for you. You might get by with N42 but I couldn't say for certain as the N50 are all I have used. A heavier spring would work as well of course.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors