Become a Patron!

Different Ohm readings from Meter to Mod

Due to the communist control recently put upon vapers I decided to start building my own coils..I Bought a couple of different RTA brands and gave it a shot. On the first two all went well. The third is a MTL RTA by Augvape...No matter what I do it doesn’t work. The weird thing and maybe somebody can help me is when I check the OHM on the meter it comes up as .8 which is what I’m going for. When I put it on the mod. It reads .3 and doesn’t fire. It fires fine on the meter at .8 Also when I switched it to two other mod models not one OHM reading is the same. I watched the tutorials over and over. I’m thinking this shouldn’t be so hard. Any advice?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I check the OHM on the meter it comes up as .8 which is what I’m going for. When I put it on the mod. It reads .3 and doesn’t fire.
Hi Stretch, and welcome to VU :cheers:

First thing that comes to mind is...is the RTA fully assembled when tested on both devices?

And, make sure the coil is well captured in the posts and that there's no stragglers of wire touching anywhere it shouldn't, or on the deck anywhere (from trimming).

VU Sponsors