Become a Patron!

Disappearing throat hit?

Ive been vaping for 2 years on an egostyle cig. I recently got a cool fire 4 with isub g tank. I wanted something more like a hookah. So when i start it up after not using it for hours i.e. in the morning... There is insane throat hit. Like un-vapeable. Its horrible. Then after 15 minutes of enduring, it is smooooth. Whats the deal? How can i get it to start without throat hit? Im looking for a smooth no throat hit experience with a slight nicotine buzz. I'm using 3mg nic juice 65vg/35pg blend. I drink water before and during vaping.i usually start @ 21W with a 0.5 ohm coil. I'm stumped...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Just a thought.

Perhaps after your throat has had a good night's sleep and in the morning it is just more sensitive to vaping.

Then after a few tokes, it adjust and is less sensitive?

Just a thought.

Perhaps after your throat has had a good night's sleep and in the morning it is just more sensitive to vaping.

Then after a few tokes, it adjust and is less sensitive?

It even happens if i vape in the morning then late at night. I guess it might just be sensitive. I dont know.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If not vaping for a while, such as right after waking up from sleeping all night, your throat will most likely be dryer then normal and is thus more sensitive to the effects of the vape. I've chatted with *many* people who notice this every morning, myself included. Simple solution is to swallow a sip of water right before taking a hit. The water moistens your throat and should drastically reduce the irritation. It will also happen when going all day without vaping. Just like getting into a cold swimming pool, your body will take a bit of time to adjust and 'get used to it'.

It can also be a simple case of your throat not being used to it completely yet. You did say it started when you got a new mod. Every time you upgrade to a more powerful device, it will take a bit of time for your throat to adjust to the change in vapor production and temperature. When I went from an ego to a nautilus tank, I had to get used to it. Same as when I upgraded to an Atlantis, and then got into RDAs, and even now when changing RDAs my throat has a bit of irritation at first if the RDAs are drastically different.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've always wondered if this has anything to do with the cilia. I know smoking this happens, it's why you start to cough after quitting, and it's why a few days/week off smoking and it's super harsh again, because they regrow. I have no idea if this has anything to do with what's being talked about as I understand the cilia aren't as much in the back of the throat but the lungs. Anyways I think the others are probably right in this case. Like taking a hot shower, or drinking a hot cup of tea, at first it may be rough but you get used to it quick. Even taking the first breath outside on a cold winter day, the first one hits you hard, but afterwards you're fine.

I just always wondered about the effects of vaping on the cilia as compared to smoking.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd venture to guess VG/PG have a negligible effect on cilia. There are literally toxins in cigarette smoke that disable/destroy the epithelial cells that make up your respiratory tract, that is what I'd speculate causes cilia damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors