Become a Patron!

DIY E-Juice member sub forums

Would you like to see diyers have their own sub forums?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
hey now that's a really good idea, and one i was also thinking. but then i thought where does having non vape related stuff stop. like there are other places on the net for that. but then i thought why not? it's a good idea. not sure how one would go about implementing it though... 10,000 sub forums or a blog feature built into a member's profile page? it doesn't by itself quite solve the 'too many chefs spoil the broth' conundrum, or does it..

What I would do with a VU blog:
My old blog at that other forum solved some problems for me: it was my easily-accessed reservoir of recipes and tips. It was quick for me to link to when someone asked, easy for me to keep updated. New members sometimes asked questions that required a long answer, so it was sort of an FAQ answer spot, too. It helped me be helpful. That's how I used a blog there and what I'd do with a VU blog. This way nobody would be subjected to me going "free range to reek [sic] my brand of havoc," (i.e., posting yet another recipe using FA flavors) unless they intentionally accessed my profile and blog.

Why I think VU blogs might not work well:
If recipes all end up in blogs, browsing new recipes would be a pain - especially for new members, who would have no clue where to look.
Given lack of censorship (I'm NOT arguing for more!) if others can respond to blogs, conflicts are just moved from threads to blogs; I don't see how it would reduce conflict at all. If others could not respond to a blog post, blogs could really turn ugly.

What I refuse to do:
I will not quit posting because someone is offended by the number of my posts, recipes, or my choice of ingredients.

My one subversive dig:
If unlimited alternate logins are fully sanctioned, I feel fully justified in calling out those who hide behind alts to abuse/mislead/lie or for financial gain.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I voted no when the thread started and didn't comment.

Sub forums and blogs won't stop those that consider themselves elite from arguing semantics, going out of their way to nit pick or abandoning commonly accepted facts when it doesn't fit their vendor preferences in the general forums.

Really. How full of oneself does a person need to be to hop into another persons thread to argue about the use of the word "layering" in DIY recipes?

Blogs and sub forums won't stop the self proclaimed DIY cops, IMO. But who knows. If the elites can have their own place in the heavens to show how mighty they are, they might be too busy to be telling the rest of us what "peppery" means.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Sub forums and blogs won't stop those that consider themselves elite from arguing semantics, going out of their way to nit pick or abandoning commonly accepted facts when it doesn't fit their vendor preferences in the general forums.

Really. How full of oneself does a person need to be to hop into another persons thread to argue about the use of the word "layering" in DIY recipes?

Blogs and sub forums won't stop the self proclaimed DIY cops, IMO. But who knows. If the elites can have their own place in the heavens to show how mighty they are, they might be too busy to be telling the rest of us what "peppery" means.

I have been here from the beginning and i am still trying to figure out who you are referring to when you bring up the word " Elites " .

I consider a handful of members here to have a lot more experience and they do tend to know more than others , their recipes have been exceedingly well accepted and appreciated by others and luckily for many of us , they are kind enough to share .

What i have not seen is these people say they are clearly better than others , put down others , and say only their flavoring preferences are acceptable . These people have always gone out of their way to answer my stupid questions , have never put me down for asking them and regularly encourage others.

I appreciate their expertise and find them of tremendous value to these forums . What is apparent to me is there seems to be a lot of people who complain and want to bring these very knowledgeable members down .

Why is this , not everybody has the know how and expertise as everybody else . Why is it necessary to call them "know it alls" , Elite snobs etc.. is beyond me . They never treated me that way , this just wreaks of jealousy to me .

Last edited:

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you have a problem with what I've said, please message me.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been here from the beginning and i am still trying to figure out who you are referring to when you bring up the word " Elites " .

I consider a handful of members here to have a lot more experience and they to tend to know more than others , their recipes have been exceedingly well accepted and appreciated by others and luckily for many of us , they are kind enough to share .

What i have not seen is these people say they are clearly better than others , put down others , and say only their flavoring preferences are acceptable . These people have always gone out of their way to answer my stupid questions , have never put me down for asking them and regularly encourage others.

I appreciate their expertise and find them of tremendous value to these forums . What is apparent to me is there seems to be a lot of people who complain and want to bring these very knowledgeable members down .

Why is this , not everybody has the know how and expertise as everybody else . Why is it necessary to call them "know it alls" , Elite snobs etc.. is beyond me . They never treated me that way , this just wreaks of jealousy to me .

I saw it before I ever posted on VU. I'm not sure what you think I'd be jealous of. The basics of DIY is very easy and my goal is not to create a masterpiece.

You'll find those that I call elites will post in one thread about cost comparisons between brands claim that cost doesn't matter and not answer the OP question but in another thread about a vendor claim the cost is too much. I don't call them elite because I think they are elite. I call them elite because they seem to think their opinions can change when they challenge other members without anybody noticing.

The elites in this thread http://vapingunderground.com/threads/lets-talk-about-flavor-values-in-ounces.37936/ didn't bother to answer the question but took time to argue about the question itself.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I saw it before I ever posted on VU. I'm not sure what you think I'd be jealous of. The basics of DIY is very easy and my goal is not to create a masterpiece.

You'll find those that I call elites will post in one thread about cost comparisons between brands claim that cost doesn't matter and not answer the OP question but in another thread about a vendor claim the cost is too much. I don't call them elite because I think they are elite. I call them elite because they seem to think their opinions can change when they challenge other members without anybody noticing.

The elites in this thread http://vapingunderground.com/threads/lets-talk-about-flavor-values-in-ounces.37936/ didn't bother to answer the question but took time to argue about the question itself.
Personally I find this to be a poor example. One person may like something like Caps Vanilla Custard at 2%, whereas the next may like it at 10%. To person A, this is a great value. To person B, they will find they are ordering more frequently, thus spending more money per ounce as person B. That's nothing but a matter of preference and what someone is willing to put into their own mixes.

I also noticed you posted nothing in that thread to offer your own assistance.

This thread, this sub-forum polls thread, imo has caused more arguement than most I've read here on VU. I don't have an opinion on sub-forums, so I didn't vote. I think a lot of interesting thought have been posted, but it only started out as a poll, people asked questions, then someone starts name calling turning this thread into a free for all.

It's becoming become ridiculous.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally I find this to be a poor example. One person may like something like Caps Vanilla Custard at 2%, whereas the next may like it at 10%. To person A, this is a great value. To person B, they will find they are ordering more frequently, thus spending more money per ounce as person B. That's nothing but a matter of preference and what someone is willing to put into their own mixes.

I also noticed you posted nothing in that thread to offer your own assistance.

This thread, this sub-forum polls thread, imo has caused more arguement than most I've read here on VU. I don't have an opinion on sub-forums, so I didn't vote. I think a lot of interesting thought have been posted, but it only started out as a poll, people asked questions, then someone starts name calling turning this thread into a free for all.

It's becoming become ridiculous.

I think it's a good example. Few people actually tried to answer the OP. The rest wanted to argue about it. They were not arguing percentages. They were arguing taste. An elitist position.

I didn't join the conversation at the time because I was trying to stay out of nit picking elite BS and thought it best just to keep mum. As you've noticed, when I do speak, I don't hold back. It turned out, I got tired of keeping shit to myself and knew full well the Club of Condescending DIY Elites would tag team me if I disagreed with one of them with their condescending comments.

I do notice a number of posts in this thread about multiple accounts that also have nothing to do with the OP but you didn't bother to call those out, did you? Why is that?

I fully agree with your last comment. It is ridiculous.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I did not like that this was allowed when i found out about it many months ago . Joe posted on his blog how great VU was and how his site is setting records regarding new member sign ups .

When he linked to a discussion board i felt it was only right to bring up the fact that this site allows members to create numerous identities and there is no possible way he can accurately claim how many members he REALLY has by allowing this .

It was apparent to me that allowing this but keeping it mum was going to be of great benefit to him and his site and imo thats the sole reason why it's still allowed .

It's dishonest, makes the site appear to have many more members than it actually does and gives members a much better chance to win something when entering contests . I say it's a bullshit practice any way you decide to look at it.

VH fan, my vaping brother, you raise a valid point/concern so please allow me to address it here.

First and foremost, I am not infallible.

Just ask Mrs. Uncle. Actually I would rather you not for the usual married guy reasons.

This may get a bit long winded but let me start out by saying this.

The Vaping Underground is not in any way, shape or form trying to artificially inflate the numbers of members by allowing multiple accounts under the same IP address or whatever it is called by people who understand the stuff. And if you got that impression I/We do apologize for that misunderstanding as that is precisely what it is.

As you are no doubt aware, most forums will automatically ban you (and your little dog too) for having more than one account set up under the same internet address.

And for good reason. Most people that do this are just up to no good and normally doing this just to increase their chances of winning contest or at worst just trying to cause trouble.

The Senior staff and the Admins do look out for this stuff and are very aware (alarms and stuff go off) of when someone is setting up multiple accounts.

And they can and will get the proverbial boot for that.

That being said, the Vaping Underground is not those other forums.

And unlike those "other" places will will make allowances on occasion for more than one account to be allowed on one IP address.

Case in point (and this just happened last night) I received a message from member asking if it was OK for his wife to open her own account and become a member in her own right using the same IP.

We mods had a nice little meeting (and by the way we do a lot of this behind the scenes) and decided it was quite OK.

And we will also allow vaping roommates the same privileges when and where needed.

And the powers that be here do watch these accounts to see that all is aboveboard and honest

And after I post this, I am going to send the member in question a PM and ask him and even his Mrs. to drop by and verify this account of what went on.

You are a indeed a very valued member and like I said you raised a valid concern with your statement.

And you deserved an honest and open response to those concerns!

I hope this has addressed and answered your concerns as well as those of other members that may have been wondering the same thing!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think it's a good example. Few people actually tried to answer the OP. The rest wanted to argue about it. They were not arguing percentages. They were arguing taste. An elitist position.

I didn't join the conversation at the time because I was trying to stay out of nit picking elite BS and thought it best just to keep mum. As you've noticed, when I do speak, I don't hold back. It turned out, I got tired of keeping shit to myself and knew full well the Club Condescending DIY Elites would tag team me if I disagreed with one of them with their condescending comments.

I do notice a number of posts in this thread about multiple accounts that also have nothing to do with the OP but you didn't bother to call those out, did you? Why is that?

Seems the ones stirring the pot the most, are the most vocal.

And I agree with what you said above.

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I did not like that this was allowed when i found out about it many months ago.....It's dishonest, makes the site appear to have many more members than it actually does and gives members a much better chance to win something when entering contests . I say it's a bullshit practice any way you decide to look at it.

......The Vaping Underground is not in any way, shape or form trying to artificially inflate the numbers of members by allowing multiple accounts under the same IP address or whatever it is called by people who understand the stuff. And if you got that impression I/We do apologize for that misunderstanding as that is precisely what it is....

Hi @VH fan .... I appreciate your concerns, and as @UncleRJ has stated....

Our point of view on accounts that share IPs is simple: We don't want to prevent vaping spouses or roommates from enjoying the forum, and we ferret out and deal with abusers on a case by case basis. If any member is concerned about abuse, filing a report about the offending member(s) ensures that it gets our attention in the most expedient manner.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I didn't join the conversation at the time because I was trying to stay out of nit picking elite BS and thought it best just to keep mum. As you've noticed, when I do speak, I don't hold back. It turned out, I got tired of keeping shit to myself and knew full well the Club Condescending DIY Elites would tag team me if I disagreed with one of them with their condescending comments.

You want me to explain why I didn't comment on something that has nothing to do with the post I was replying on? Oh, I see. In your mind that makes me an elitist for not calling out people that commented on a person making multiple accounts on a forum and the ridiculousness of making multiple accounts. You know what? I considered bringing that up, because it has everything to do with the OP. My thoughts on it further exacerbate the argument. In so doing, that only proves to you,in your own mind, that I'd be an elitist or an elitist supporter. Elitist is such an elitist word. Come up with something else.

Multiple accounts for one person is simply someone's inferiority complex created to stir up more problems to make it appear as though someone has support of another person that only exists in the mind of the creator. That's pretty sad, really. Kids have imaginary friends. If you, as an adult, have to create an imaginary profile to gain support, what is it you could be doing differently that could help you to feel less isolated? Less Sybil-like. Man, that's gotta be tough to keep up with and keep stories straight.

I happen to agree with the comments about multiple accounts is why I didn't comment on that. It's a waste of time and space and helps NO ONE. So, I've answered your question as to why I didn't initally approach that, wasting more space.

All of this could be forever debated. Is it actually adding to helping out new people? Likely, not. I'm glad this poll wasn't tossed out in the DIY section. It would freak the hell out of me as a new mixer.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also want to address the squabbling happening that is getting very noticed by all here, Once things get to the level they are approaching something needs to give.

Staff does not like to step in , but when voicing a personal opinion crosses the line to abusing other members without cause, we need to stop it.

Let us all take a minute and think about what your posting, and keep the arguing out of something that is supposed to be helping out fellow vapers.

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK, for those questioning this if you refer to #59 in this thread. I am the member that asked this question of the mods, my wife had an account setup BEFORE we even asked this of them and we wanted to verify if this was OK. I also went one step further in asking someone that was running a contest if they had issue with this. I was the only one entered into the contest and we settled this before my wife would try to enter the contests.

We where forward and upfront with this request, I also pointed out to the mods that we understood if they didn't want us to do this since we could see where people would try to cheat. We where also forward and upfront with the person running the contest and they had no issue with it also since we contacted them first and explained before entering the contest.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK, for those questioning this if you refer to #59 in this thread. I am the member that asked this question of the mods, my wife had an account setup BEFORE we even asked this of them and we wanted to verify if this was OK. I also went one step further in asking someone that was running a contest if they had issue with this. I was the only one entered into the contest and we settled this before my wife would try to enter the contests.

We where forward and upfront with this request, I also pointed out to the mods that we understood if they didn't want us to do this since we could see where people would try to cheat. We where also forward and upfront with the person running the contest and they had no issue with it also since we contacted them first and explained before entering the contest.
I personally have zero issue with this kind of situation. I appreciate where you're coming from. I also apologize if anything I posted made you feel the need to explain yourself. That was not at all my intention of "multiple accounts". More like, multiple personalities.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I think its just funny. maybe we should have a poll to see if we keep this going or forget about it lol. I like how time and free mind and tick dont just call people out and say names if you have a problem with someone. like I am now. I challenge you 3 to read post 1 through 11 in chronological order . then read post 12. and thats where the chaos begins but "we" myself included im sure "started this" and "always has something to say" this is dumb already. that dude over on ECF had a perfect signature . never argue with fools, onlookers may not know the difference. bout the size of this thread. anyone reading knows where the trouble started. have fun with this guys. unwatching this thread.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VH fan, my vaping brother, you raise a valid point/concern so please allow me to address it here.

First and foremost, I am not infallible.

Just ask Mrs. Uncle. Actually I would rather you not for the usual married guy reasons.

This may get a bit long winded but let me start out by saying this.

The Vaping Underground is not in any way, shape or form trying to artificially inflate the numbers of members by allowing multiple accounts under the same IP address or whatever it is called by people who understand the stuff. And if you got that impression I/We do apologize for that misunderstanding as that is precisely what it is.

As you are no doubt aware, most forums will automatically ban you (and your little dog too) for having more than one account set up under the same internet address.

And for good reason. Most people that do this are just up to no good and normally doing this just to increase their chances of winning contest or at worst just trying to cause trouble.

The Senior staff and the Admins do look out for this stuff and are very aware (alarms and stuff go off) of when someone is setting up multiple accounts.

And they can and will get the proverbial boot for that.

That being said, the Vaping Underground is not those other forums.

And unlike those "other" places will will make allowances on occasion for more than one account to be allowed on one IP address.

Case in point (and this just happened last night) I received a message from member asking if it was OK for his wife to open her own account and become a member in her own right using the same IP.

We mods had a nice little meeting (and by the way we do a lot of this behind the scenes) and decided it was quite OK.

And we will also allow vaping roommates the same privileges when and where needed.

And the powers that be here do watch these accounts to see that all is aboveboard and honest

And after I post this, I am going to send the member in question a PM and ask him and even his Mrs. to drop by and verify this account of what went on.

You are a indeed a very valued member and like I said you raised a valid concern with your statement.

And you deserved an honest and open response to those concerns!

I hope this has addressed and answered your concerns as well as those of other members that may have been wondering the same thing!

Wow, what an impressive post , did you really write this yourself RJ , i'm very very impressed and thats no joke .

Me a valued member ? C, mon RJ , all the mods are probably sitting around the board table at this very moment with one of them saying "so the votes unanimous then , banned for life it is" lol.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You want me to explain why I didn't comment on something that has nothing to do with the post I was replying on? Oh, I see. In your mind that makes me an elitist for not calling out people that commented on a person making multiple accounts on a forum and the ridiculousness of making multiple accounts. You know what? I considered bringing that up, because it has everything to do with the OP. My thoughts on it further exacerbate the argument. In so doing, that only proves to you,in your own mind, that I'd be an elitist or an elitist supporter. Elitist is such an elitist word. Come up with something else.

Multiple accounts for one person is simply someone's inferiority complex created to stir up more problems to make it appear as though someone has support of another person that only exists in the mind of the creator. That's pretty sad, really. Kids have imaginary friends. If you, as an adult, have to create an imaginary profile to gain support, what is it you could be doing differently that could help you to feel less isolated? Less Sybil-like. Man, that's gotta be tough to keep up with and keep stories straight.

I happen to agree with the comments about multiple accounts is why I didn't comment on that. It's a waste of time and space and helps NO ONE. So, I've answered your question as to why I didn't initally approach that, wasting more space.

All of this could be forever debated. Is it actually adding to helping out new people? Likely, not. I'm glad this poll wasn't tossed out in the DIY section. It would freak the hell out of me as a new mixer.

As I've said, I know you to be a sweet person.

I made one post in this thread, giving my 2 cents. I did not address anyone specifically. I did not seek you out. You replied to my post. I didn't reply to yours. Why can you have an opinion on the conflict on the forum but I can't? Why is your opinion just an opinion but mine is stirring the pot?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, what an impressive post , did you really write this yourself RJ , i'm very very impressed and thats no joke .

Me a valued member ? C, mon RJ , all the mods are probably sitting around the board table at this very moment with one of them saying "so the votes unanimous then , banned for life it is" lol.
LOL, nope not at all >wink<

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think its just funny. maybe we should have a poll to see if we keep this going or forget about it lol. I like how time and free mind and tick dont just call people out and say names if you have a problem with someone. like I am now. I challenge you 3 to read post 1 through 11 in chronological order . then read post 12. and thats where the chaos begins but "we" myself included im sure "started this" and "always has something to say" this is dumb already. that dude over on ECF had a perfect signature . never argue with fools, onlookers may not know the difference. bout the size of this thread. anyone reading knows where the trouble started. have fun with this guys. unwatching this thread.

I read post #1. It was explaining the poll under the premise of doing something that would help end some of the conflict in the threads. My post was #53. It had nothing to do with posts 2-52. It was my own opinion on the subject. That opinion was very simple. No, sub-forums and/or blog pages will not end the conflict. And I explained why I felt this way.

Is there a reason why my opinion on the subject is less valid than anyone else's?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
its not any less valid at all. what is invalid is 90% of everything else you said. elitist and DIY cops etc. who are you to say ? you bring up things im sure had to do with me and smoky and the price of things. why do you care what me and smoky were talking about. if your post 53 had nothing to do with the previous post are you saying you just go around acting like a jerk for no reason? why are you so upset ? is it because I didnt agree with what you said about nicotine that day ? why hold on to that . your "peppery" reference leads me to that conclusion. I still say how can you comment about 2 different products if you have only ever tried one. but my opinion is not valid even tho I have tried many different kinds of nicotine and can give a honest review on something. I dont understand that. everyone who knows me knows I am nothing but helpful and nothing but generous and I always say DIY your own way its your vape make it your way. but then if I say I prefer flavor art and vaperstek all of a sudden Im elitist . I could care less what everyone else vapes. that just leaves more of the stuff I like for me. its obvious a few of those digs were at me and instead of just saying wllmc is an ass because he also has an opinion you leave vague references about people . should we all get approval from you before we make a comment to make sure Time agrees ?

I didn't join the conversation at the time because I was trying to stay out of nit picking elite BS and thought it best just to keep mum. As you've noticed, when I do speak, I don't hold back. It turned out, I got tired of keeping shit to myself and knew full well the Club of Condescending DIY Elites would tag team me if I disagreed with one of them with their condescending comments.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What I find extraordinary is those newer members - who, incidentally, contribute little to the DIY forum - are able to sniff out controversy and jump in with 'opinions' that boil down to name calling. To comment nastily on a thread without even bothering to read the whole thing smacks of rabble-rousing. The vitriol that's come up in this thread is disturbing, and I would hate to lose our valued contributing members who have most certainly contributed everything to my DIY success and that of many others.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Truth be told, I actually did write that myself.

Well, for some of it anyway, I was holding my "Weenie" with one hand (my left one in fact so I could type with my right).

No joke sir and most definitely no ban hammer for you!

Yours was a totally valid statement/question and deserved an honest answer.

And to the best of my meager ability I gave you what was owed to you.

And to the other members of the Underground as well.

And just so you know, my "Weenie" is my mentally retarded cat.

I wanted to make that clear before anyone actually gets banned for speaking their minds on that particular subject.

Now that I have this moderator crap out of the way I can return to being just another VU member.

Which is what I like the best!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What I find extraordinary is those newer members - who, incidentally, contribute little to the DIY forum - are able to sniff out controversy and jump in with 'opinions' that boil down to name calling. To comment nastily on a thread without even bothering to read the whole thing smacks of rabble-rousing. The vitriol that's come up in this thread is disturbing, and I would hate to lose our valued contributing members who have most certainly contributed everything to my DIY success and that of many others.

Yup. I AM new. Nope I do not post is every thread. I DO read threads though, and I DO see the divide.

I DO see elitism and group mongering.

I can have an opinion and express it like anyone else. I am not running around all butt hurt because someone disagrees with me.

I DO NOT post my recipes in the DIY section, nor do I ask questions about DIY anymore. I did ONE thread, like Time pointed out. Everyone basically told me I was being a twit because what I wanted to know was UNIMPORTANT. Yet, as already pointed out, the leader of the entourage said something to the effect another companies flavors were overpriced.

I can and could see, it's not about helping people as much as it is growing a "group". Building a fanboy club.

SO, I will just ask those who HAVE helped me and are willing to help me, in PM. Then I don't have to put up with the drama that constantly ensues in the DIY section.

My opinion may NOT be popular, but it is mine and my own observation.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
its not any less valid at all. what is invalid is 90% of everything else you said. elitist and DIY cops etc. who are you to say ? you bring up things im sure had to do with me and smoky and the price of things. why do you care what me and smoky were talking about. if your post 53 had nothing to do with the previous post are you saying you just go around acting like a jerk for no reason? why are you so upset ? is it because I didnt agree with what you said about nicotine that day ? why hold on to that . your "peppery" reference leads me to that conclusion. I still say how can you comment about 2 different products if you have only ever tried one. but my opinion is not valid even tho I have tried many different kinds of nicotine and can give a honest review on something. I dont understand that. everyone who knows me knows I am nothing but helpful and nothing but generous and I always say DIY your own way its your vape make it your way. but then if I say I prefer flavor art and vaperstek all of a sudden Im elitist . I could care less what everyone else vapes. that just leaves more of the stuff I like for me. its obvious a few of those digs were at me and instead of just saying wllmc is an ass because he also has an opinion you leave vague references about people . should we all get approval from you before we make a comment to make sure Time agrees ?

All right. Here we go.

I never called you out specifically because I don't believe you are an elitist. I don't think that at all. You are making assumptions.

So, I can tell you exactly what I think of @wllmc . I think you are a pretty cool and sincere person. You want to be helpful and are. I think you are a bit over loyal to your favorite vendor but that's a different subject.

I think Rocketpuppy, Amanda and HIC are elitists. You wanted names. I also think your loyalty will cause you to defend them.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Actually We were all saying how much we like you and how you had a fellow moderators back in an earlier post.
Also I mentioned how you often catch my posts and comment in the news and media section.:)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
edit: ignore

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Actually We were all saying how much we like you and how you had a fellow moderators back in an earlier post.
Also I mentioned how you often catch my posts and comment in the news and media section.:)

While I will not disagree with the above statement (and I do in fact support it and the sentiment behind it) I still wrote the thing with the help of my EVER FAITHFUL WEENIE KITTY!

And I am pretty much just posting this to piss of my vaping brother Mr. Sick:D

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think Rocketpuppy, Amanda and HIC are elitists. You wanted names. I also think your loyalty will cause you to defend them.

Staff does not like to step in , but when voicing a personal opinion crosses the line to abusing other members without cause, we need to stop it.

Let us all take a minute and think about what your posting, and keep the arguing out of something that is supposed to be helping out fellow vapers.

I apologized to you in a pm. I questioned two words. That is not a reason to call me or anyone out publicly.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't found that these three people exhibit elitist tendencies. If being helpful to others, enjoying what you do and being decent individuals makes one elitist then count me in too.

elitist Translate Button
[ih-lee-tist ey-lee‐]
adjective
(of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society:
elitist country clubbers who have theirs and don't care about anybody else.

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I apologized to you in a pm. I questioned two words. That is not a reason to call me or anyone out publicly.

You did, and I'm sorry I named anyone but apparently half the people in the thread think I'm talking about them.

I think it sucks us newbs are getting drug into someone else crap. I figure if I'm gonna have to leave anyway, I might as well speak up. I was having a ball until all the Smoky bashing started.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You did, and I'm sorry I named anyone but apparently half the people in the thread think I'm talking about them.

I think it sucks us newbs are getting drug into someone else crap. I figure if I'm gonna have to leave anyway, I might as well speak up. I was having a ball until all the Smoky bashing started.
Don't worry about it and move on, sometimes it's hard not to get caught up in silly stuff, happens to me all the time. Just enjoy your self, learn all you can, keep mixing and keep vaping.
As long as you are vaping you are not smoking. That's the bottom line.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You didn't get dragged in, you jumped in head first. You made assumptions about us (and a whole lot else) that you might have reconsidered had you had a history with us or perhaps lurked a little first.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't found that these three people exhibit elitist tendencies. If being helpful to others, enjoying what you do and being decent individuals makes one elitist then count me in too.

elitist Translate Button
[ih-lee-tist ey-lee‐]
adjective
(of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society:
elitist country clubbers who have theirs and don't care about anybody else.

Yep. The below post is a perfect example of an elitist by your posted definition.

Apparently, us newer members don't know enough to have an opinion.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You didn't get dragged in, you jumped in head first. You made assumptions about us (and a whole lot else) that you might have reconsidered had you had a history with us or perhaps lurked a little first.

I've read every post in the DIY section, including sub forums.

And I'll add that I did get drug in when long time DIY's pull their recipes and quit posting because they got tired of the constant bitch fight. It affects me and every other new DIY'er.

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Truth be told, I actually did write that myself.

Well, for some of it anyway, I was holding my "Weenie" with one hand (my left one in fact so I could type with my right).

No joke sir and most definitely no ban hammer for you!

Yours was a totally valid statement/question and deserved an honest answer.

And to the best of my meager ability I gave you what was owed to you.

And to the other members of the Underground as well.

And just so you know, my "Weenie" is my mentally retarded cat.

I wanted to make that clear before anyone actually gets banned for speaking their minds on that particular subject.

Now that I have this moderator crap out of the way I can return to being just another VU member.

Which is what I like the best!

Then you should ask for a raise , or at the very least ask to start getting paid , that post should not be free of charge , it takes effort and skill to come up with something like that .

Whats even more astonishing to me is that you were able to work on your unit with your left hand while typing with your right which takes immense skill . Very well done Sir and congratulations on a stellar post .

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you to everyone for your enthusiastic input into this thread.
I will bring closure to this thread now. Approx double voted for sub forums in the poll.

As we can see, diying e-juice is clearly a passionate pursuit and long may it continue.

It has shown there are good reasons for both having and not having individual sub forums. This thread was borne out of the wishes of many to curb the arguing amongst chefs. However as we can see the thread itself soon brought up many other grips such as multiple accounts.

Having re-read through the thread and followed various links and also links from them it's also shown the Internet allows some people to misinterpret freedom of speech for rudeness - a trait of the few looked down upon by the many - and quite right too.

HIC raised an interesting point concerning personal blogs. However, I still feel I'd like the owners of vapingunderground to consider the idea and address any ramifications of it's possible implementation so as to make it possible.

To sum up, the world is not perfect. no one is. We will never see the perfect 'anything'. People will get broken items, bad tasting flavours, they will say the wrong things, mods will miss it from time to time, tempters will get heated and so on. So accept it and move on. The world will continue to spin regardless. But take a minute to think before you go on the rampage. Just because someone gets it wrong - give them a break. You may need one too one day. That will at least separate the truly dedicated from the plain and simple troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors