Become a Patron!

DIYFS FLAVORS

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question regarding DIYFS Flavors.
Never mixed with them before and don't see many people talk about them.
I received 6 flavors from them today.
A R Wildberry
Berry jubilee
Strawberry
Watermelon
Strawberry grenade
Swamp thang

On the bottles, they each say reccomended mixing amount as 10-12 mls per 60ml

That seems wrong to me.
Seems high. Most flavors I use now I don't mix higher than 3%
Anyone here use much of their flavors from DIYflavorshack?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've only used a couple of flavors from them, Marshmallow and Murph Berries, but both of those flavors have some substance to them. The Marshmallow I wouldn't use at more than 1%, and Murph Berries at no more than 2% in a mix.

I'd start low, if I were deciding. Berry flavors and watermelon all have the potential to totally overpower a mix. I think for standalone testers, I'd start at no more than 2.5 to 3%.

ETA: I've used their Two Apples flavor too. Forgot. That's another one that tops out for me at about 2% in a mix.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The swamp thang smells really good.
Their website says it's green apple, blue raspberry and nectarine. I hope it tastes as good as it sounds.
I mixed a 20ml tester of it at 2% with a little koolada.

Mixed a 10ml tester of the strawberry grenade at 2%as well, that's supposed to be strawberry lemonade. I added some watermelon and koolada.

I dont have much to compare the DIYflavorshack flavors against tho, since I'm new to all this mixing.

I guess if it tastes good to me that's all that matters.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yup, it just has to taste good to you. Bump the % if it's too wimpy.

The swamp thang does sound good, sounds even better with koolada.

I just got some WS-23 yesterday (another cooling agent). Hope to try it soon, if I ever have the need to mix more juice. The stuff is everywhere.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just checked and I never saw that on them before but that is like 20% which is really high for my liking. I checked one of my recipes and it is as low as 5%. remember you can always add more flavor but can't remove it only make it a bigger batch.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, it just has to taste good to you. Bump the % if it's too wimpy.

The swamp thang does sound good, sounds even better with koolada.

I just got some WS-23 yesterday (another cooling agent). Hope to try it soon, if I ever have the need to mix more juice. The stuff is everywhere.

Ws-23 is on my list for when I run out of koolada. I think that's what wildgypsy70 used in the juices she was making for me. The regular koolada i have doesn't quite feel the same.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought 60ml of Holy Vanilla right before they reformulated. It's a pretty good vanilla flavor but also spicy. I got Holy RY4 while I was there and it's really good. Really nice dark caramel flavor with just a bit of tobacco leaf type flavor. They threw in a sample of Holy Po-Po. It's a strawberry donut flavor and it's pretty nice. It's tinted a little red.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven’t used any of their solo flavors....only the one shot types(Holy Grail RY4 and Vanilla, Mr. Goodstuff, Cafe Napoleon, Gooey Butter Cake and a few others). They do tend to run a little on the high side for me. But, as usual, everyone’s correct. Start low....you can always add, if it’s not flavorful enough for ya. Have fun! I hope they’re good!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ws-23 is on my list for when I run out of koolada. I think that's what wildgypsy70 used in the juices she was making for me. The regular koolada i have doesn't quite feel the same.

Yessssss. Ws-23. Clean and cold.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I mixed a couple tests and liked them both.
The swamp thang is really good. Mixed at 16% with 1% koolada. Holy crap, it's good. They sent that as a freebie.

The strawberry grenade is really good at 7% mixed with 2.5%of the diyfs watermelon and some koolada.

VU Sponsors