Become a Patron!

Do these batteries look real?

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just bought some LG HG2s and not sure if they're real. According to some comments on other forums the white spacer on top should be textured. This is almost paper like and shiny. I don't have too many sources here to buy from. IIve attached the pic of the batteries.

Attachments

• 1517733089390260584928.jpg
    1517733089390260584928.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 21

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just bought my VOOPOO Drag yesterday. Used it a few times but didn't actually charge it so it was about 30% charged. And I usually don't go below .4 ohms. But still don't wanna risk it. I'm leaning more towards the fake side. In the local market people keep pushing AWT batteries but I'm assuming because of profit margins.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I just bought some LG HG2s and not sure if they're real. According to some comments on other forums the white spacer on top should be textured. This is almost paper like and shiny. I don't have too many sources here to buy from. IIve attached the pic of the batteries.
Where are you located at? That might help giving you the proper resources, on where to get your supplies from. Who knows, you might find people here on VU, that are living (at least) close to your location.

Anyway, with a regulated mod, you're on the safer side. Therefore, no matter what battery you're utilizing, as long as the mod doesn't heat up extremely, you should be fine.

Last edited:

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm in Dubai. So technically even if its rewrapped or counterfeit, I don't need to worry much? Even if I go up to 65W? WHich I know its not high but if I can't really rely on the quality, then it could make a difference.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm in Dubai. So technically even if its rewrapped or counterfeit, I don't need to worry much? Even if I go up to 65W? WHich I know its not high but if I can't really rely on the quality, then it could make a difference.
The advantage of a good regulated mod, it protects the user. Therefore, you shouldn't worry too much! The main thing to pay attention to is the heat of your mod, while using it. If it does heat up a lot, the batter(y/ies) are over drained to their limit. That should be the signal, for getting better batteries from a reputable dealer.

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just realized something. I removed the sticker on top and noticed both lines written on the wrapper are exactly the same. Should they be same or different? I know the top should be the same because its the model but should the second line be same or different?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Just realized something. I removed the sticker on top and noticed both lines written on the wrapper are exactly the same. Should they be same or different? I know the top should be the same because its the model but should the second line be same or different?
If you check the link below, this is what the packaging looked like. Individual paper cartons per battery

http://thebrokesmoker.com/batteries-chargers/332-lg-hg2-18650-battery-by-lg.html
Take a look at the link, that @Huckleberried provided, regarding to recognize the difference between the real, and fake!
As mentioned, pay attention to the heat of your mod during usage! Otherwise, you are safe!

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I checked it earlier. It doesn't mention about the outer marking information. Its funny the large companies have not implemented anti-counterfeit markings or other methods of brand protection

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

There is more counterfeit shit blowing through this country than sand. Some of the vendors here don't care and some do. The best one I've found is https://www.vapegasim.com/ but like all the rest you'll pay a premium for stuff. I've spoken with the owner a few times and he knows what he's doing and I trust that he would not knowingly sell counterfeit items. That being said, it's hard to detect counterfeit batteries . You can get by with lots of counterfeit things but batteries are the one thing that could fuck up your day but good, not to mention your face. Don't be penny wise and dollar foolish and buy batteries that are questionable. The things are so cheap to begin with that it blows my mind that people skimp on them.

You can get them from trusted sources in the US for half of what they charge here. You'll have to pay for courier shipping so that'll raise the price quite a bit but if you buy 5-6 pairs you'll be good for the next two years. And you won't have to worry about setting your car or house on fire, not to mention your face.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I checked it earlier. It doesn't mention about the outer marking information. Its funny the large companies have not implemented anti-counterfeit markings or other methods of brand protection
I have several LG HG2 batteries, that I bought from two different, but reliable vendors! Some had the silver sticker on it, others didn't. However, according to my charger's test mode, they confirm to the specifications.

Those large companies don't care about counterfeit, they make enough money to not care about it. In addition, they never have considered that their batteries will be utilized for vaping.

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol so I guess I just answered my own question. Noticed a few issues on the box they came in. Extremely horrible spelling

Attachments

• 15177697772791568522369.jpg
    15177697772791568522369.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 9

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I attached a picture with my reply. I would assume LG wouldn't have made this type of spelling mistake. Must definitely be counterfeit

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The good battery manufacturers do not promote the use of their batteries in Vape equipment.
The last VTC5A's I got say not to use outside of battery pack on them.
I think most HG2 also say that now.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The good battery manufacturers do not promote the use of their batteries in Vape equipment.
The last VTC5A's I got say not to use outside of battery pack on them.
I think most HG2 also say that now.
Both my older and the newer VTC5A batteries have the same warning text:

VTC5A.jpg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The good LI battery makers do not recommend unprotected LI batteries for regular use.
And they mark none of their cells for vape use.
Some have even quit selling cells to vape companies.
I think most vape suppliers get their LI cells thru re-sellers not direct from the manufacturer.
You never know what is in a rewrap.

VU Sponsors