Become a Patron!

Do you Vape on the Beach?

avaper2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just wondering if any of you had any problems vaping on the beach. Such as corrosion or switch problems.
I'm not planning on dropping my mod in the sand but you never know.... and that salty air is hazardous. Thoughts...?

When go to the beach or other similar activities, I just bring a semi-disposable rig that I won't fret over if it's lost or destroyed. A beat up K100 mech and an cheap tank (protank with rebuilt head) works great. I try to use something that is pretty well sealed to keep out dirt and keep an old carto condom on the tip when not in use. Shiny, high end devices are nice and all but sometimes a beater is indispensable.

Was at the beach this past weekend, Grabbed my mod out of pocket in beach bag and proceeded to drop it in the sand. Not what I planned on doing but you never know. Just bring something you wont mind dropping and getting full of sand. No matter how hard you try, you WILL get sand in it at some point.

Spydrummer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sand!

If you keep it in your pocket and never sit- peaches. If you do anything else you are going to do some sort of damage. Sand will scratch your finishes. Salt water is deadly for any electronics, and things get lost on beaches.

For me the beach is the same as airport security-

Ego twist & protank/ nautilus.

Leave everything else somewhere safe.

jmaulvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would take my Maraxxus clone and my Kayfun clone with stainless steel tank. They are nearly indestructible as long as you don't get them wet.

jbennett925

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i do i went the other day.... took my copper king clone with stillare... didnt drop it in the sand when i wasnt in the water it was in my wifes bag...i still came home and gave it a bath

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No problems at the beach with the provari. Although I'm very aware of of which way the wind is blowing and how much
ocean mist is present. If sand gets in just unscrew battery cap and blow out.

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh man I'm going to the outer banks tomorrow. I never even ran this through my mind. Thank you for bringing this up. Man I gotta think about this now

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to Daytona Beach in a few weeks and have been wondering what mod to use on the beach with a kayfun, either a mechanical or a dna30. Which would probably be the most trouble?

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would take both to the house and only the mech to the beach. Mech doesn't have any boards or anything inside to corrode.

claviger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I live about 50 feet from the pacific in hawaii. The salt air has done exactly..

nothing.

VU Sponsors