Doctors suspect vaping behind dozens of lung illnesses in U.S.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Nah, I laugh at him if he gets such a lungful of vapor that it chokes him up. :teehee: Or if I blow one of my little "wisps" at him and he then INUNDATES me with vapor while hollering CLOUDZ BRO! :giggle: I'm just glad he finally laid off those damned clove cigars. Burnt tobacco stinks and the smell of a dentist's office on top of it doesn't improve it one iota! But my biggest relief is that getting back to vape-only instead of dual-use has pretty much eliminated his bronchitis cough. He vapes a LOT more flavors than I do; he's got about 20 store-bought bottles that he got when the local shop he prefers had a close-out sale on a whole bunch of brands, scoring about 20 30ml bottles for like $15. He also knows how to make my strawberry & cream recipe, though he prefers it in a much earlier iteration when it was about 27% flavoring -- I'm down to about 21.5% now.

They must have gotten a lot more extreme with their tootling since I left there in 2016. They used to be a pretty laid back bunch, but hey, all the cool people left there and came here. ;)

Andria
They’re very clique-y tootlers! Your son sounds pretty funny, but he is your son after all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Like I already said previously, nothing's wrong with being a tootle puffer. But if the 'stealthy' part also implies that some certain tootle puffing person is actually trying to downplay the severity of the upcoming ban on high powered devices whilst at the same time also is trying to wean newcomes off high wattage (i.e. by making false claims from the likes of "it's nothing more than just wasting extra battery power and juice so not worth it", and presenting them as facts), then TBH that's when all the alarm bells should start sounding off. If you haven't already seen THOSE kinds of hypocrites rallying up, then you haven't been to ECF. Here on the VU, that never happens AFAIK. Or at least they don't arrive in bunches rallying up. Compared to the VU, ECF looks like one giant tootle puffing establishment. There, I said it. :cheers:
I hate to say it but you’re right about ECF. The tootling ones there are also using Deeming to justify their vaping style afaik. I was at ECF for a while and it was no fun, as Iggy says.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
By the time the FDA and CDC gets around to making an announcement that store bought nicotine eliquid has nothing to do with this the damage will already be done.

Even then they won't even let eliquid fully off the hook.
They'll probably admit that it's badly mixed/cut street drug carts that's making people sick and then say some bullshit like "... BUT no eiliquid is 100% safe."

Asshole tobacco controllers will add "vaping causes lung disease" to the list of bullshit they spew like:
"there is anti freeze in there" and "we don't know what's in them"

https://vapingscout.com/vaping-news...als-finally-focus-fake-thc-carts-amid-crisis/

The media is doing what the FDA and CDC should be doing.

I don't know which is worse, Smokers seeing bullshit government announcements and not making the switch to vaping or teens who think it's just "vaping" that's making people sick so they can continue to buy those cool drug carts from their dealer.:facepalm:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
By the time the FDA and CDC gets around to making an announcement that store bought nicotine eliquid has nothing to do with this the damage will already be done.

Even then they won't even let eliquid fully off the hook.
They'll probably admit that it's badly mixed/cut street drug carts that's making people sick and then say some bullshit like "... BUT no eiliquid is 100% safe."

Asshole tobacco controllers will add "vaping causes lung disease" to the list of bullshit they spew like:
"there is anti freeze in there" and "we don't know what's in them"

https://vapingscout.com/vaping-news...als-finally-focus-fake-thc-carts-amid-crisis/

The media is doing what the FDA and CDC should be doing.

I don't know which is worse, Smokers seeing bullshit government announcements and not making the switch to vaping or teens who think it's just "vaping" that's making people sick so they can continue to buy those cool drug carts from their dealer.:facepalm:

Brilliant article. Finally someone focuses on what’s really relevant in all of this. :cheers:

So smokers won’t touch vaping since juice is poisonous, and kids will vape whatever in carts since it’s not nic juice and therefore okay. Oh what a tangled web, FDA!
Sorry if I paraphrased you, but this shit is getting crazy in its hypocrisy. :smh: Even if I write it out, it’s insane. All for our protection from the dangers of vaping! Wow.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Here's the CDC report with excellent annotations

https://via.hypothes.is/https://eme...n00421.asp#annotations:7NLjBM2pEemGSgvxdhq8Iw

if you click on: show all notations they show up.

View attachment 145395

they are even trying to conflate DIY eliquid with illegal counterfeit street drug carts.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
I really did hit myself on the head reading that!! :eek:uch: Sometimes the lies simply amaze me. It’s nice being tarred with the same brush as kids getting high, when we’re all just vaping nic!
I don’t appreciate it at all.
Thanks for the article! I’ll have to have coffee before reading annotations.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping since 2013, and have been active on many vaping forum during the entire time......and in that time I have never seen or heard of anything like these sudden complications from vaping...,something stinks here ....it isn't vaping nicotine that is causing this.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've been vaping since 2013, and have been active on many vaping forum during the entire time......and in that time I have never seen or heard of anything like these sudden complications from vaping...,something stinks here ....it isn't vaping nicotine that is causing this.
They were basically vaping black market stuff in carts. It benefits them as kids to say that they were “vaping”, implying nic juice vaping not THC stuff. There’s one article here where the writer actually says that it wasn’t regular/DIY nic juice that they were using. The CDC and FDA have the ability to test what these kids were using, but instead they’re making false judgments about the toxicity of eliquids and vaping. Goes right along with the popcorn lung bs and every other negative story about vaping.
I can’t believe it either, but with Deeming coming up, it makes sense that the govt would want a scandal like this. Jmho.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We've had like 3 busts of drugs coming in from mexico and one via mexico from China with enough feynital to kill millions of people .....and the CDC and congress are blowing smoke up our asses about vaping......

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
everyone in the vaping community is...jumping to the conclusion that these bacterial lung infections are from bad/spoiled thc/cbd carts...which is fine.
quite possible.
but no one is contemplating the possibility these infections might be from juice that were high VG based juices.
vaping with little to no PG...is a bad idea.
VG doesnt have any anti-pathogen properties to it. unlike the PG that have high anti-pathogen properties.
vape too much VG with too little PG, during an extremely hot and humid summer...
like this one...
and who knows. maybe the conditions for a bacterial growth inside lungs will be just right.
it has been, a very hot and humid summer if you havent noticed.
the vapig community keeps assuming the bacteria was already in the oils.
hmm.
maybe not. maybe the VG was just fine and the appearance of the bacterial growth happened inside the lungs post inhalation.
and the VG just didnt have the necessary PG to prohibit bacterial growth.
who knows.
maybe this one particular summer a combination of things happened.
extremely hot humid summer.
people vaping too high VG/ too little PG juice
and plant spores in the air with bacterial growth floating in the air.
having all that VG grease, on your lungs. no PG to sanitize it, some plant spores or pollen with bacterial infection floating in the air...
the conditions are ripe for disaster.
its quite possible.
because cannabis oil. whether thc or cbd, have terpenes in them.
some but not all terpenes have antibacterial properties.
its why for the most part adding PG to cannabis oil isnt really necessary since certain terpenes will protect the oil from bacterial infection.
for example beta caryophyllene found in cannabis oil is a known anti-bacterial terpene.
which is why im starting to have my doubts about "spoiled" or "bad" carts.
people have been spreading rumors and misinformation about cannabis oil for years now.
but i, having studied herbology for quite a while now, have my own doubts about everyone in the vape community coming to a conclusion that its not vaping but thc/cbd carts and not nic vape.
mmmmm. i dont know.
because i do know thc/cbd carts whether legit or black market...i do know they all have terpenes in them and its a little hard to believe that theres gonna be bacterial growth when i know that cannabis has anti-bacterial terpenes in the oil.
the VG on the other hand.
does not.
if you dont insert enough PG or some antibacterial substance along with the VG.
the VG has no protection from harboring bacterial growth.
just my 2 cents.

edit:
we also dont know if the new "nic salt" fad isnt the cuplrit here.
meaning. we dont know if the addition of this nicotine with a benzoic acid attached to it affects PG properties. who knows if the addition of benzoic acid to the juice nullifies the antibacterial properties of PG or not.
thats also a possibility.

one thing that IS for sure.
all these bacterial infections across the country happened.
during the heat of this extremely humid hot summer.
its not a coincidence these cases happened during one of the hottest most humid summers in years.
the unfortunate circumstance is we dont know the exact products used by these people interstate to find the correlation between them, to find the culprit of the bacterial infections.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
We've had like 3 busts of drugs coming in from mexico and one via mexico from China with enough feynital to kill millions of people .....and the CDC and congress are blowing smoke up our asses about vaping......
But apparently they don’t mind people being addicted to opioids or other drugs. Vaping is another story since it allowed all of us to quit smoking. And not pay tax on cigs anymore.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
everyone in the vaping community is...jumping to the conclusion that these bacterial lung infections are from bad/spoiled thc/cbd carts...which is fine.
quite possible.
but no one is contemplating the possibility these infections might be from juice that were high VG based juices.
VG doesnt have any anti-pathogen properties to it. unlike the PG that have high anti-pathogen properties.
vape too much VG with too little PG, during an extremely hot and humid summer...
like this one...
and who knows. maybe the conditions for a bacterial growth inside lungs will be just right.
hmm.
maybe not. maybe the VG was just fine and the appearance of the bacterial growth happened inside the lungs post inhalation.
who knows.
having all that VG grease, on your lungs. no PG to sanitize it, some plant spores or pollen with bacterial infection floating in the air...
its quite possible.
its why for the most part adding PG to cannabis oil isnt really necessary since certain terpenes will protect the oil from bacterial infection.
for example beta caryophyllene found in cannabis oil is a known anti-bacterial terpene.
people have been spreading rumors and misinformation about cannabis oil for years now.
but i, having studied herbology for quite a while now, have my own doubts about everyone in the vape community coming to a conclusion that its not vaping but thc/cbd carts and not nic vape.
mmmmm. i dont know.
because i do know thc/cbd carts whether legit or black market...i do know they all have terpenes in them and its a little hard to believe that theres gonna be bacterial growth when i know that cannabis has anti-bacterial terpenes in the oil.
does not.
just my 2 cents.
people have been cloud chasing for a long time ...and we never saw anything like this before. and I also find unusual that almost all of these people are very young people..there are a ton of older cloud chasers and we don't see them dropping like flies...and because most of them are older and ex-smokers with decades of lung damage behind them it would be far more likely for them to be susceptible to lung infections.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
quite possible.
like this one...
hmm.
who knows.
its quite possible.
mmmmm. i dont know.
does not.
just my 2 cents.
It’s a possibility. Never thought about PG that way. We don’t know however how black market or home made cannabis juice or oils (for carts or not) are made. Nor do we know how fake Juuls are made. But a very valid point on your part, imho. Never considered the dangers of VG like that!

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
people have been cloud chasing for a long time ...and we never saw anything like this before. and I also find unusual that almost all of these people are very young people..there are a ton of older cloud chasers and we don't see them dropping like flies...and because most of them are older and ex-smokers with decades of lung damage behind them it would be far more likely for them to be susceptible to lung infections.
i know they have.
but again.
its all happening during this particular summer.
and it has been very hot and humid this summer.
and who knows. maybe this particular summer theres been pollen/spores with bacteria on them unlike previous summers.
also, we all know kids have a lol, tendency of overdoing it.
like smoking vaping and drinking alcohol.
kids go to spring break, get so smashed with alcohol they get alcohol poisoning from overdoing it.
older folks dont.
us geezers dont "chug chug chug woot woot" like kids.
im not sure every single kid is lying to the press about what they were vaping. possible. but also possibly not lying.
perhaps overdoing it on the vaping, because they dont know better about not overdoing it just like alcohol...and covering their lungs with much too much VG during a very hot humid summer which is perfect conditions for bacteria.
we just dont know

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
quite possible.
like this one...
hmm.
who knows.
its quite possible.
mmmmm. i dont know.
does not.
just my 2 cents.

edit:
meaning. we dont know if the addition of this nicotine with a benzoic acid attached to it affects PG properties. who knows if the addition of benzoic acid to the juice nullifies the antibacterial properties of PG or not.

its not a coincidence these cases happened during one of the hottest most humid summers in years.
the unfortunate circumstance is we dont know the exact products used by these people interstate to find the correlation between them, to find the culprit of the bacterial infections.
We don’t know what they were using, even though these agencies could easily have access to their gear and whatever they vaped. BA could be a culprit in this, since salts are relatively new. But they have admitted that most of these kids were vaping some kind of cannabis related stuff. Normally it’s beneficial, but the weather in addition to it’s possibly not being sanitary could be to blame. People have a right to know, instead of them blaming “ecigs”.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I remember in 2013 when I started seeing Max VG juice being sold. Like Cosmic Fog, I think, and other brands. I agree, older folks would probably be susceptible, as well. And it’s been a long enough time for something to show up like that.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! Don't you?
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A moron (who shall go nameless) on Quora today asked this question, and I replied:

"Should vaping be banned until we can figure out what caused the mysterious 215 life-threatening illnesses that happened recently?"

My reply:
That would be like banning cars because some people are too irresponsible to drive them safely.

Banning sex because of STDs.

Banning grocery stores because of the obesity epidemic.

Banning air because it’s polluted.

Banning water because that shit can drown you!

Here’s a big ol facepalm in your general direction.

My answer has gotten a couple of upvotes so far, but then a comment from a total imbecile saying that "asthmatics shouldn't vape." :facepalm: I asked him if he thought I should just have remained a smoker, since it's SOOOOOO good for asthma! :facepalm: He said no, I shouldn't do either, i should just use mints or lollipops. I have to wonder why his keeper is letting him on the internet without supervision, because it's very clear he doesn't have a single functional brain cell!
facepalmsohard.jpg

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
A moron (who shall go nameless) on Quora today asked this question, and I replied:

"Should vaping be banned until we can figure out what caused the mysterious 215 life-threatening illnesses that happened recently?"

My reply:
That would be like banning cars because some people are too irresponsible to drive them safely.

Banning sex because of STDs.

Banning grocery stores because of the obesity epidemic.

Banning air because it’s polluted.

Banning water because that shit can drown you!

Here’s a big ol facepalm in your general direction.

My answer has gotten a couple of upvotes so far, but then a comment from a total imbecile saying that "asthmatics shouldn't vape." :facepalm: I asked him if he thought I should just have remained a smoker, since it's SOOOOOO good for asthma! :facepalm: He said no, I shouldn't do either, i should just use mints or lollipops. I have to wonder why his keeper is letting him on the internet without supervision, because it's very clear he doesn't have a single functional brain cell!
View attachment 145457

Andria
Like someone said, “weapons grade face palm!”

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I guess the CDC finally is admitting what we knew almost three weeks ago.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-thc-e-cigarettes-sold-off-street/2164188001/
Finally! Shit, I’ve been having coughing and choking because of PG, as far as I can tell. I vaped new brands of juice that weren’t all VG and it hit me after a week or two. I switched to Max VG (organic Palm or just AVG) and immediately I feel better.
I was almost starting to wonder, though!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finally! Shit, I’ve been having coughing and choking because of PG, as far as I can tell. I vaped new brands of juice that weren’t all VG and it hit me after a week or two. I switched to Max VG (organic Palm or just AVG) and immediately I feel better.
I was almost starting to wonder, though!

My son reacts to PG exactly that way. It's just a REALLY INDIVIDUAL tolerance or lack thereof, with both PG and VG. But I don't think I've yet run into anyone who was intolerant of BOTH -- it seems to always be one or the other.

And yeah, RE: your earlier reply -- he is a HOOT AND A HALF -- he's made me laugh almost since the day he was born. With a single goofy look he can render me ROFL. :giggle: He's my "book club" too; we often read the same books so we can discuss them, and if we're REALLY lucky, they turn into movies or TV series and we can hook my husband in, too -- we're in the process of "A Discovery of Witches". The books were great... I'm still trying to decide if I like the TV shows or not.

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My son reacts to PG exactly that way. It's just a REALLY INDIVIDUAL tolerance or lack thereof, with both PG and VG. But I don't think I've yet run into anyone who was intolerant of BOTH -- it seems to always be one or the other.

And yeah, RE: your earlier reply -- he is a HOOT AND A HALF -- he's made me laugh almost since the day he was born. With a single goofy look he can render me ROFL. :giggle: He's my "book club" too; we often read the same books so we can discuss them, and if we're REALLY lucky, they turn into movies or TV series and we can hook my husband in, too -- we're in the process of "A Discovery of Witches". The books were great... I'm still trying to decide if I like the TV shows or not.

Andria
Your son sounds great! You’re lucky to have such a close bond with him. And it’s cool that he vapes!
When I first started vaping again, I was getting a lot of those symptoms, plus chest pain! <scary> But I was still dual using, so I thought it was that. Then I found a place where I could get aqueous Max VG, so I was vaping their juice for a while and was fine.
Then of course I wanted to try other brands! So I brought it on myself. It seems like VG and PG sensitivities are very similar in that you get breathing problems!
What’s “A Discovery of Witches” like? Isn’t it a book from the 1700’s or something from the witch trials? We haven’t watched TV in a while. I got Brit Box and love it. It’s very addictive, though!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Your son sounds great! You’re lucky to have such a close bond with him. And it’s cool that he vapes!
When I first started vaping again, I was getting a lot of those symptoms, plus chest pain! <scary> But I was still dual using, so I thought it was that. Then I found a place where I could get aqueous Max VG, so I was vaping their juice for a while and was fine.
Then of course I wanted to try other brands! So I brought it on myself. It seems like VG and PG sensitivities are very similar in that you get breathing problems!
What’s “A Discovery of Witches” like? Isn’t it a book from the 1700’s or something from the witch trials? We haven’t watched TV in a while. I got Brit Box and love it. It’s very addictive, though!

It's a book by Deborah Harkness, actually the beginning of a trilogy, which was truly amazing -- she's a history professor, so the book is terrifically literate, and perfectly historically accurate as far as I can tell (I'm a history geek), witches and vampires and time-travel, just amazing.

Ugh. I tried to post a link to the book on Amazon, but for some puzzling reason, the forum decided it was media, so it didn't display. Weird. But you can just look up A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness.

It's now a TV series, on one of the cable channels... maybe A&E? Not sure. Obviously haven't watched much of it yet!

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
It's a book by Deborah Harkness, actually the beginning of a trilogy, which was truly amazing -- she's a history professor, so the book is terrifically literate, and perfectly historically accurate as far as I can tell (I'm a history geek), witches and vampires and time-travel, just amazing.

Ugh. I tried to post a link to the book on Amazon, but for some puzzling reason, the forum decided it was media, so it didn't display. Weird. But you can just look up A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness.

It's now a TV series, on one of the cable channels... maybe A&E? Not sure. Obviously haven't watched much of it yet!

Andria
Thanks, Andria. I’ll look for the books. I like “witchy” stories, and I could use something different to read. Ive been reading a lot of crime/detective stuff, but they’ve been like summer reads. 5 seconds after you finish reading them, you forget them. But I’ve been getting books on eBay from ThriftBooks for $4!
Don’t forget to blow a thin wisp of cloud at your son, yelling “clouds, bruh!!” :teehee:

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
quite possible.
like this one...
hmm.
who knows.
its quite possible.
mmmmm. i dont know.
does not.
just my 2 cents.

edit:

What exactly makes you think any of these cases are due to a bacterial (or even viral) infection?

Carambrda

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
What exactly makes you think any of these cases are due to a bacterial (or even viral) infection?
Tell me I'm wrong. It's because we certainly wouldn't want to put the blame on any types of juices that can be vaped in those particular vaping devices that are manufactured by Big Tobacco so essentially high wattage vapers deserve another beating because... well, they're the ones known to use high VG juices, aren't they?

PopcornSmell

Member For 1 Year
It's pretty suspicious that the blame on all e-liquid is backed by Tobacco companies. When every vape juices are dangerous, how can you get niccotine? With "heat not burn" devices of course!

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Tell me I'm wrong. It's because we certainly wouldn't want to put the blame on any types of juices that can be vaped in those particular vaping devices that are manufactured by Big Tobacco so essentially high wattage vapers deserve another beating because... well, they're the ones known to use high VG juices, aren't they?
Personally I think it's poisoning, not infection, and most likely cause by something used to "cut" the Tango Hotel Charlie product. I've never vaped such a product, so I'm not intimately familiar with it, but there have come across articles on sites focused on that industry indicating that the users have the notion that they can judge purity/potency based on viscosity; the higher the better, and there's a whole cottage industry sprung up around creating dilutents with sufficient viscosity. Trouble is nobody knows what's in them and the manufacturers are keeping their formulas as trade secrets.

That said, I do believe vaping some PG has a protective effect against the common cold.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
its all pretty mind blowing. vitamin E of all things. smdh.
well...at least we know what the culprit is then.
i'd be more worried if my dealer in Cali wasnt a absolute pro. thank God.
but im def not buying any carts from anyone else.

so, in case anyone does get vit E in their carts...way to counteract the effect of vit E in your lungs is with a immune system suppressant till you clear the vit E from your lungs.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
its all pretty mind blowing. vitamin E of all things. smdh.
well...at least we know what the culprit is then.
i'd be more worried if my dealer in Cali wasnt a absolute pro. thank God.
but im def not buying any carts from anyone else.

so, in case anyone does get vit E in their carts...way to counteract the effect of vit E in your lungs is with a immune system suppressant till you clear the vit E from your lungs.
I doubt it's the actual vitamin that's the problem -- the problem is THE OIL. You should NEVER EVER EVER vape oil, because it causes lipoid pneumonia!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That said, I do believe vaping some PG has a protective effect against the common cold.
I'd say that's true, from my own experience... or maybe it's just that being non-smokers means our immune systems can deal with rhinoviruses before they actually become a full-blown viral infection. As a smoker I got at least 1 cold every winter, sometimes 2, but in the 5½ yrs I've vaped, I've had one cold for sure... and possibly another though it was very hard to tell, there were so few symptoms.

But it doesn't seem to do diddly-shit about flu viruses. I hadn't had the flu in 20-some years... and got it in Feb 2018 AND April 2019, after being a vaper for 4 and 5 yrs respectively. And you know I vape a LOT of PG -- currently I think my mixes are 86.2% PG.

Andria

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
itsnt VG oil tho?
not to mention cannabis oil. also

next time you get a cold/flu...drink some colloidal silver. mesosilver is the best brand. i make my colloidal silver water myself.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
itsnt VG oil tho?

next time you get a cold/flu...drink some colloidal silver. mesosilver is the best brand. i make my colloidal silver water myself.
ABSOLUTELY NOT OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vaping oil will cause LIPOID PNEUMONIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And likely "cannabis oil" is WHY those moronic teens are so bad off! BECAUSE YOU CANNOT VAPE OIL UNLESS YOU WANT TO DIE!!!!!!!!!

VG and PG are WATER SOLUBLE!!!!!!!!! which you can EASILY see for yourself -- go put some of either on your hand. Now run water over it. Real oil will require SOAP to remove; VG and PG DO NOT!

Andria

Carambrda

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Personally I think it's poisoning, not infection, and most likely cause by something used to "cut" the Tango Hotel Charlie product. I've never vaped such a product, so I'm not intimately familiar with it, but there have come across articles on sites focused on that industry indicating that the users have the notion that they can judge purity/potency based on viscosity; the higher the better, and there's a whole cottage industry sprung up around creating dilutents with sufficient viscosity. Trouble is nobody knows what's in them and the manufacturers are keeping their formulas as trade secrets.

I agree. Also, this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2FV3YZA2a1

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ah, well i always assumed VG was oil since it feels pretty oily on your hand.
i know Vegetable Glycerin is derived from vegetable oil and i hear sometimes the process isnt 100% pure.

as for cannabis oil.
people have been inhaling weed oil since at least the mid 1980s. i know that since i would hear way back in the early 90s, about people smoking thc oil in glass pipes, one hitters, or putting a drop of weed oil onto the tip of their cigarettes. with no issues.
inhaling weed oil is NOT a new thing like vaping.
its been around for years n years.
anyone who's a serious pot smoker and around my age (mid 40s and older) knows this.
tho it might be different since they use to burn it/combust it with fire of course.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
did you guys know that glycerin is what is used to mimic sweat in movies?
sigourney weaver hated getting sprayed down with glycerin for her closet scene in Alien. the scene where she is in tank top and panties.
most scenes involving sweating is actually glycerin sprayed or spritzed on.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
one last thing about cannabis oil.
real cannabis oil. meaning undiluted.
it only takes something between 2 to 4 drags to get high.
depending on your tolerance.
if low tolerance. 1 to 2 drags.
high tolerance, 2 to 4 drags.
so, lets say, to get high from a joint or blunt, it'll take you....lets say 20 drags to get high.
a real undiluted thc cart. 2 drags to get high.
youre pretty much getting the same amount of oil into your lungs from the thc cart as you would from a joint.
since the mari-juana plant, of course, contains oils. (edit, thats really stupid for the site to autocensor this word, smh)
soooo....
i'm gonna assume.
the idiots who thought it was a good idea to cut and dilute down pure cannabis oil, to extend it, and therefore profit more with less thc than they had....with some vitamin E oil.
after diluting it i'll assume the teens needed to inhale more often than they should since the thc carts were so weak from being diluted down.
no way they got high from 1 to 4 drags.
not if it got diluted down.
so they inhaled more oil, more often than they shouldve and they inhaled oils that were never meant to be inhaled, non-cannabis oils in this case.
double whammy.
the logical thing to do is throw away a cart if you arent high after 4 inhales since its trash.
but easier said than done for a teen to throw away a potential high after paying between $30-$60 for just 1 gram of thc oil.

lastly, how many kids got ill in canada? i'll assume zero cases in canada.
prob because weed is legal there and no one is buying thc carts on the black market there.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
tho it might be different since they use to burn it/combust it with fire of course.
The part of the oil that doesn't get burned off with fire gets evaporated into the air with heat. That is, at least in the specific portion of plant matter that either combusts or is heated significantly during the next toke no longer contains that much oil, or barely contains some of it so what little oil will remain there typically for the most part is filtered out as it gets sucked through the numerous cavities and crevasses between the moist plant matter (and/or through an added filter, e.g. the water inside a bong where the vaporized oil is cooled down so the oil fumes are turned to tiny microscopic droplets with condensation before gravitational force does the rest). But the filtered smoke still tends to contain a lot of tar and a (very) high number of other harmful substances, toxics, and substances the harmfulness/toxicity level of which is not or not well understood by even the best experts in the world, and, personally, I, think your "with no issues" remark is fairly overreaching, to say the least.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
itsnt VG oil tho?

It’s glycerine, not oil like coconut oil or even MCT oil. I make CS, too. Did you find it hard to get the .999 silver wire for it? I’m getting a bit low. :cheers:

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not PG, VG or PEG400 that's causing the lung issues. Time to get serious about the real problem and protect yourself, friends and family.

Vitamin E in oil form is in most all the "thickeners" in use by most cannabis cartridge makers, including state approved ones sold in legitimate dispensaries. The "new" Vitamin E oil thickener came on the market last year and probably causes little irritation in one puff. Repeated inhalation of oil will eventually develop into full blown lipoid pnuemonia. It accumulates.

Here's what a thickener maker who just pulled their product off the market has to say: https://www.mrextractor.com/

From that post:
Through our research and testing we have found that almost every terpene and flavor manufacturer in the country is selling their version of Tocopheryl Acetate. HoneyCut started this ball rolling with their product "HoneyCut". This product was quickly Deconstructed by the entire cannabis industry. For $300 you can send a sample to a lab for deconstruction and in 24 hours they will tell you whats in it.
I'm pissed that a non-nicotine product is causing so much more pain for us but we are wasting time blaming things we've all used for years that work fine and are not an oil. If anybody here or that you know is using those vape cartridges from any source, it is probably safer to go to edibles or even smoking!

VU Sponsors