Become a Patron!

Doesn't it feel great to relax after a long day of work?

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
To answer your question, yes it does. I worked 5 hours last week and I'm tired. I'm on my feet for 6 hours with a 15 minute break. But you're gonna love this. I'm on the register (I work at a grocery store) and it's 8:50 I clock out at 9. The last customer was an older lady. I scan all her stuff and say it's $100 and some change. She says no no no the jellies I bought are on sale. So I'm looking through to see if anything came off and it didn't. So, I flashed my light saying I needed help and the head cashier comes over and I explain the situation to him. He goes to where they are and he says yes they're on clearance, I'll bring you over to this register. So he saves the receipt and brings it to the other register. I say go with him, he'll help you she stares at me like I'm going to help her more than I did. I walked away clocked out and left. I had a good vape session afterwords.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha, my experience in retail is that some people are just stupid. They're not looking out for you or anyone around them... ...some of them don't even know how to look out for themselves out in the world... ...and then they wonder how they wind up in all of these frustrating situations with people, even though they themselves glossed over a simple and straightforward solution because it wasn't the exact one they wanted. They instead make things harder on not only themselves, but others, too. A consequence of the "the customer is always right" mentality perhaps.

What if sometimes you are wrong about how something should be handled? What if maybe we're right and because we know what's up, we can actually help you, if only you would follow some simple instructions? What if everyone, yourself is included, is fallible and it's just a fact of life that we have to acknowledge in order to survive in the world? Heh.

For some reason, the very idea just sets something off in some people. Most get it, I think. "Okay, so I do this so you can do that and then I get the thing..."

When it comes to interpersonal dealings, some people either refuse to problem-solve or have simply forgotten how. On our end, trying to work with someone to solve a problem seems very simple because it's a big part of the job, but many people aren't used to having to work with others to get an adequate resolution for all parties. They look at a situation that's not ideal and say it's all on you. In their minds, they shouldn't have to do anything to make the situation better for themselves. It's unthinkable. How dare you imply that this is my fault!

And the thing is, it usually isn't anyone's fault. You and that person are just the ones who have to deal with it.

Say there's a cart trapped under a boulder. It's this other person's cart. They're standing a distance away with a rope tied to the cart, while you are lifting up the boulder. It's taking everything you have to keep your footing. Rather than pull the rope, they'll tell you that you should be able kick the cart out, when they could easily pull the rope.

Somehow they just think everything in a business should just work and everyone should be perfect and able/qualified to do everything. Because... ...well, that's how everything else in the world works, right?

Trust me, it's worse in management. I swear, some people think I have a magic scanner gun that can fix anything. I've built-up a pretty strong relationship with HR at this point, haha. I'll never forget something an HR supervisor told me after one of the nastiest complaints I ever got.

It was "Some customers aren't worth having."

Ahh, the wisdom of retail. Somehow, I think the world would be a better place if everyone had to learn what it is like to work in customer service. The above statement wouldn't be true anymore.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors