Become a Patron!

Dual strand vs quad strand parallel.

jahines1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone ever ran dual coil versions of both of these? Curious if there is an advantage with more stands vs just using more wraps with the dual strand.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The resistance will drop the more strands you have in parallel. Advantageous, maybe, but in a dual coil setup you're likely going to be pushing it already with parallel depending on the wire you're using. 26gK 2.5mm ID 8 wrap dual coil with 2 strands in parallel would get you ~.25Ω and you'd have 16 "loops" (8X2). Now make that same size coil with 4 strands in parallel and you'd be at 4 wraps and get a resistance of less than .07Ω, basically something you shouldn't do. Now go 3 strands and 5 wraps (15 loops, slightly smaller) you'd be at ~.11Ω safe-ish but pushing it.

With some 28g or higher this may be something worth checking out but ehh I'd probably twist some up and put that in 2 strands parallel.

jahines1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for the answer. I really suck at the math so I was going to try building it and put on an ohm meter just to see what it came out at. I run the two strand already and your pretty much spot on. It's reading at.26 with eight wraps per side. Was more just curious if anyone had done the four strand before bit that makes sense that it would be a bad.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently had a 4 strand parallel, 27ga 4 wrap at around .2ohms, only single coil though. It worked flawlessly, heating quickly and evenly, although it was a PITA to get them centered once installed. Flavor and Vapor production was pretty damn good, but I would imagine it would be very similar if you ran it in dual coil mode with only 2 strands per coil, which is also alot easier to install and align, so it's probably not overly worth the hassle to make a quad-strand parallel.

jahines1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What did it ohm out at?

VU Sponsors