Become a Patron!

Dull flavour from subox rba

I just started building coils for my subtank mini and the flavour is close to nothing, im using 24g kanthal A1, 5 wraps and reads. 3 Ohms (literally the only resistance i can get for some reason, max VG) anybody else having this problem, or have any info to share so i can get rid of this problem?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just started building coils for my subtank mini and the flavour is close to nothing, im using 24g kanthal A1, 5 wraps and reads. 3 Ohms (literally the only resistance i can get for some reason, max VG) anybody else having this problem, or have any info to share so i can get rid of this problem?
Max vg is the problem

Vape On

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What juice are you vaping and whats the max vg? I wish people would stop using that term... the phrase itself doesnt bother me its just that max vg could be 70, 80, 90vg... or anything it between, i doubt its 100%vg though... so whats the max vg?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Sorry, im pretty new to sub Ohm vaping xd, the juice im using is kings cream from darkside creations, 6 mgs of nic. It doesn't say exactly how much vg but im guessing its around 80, the thing is, it tastes great on a .5 Ohm occ coil head but its pretty bad on my .3 Ohm rba coil

UncleMike

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you may have too much wick inside your coil choking off the juice flow, not quite bad enough for dry hits, but also not enough to give the great taste that you already know the juice has. Try wicking with slightly less cotton. also you could try moving your coil slightly up or down on the deck as this can also help with the flavor.

Thanks for the help ill try using a little less cotton tmw, but at this point, im almost certain its the juice thats the problem, its extremely thick, probably the thickest juice ive had.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you have the rebuild-able deck with 2 holes on the side of the chimney?

Twiztidwoundz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had the same problem with you when I first started building on the subtank mini, I found this video very helpful the only thing I change now when wicking is I remove both sides of the outer cotton.

Sent from cat hair using Tapatalk

Brady_Bunch_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Drop it down to either a 70/30 PG/VG or a 50/50 juice and play around with the air flow. Also make sure that the cotton in the deck isn't too tightly packed, that can really hinder the performance.

VU Sponsors