Dwayne Johnson Makes His Pitch To Be the Next James Bond

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
With Daniel Craig relinquishing the role of James Bond after a 15 year run as the British superspy, many other stars are throwing in their hat for the role. The latest is Dwayne Johnson, who brings some unique credentials to the table.

Speaking with Esquire, Johnson discussed his unique connection to the Bond universe. As it turns out, Johnson's grandfather, Peter Maiva, was a Bond villain in You Only Live Twice, where he played a henchman who tries to kill Bond with a mix of wrestling moves and a katana (it doesn't work, obviously).

"Yes, my grandfather was a Bond villain in You Only Live Twice with Sean Connery," Johnson said. "[It] was very, very cool. And I would like to follow in his footsteps and be the next Bond."

It would be a bit of stretch given that Johnson isn't British, and British fans are very protective of the iconic spy, but he certainly has the action chops for the role. One thing is certain: Johnson doesn't want to be a villain.

"I don't want to be a villain. Got to be Bond," Johnson says.

In the meantime, Tom Hardy is reportedly the betting favorite to be the next Bond, with Henry Cavill and Idris Elba also touted for the role. Even Edgar Wright says he has some ideas on where Bond can go next.

As for Johnson, his next big role is Black Adam, where he will play the titular antihero. It's scheduled to release July 29, 2022.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors