Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
"The power hierarchy in the DC Universe is about to change."

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has been saying those words about the long-awaited introduction of Black Adam to the DC Universe for quite some time now. Now that the first full-length trailer for the movie has dropped, fans can start to get a feel for just how massive that shift is going to be. Black Adam is here for the long haul, and at a special trailer launch and Q&A on Tuesday Johnson revealed that so is he.

After showing the trailer to a lucky group of journalists, Johnson took the stage alongside director Jaume Collet-Serra and producers Hiram Garcia and Beau Flynn. Their passion for the project was obvious, which makes sense as this is a movie over a decade in the making.

According to Johnson, the crew has big plans for the DC antihero. "I am 100% committed," the star and producer stated, "to not only Black Adam, but then expanding the Black Adam Universe, the DC Universe."

That's an exciting prospect as Johnson's love for Black Adam and the JSA shines through, so the idea of him helming and shaping a new era of DC movies is an exhilarating one. His passion comes from a place of fandom and listening to his fellow fans too.

"We'll work very hard to make sure again we're honoring the mythology but also giving the fans what they want. I pick up everything you're putting down and it doesn't get by me, it doesn't get by these guys."

What does that mean for the future of the franchise? Of course, Johnson was tight-lipped. But he did share his optimistic hopes for where the upcoming movie could lead.

"This is the beginning – hopefully, fingers crossed – of a very long storytelling road where Black Adam is the anchoring jet fuel that will then push and press this universe out."

For more on this upcoming DC film, find out everything you need to know about Hawkman and the Justice Society as well as Pierce Brosnan's Doctor Fate.

Black Adam hits theaters on October 21, 2022.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors