Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/e-cigarette-explodes-in-bentonville-mans-face

Now correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't these screenshots that I pulled from the video reveal a fucking subohm tank on a mech again?

Screenshot (25).png Screenshot (28).png Screenshot (30).png

Now the mech in this one:
The Sigelei Fu Chai and it IS NOT a Hybrid top cap mod

I noticed no top cap photos at all in all of the screen shots (I got 40 screens if it was there I would have found it).

But I do notice a possible problem with this setup.

This was obviously an inferior ICR1650 (Trustfire, Knightfire, shitty flashlight batteries) you can tell that by the way it blew apart.

IMR18650's "vent" which would cause the top or bottom of the battery to come loose and allow the gases to escape.

If you notice the top cap from the pic below the 510 pin has a very large bottom where it makes contact with the battery.

This contact is way too big around and if a battery had a tear on the plastic coating around the positive terminal or if the battery had been misused or abused the positive terminal could have got dented in causing the 510 pin to short the positive terminal directly on the outer ring (Negative) of the top of the battery.

I am assuming that this could have caused the inferior technology ICR battery to explode causing the problem

s-l1600 (1).jpg

This man after attempting to quit smoking and just beginning to vape should have never been sold these 3 pieces of a setup that are very unsafe when used together.

There was no say in the video who he bought it from or if he went to a B&M, online, bodega, Gas Station, etc...

This is going to keep happening if inexperienced vapers keep putting subohm tanks on fucking mech mods to either blow clouds or quit smoking the cheapest and easiest way possible.

BUY A REGULATED MOD BEFORE YOU LEARN THE BASICS.
$40 EXTRA DOLLARS SPENT ON A REGULATED MOD WOULD HAVE SAVED THIS GUY $50,000+ IN PLASTIC SURGERY & DENTAL WORK - 5150

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The couple believes the battery is to blame. Cindy showed how the electronic cigarette broke into pieces during the explosion, turning the battery almost inside out.

The only truthful non feels non bullshit bit of reporting..
I seriously hope it was a B&M that sold that bullshit them and the fucktarded death merchant does not have insurance.. that couple is going ass fuck the seller the seller of the battery to death.

if it was a decent battery that he hard shorted with a no res coil then the fucking stupid so bad it hurts is all on him... Enjoy your thanksgiving through a straw.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These setups are what B&Ms are selling new vapers because the profit on the re-sale is so high. There is also the segment who just wants to blow clouds for cheap...

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
some shops sell mechanicals with no information how to vape safely
i have a small local shop sold one to a lady and she asked how to tell if the battery shorted out
his reply and i quote:it will just give you a lite shock

Because of what I advised her Im no longer welcome in the shop

I explained to her the dangers of a shorted battery and what can actually happen
Then advised her as a beginner she should begin by starting with a regulated mod

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Name that shop.
some shops sell mechanicals with no information how to vape safely
i have a small local shop sold one to a lady and she asked how to tell if the battery shorted out
his reply and i quote:it will just give you a lite shock

Because of what I advised her Im no longer welcome in the shop

I explained to her the dangers of a shorted battery and what can actually happen
Then advised her as a beginner she should begin by starting with a regulated mod

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've seen shops sell 5 amp green panasonic batteries with Mech's. It's not the mods fault, nor the atty. It's the end user who either didn't have a clue, or used an under rated or ICR battery in a mech.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Name that shop.

no need he went out of business 2 weeks after we got into it
In a small community word of mouth can sink a business fast

a new shop opened in his place and all they sell is juice and premade coils no mods at all not even Igo

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Someone who knows nothing of vaping who goes into a B&M and is sold a bomb waiting to blow and it is their fault?

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've seen shops sell 5 amp green panasonic batteries with Mech's. It's not the mods fault, nor the atty. It's the end user who either didn't have a clue, or used an under rated or ICR battery in a mech.
I raved about this months ago. Most of the people who own e-cig shops don't know the difference between the "colors" of the cigarettes.

What makes you think they know anything about vaping (aside from the reselling stuff and taking your money)?

Back when all they had were cig-alikes and Egos you really couldn't fuck it up. Now everybody's got much more powerful devices powering atomizers that use 10-50 times the wattage of the Egos, a bunch of shady batteries, and ignorant dicks trying to squeeze a few more pennies out of Neckbeard Hipster McCunt's trust fund, who's just trying to blow sick clouds with his bruhhhhhhhs....

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Someone who knows nothing of vaping who goes into a B&M and is sold a bomb waiting to blow and it is their fault?
Not doing his own homework.
this IS the information age and info is easy to have.
More and more vapehipsters just cannot be bothered to learn shit.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not doing his own homework.
this IS the information age and info is easy to have.
More and more vapehipsters just cannot be bothered to learn shit.

One has a reasonable expectation of safety when buying products...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your reasonable might not be their reasonable.

If I go to a hardware store and ask what I need to drill a hole and am sold a cordless drill and power pack which fits, but doesn't have the correct amp load, it wouldn't be my fault if the drill blew up...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If I go to a hardware store and ask what I need to drill a hole and am sold a cordless drill and power pack which fits, but doesn't have the correct amp load, it wouldn't be my fault if the drill blew up...
If you are relying on the knuckle dragging mouth breathing fucktard at Lowes or home depot to sell you the correct products with no knowledge.. it is a multiple failure points.
At least 50% of the fault lands solely on you.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you are relying on the knuckle dragging mouth breathing fucktard at Lowes or home depot to sell you the correct products with no knowledge.. it is a multiple failure points.
At least 50% of the fault lands solely on you.

They are the ones in business so should have the knowledge, or be shut down...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They are the ones in business so should have the knowledge, or be shut down...
While the business may be the slack jawed window licker sure the hell is not the expert... laying that much blame on Moron Mcgee is seriously fucked on your part.

Seriously go to lowes and check out the walmart greeter rejects in that store.. and tell me you would trust their advice... average vape shop employee is not that far removed from those mouth breathers.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
While the business may be the slack jawed window licker sure the hell is not the expert... laying that much blame on Moron Mcgee is seriously fucked on your part.

Seriously go to lowes and check out the walmart greeter rejects in that store.. and tell me you would trust their advice... average vape shop employee is not that far removed from those mouth breathers.

That doesn't mean they aren't legally liable. Several vape shops have already gone under due to litigation; and in my scenario, Lowes would settle for a lot if their employee sold a mismatched battery and tool and it exploded...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That doesn't mean they aren't legally liable. Several vape shops have already gone under due to litigation; and in my scenario, Lowes would settle for a lot if their employee sold a mismatched battery and tool and it exploded...
LOL you should visit my local one... holy shit it is like Mike Juddge rolled in there and wrote Idiocracy from talking to their employees.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL you should visit my local one... holy shit it is like Mike Juddge rolled in there and wrote Idiocracy from talking to their employees.

The reason why battery packs for power tools are generally proprietary is liability... Unfortunately, the same can't be said for mechs. A laptop cell will fit and fire; sometimes only once...

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
While the business may be the slack jawed window licker sure the hell is not the expert...
Both of you are right, IMO. The consumer does have a degree of responsibility to know and understand what they're buying and how to use it. But the seller also has a degree of responsibility to sell the consumer a product that suits their need and ability.

In the instant case: No seller of vaping gear should sell a complete newb a dodgy battery, mech mod (top cap or not), tank and e-juice and shuffle 'em out the door. The exception being if the customer, newb or otherwise, insists on the setup, and will not be dissuaded, well, then: It's on them.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Both of you are right, IMO. The consumer does have a degree of responsibility to know and understand what they're buying and how to use it. But the seller also has a degree of responsibility to sell the consumer a product that suits their need and ability.

In the instant case: No seller of vaping gear should sell a complete newb a dodgy battery, mech mod (top cap or not), tank and e-juice and shuffle 'em out the door. The exception being if the customer, newb or otherwise, insists on the setup, and will not be dissuaded, well, then: It's on them.
Then the trick is not carrying complete dangerous shit.

I wholly support not spending money in a shop that carrying complete dangerous batteries in any fashion. If they carry fire branded batteries and shit rated on pulse not constant they are just out to fuck over as many vapers and customers.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Over my entire career as a vaper (almost 3 months now) I have helped a lot of newbies pick out safe gear within their budget.

And I have always stressed battery safety first and foremost.

To this very day, I have my charger where I can see the sucker and I take my batteries out as soon as they show charged

And as the Good Lord as my Witness, I expect B&M shops to do the same or better with their customers!!!

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
well i can say one of my local B@M before SS vape and the rest came to town started with JUice and eGO's but when i came around i schooled them now they know there shit and are bigger for it not SS vape big but they are getting there. there not so much of a vape lounge and more of a get and leave place.

VU Sponsors