VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://nbc4i.com/2016/09/19/e-cigarette-explodes-in-mans-pocket/

Let's play a game shall we?

Let's play "Find the E-cigarette in this story"

Because I don't see the fucking thing anywhere.

Do you? - 5150

Also, it may seem as if Darwin missed on this one but maybe not:

"“His whole private area, this affects our whole life,” Baertich said. “His whole private area is burnt.”

:bingo:

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you cannot and will not practice proper battery safety, whether it be for an e-cig, flashlight or what have you, then you deserve to have your 'private area' blown up by one. :headbang::headbang:

And I still ain't seen the damn e-cig. :cuss2::gaah:

VaporCat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Battery explodes in mans pocket." (Fixed that)

"Add exploding to the list of potential harm batteries can do." (Fixed that, too)

Well, no shit sherlock, some of us learned this lesson by 1st grade. Somehow it doesn't seem so sensational when just the true facts are told rather than blaming those pesky and dangerous e-cigarettes (does anybody really understand those things anyway?). Remember, we need readers to click on ads from our sponsors!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I still don't get it.
If some asshole wet their hands then stuck a fork in an electrical socket you wouldn't see them on the news saying dumb shit like
"There was no warning on the socket OR the fork, How was I supposed to know?" :facepalm:

VaporCat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still don't get it.
If some asshole wet their hands then stuck a fork in an electrical socket you wouldn't see them on the news saying dumb shit like
"There was no warning on the socket OR the fork, How was I supposed to know?" :facepalm:

This is known as "Stupidity Disassociation Syndrome" (SDS), where they know they've done something dumb, and must now detach themselves of all responsibility from their actions at all costs. Thus we hear the "I hope this serves as a warning to others..." line again and again. Yeah, it serves as a warning alright, a warning to stay far away from those people that do dumb shit like carrying batteries, m-80's, sulfuric acid, or who knows what else around in their freaking pockets.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You never hear the whole story though because even they know that

"I had just got finished paying $1.08 for a big gulp, stuck the change from the $5 in my pocket, then went to pull out my car keys and BAM!!! the battery just exploded for no reason at all"

would sound so stupid that even people with below average intelligence would figure out the mistakes made and make fun of them.

VaporCat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You never hear the whole story though because even they know that

"I had just got finished paying $1.08 for a big gulp, stuck the change from the $5 in my pocket, then went to pull out my car keys and BAM!!! the battery just exploded for no reason at all"

would sound so stupid that even people with below average intelligence would figure out the mistakes made and make fun of them.

There's the whole thing in a nutshell. Blame the device or the device's technology, which few around them or in the media understand anyway, absolve themselves of responsibility, and the media gets another hit piece on those dratted e-cigs. They never consider that the loss is felt by the vaping community at large. Gee, lucky us. Some people are the reason they put warnings on shampoo bottles.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I always thought we could have far more 'stuff' around us (toys, tools, whatever).. the basic ideas exist, just that no one was able to figure out how to make the thing "foolproof" enough for a manuf to take a risk on producing it.
The fact that they're still letting us play around with 30a batteries that can explode/vent when shorted still surprises me.

Closest I came was having a dumb day and putting a fresh 9v along with change in my pocket.
Couldnt figure out what was stinging me for the first few seconds, after than it was a race to fish the battery out.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, it may seem as if Darwin missed on this one but maybe not:
"“His whole private area, this affects our whole life,” Baertich said. “His whole private area is burnt.”

To earn the award, Darwin must strike before the meatsack in question has reproduced.
Any later and it doesn't count. :p

One can only hope that a) he doesn't have children and b) he received a free vasectomy courtesy of Dr. 18650.

Had to check the article before posting. As it doesn't say if he's a baby daddy, that might be the best we can hope for. :rolleyes:

All I can say is... this shit is gettin' old. :mad:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And what the fuck is up with this first sentence...

"Add exploding batteries to the list of potential harm e-cigarettes can do."

What's on this list dumbass?

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've heard several injury attorney commercials on the radio here in l.a. mention ecig burns, call them so you can sue the manufacturer. Plus its pretty common for someone to say, be careful that thing might blow up on you when I'm vaping. Blah blah blah about they heard it on the news.

Seems like most people that don't vape or know anyone that vapes have a negative perception of ecigs

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some people are just dumb Fuck asses..... They deserve to have their nuts fried by venting 18650's in their pockets..... Fuck em....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There's the whole thing in a nutshell. Blame the device or the device's technology, which few around them or in the media understand anyway, absolve themselves of responsibility, and the media gets another hit piece on those dratted e-cigs. They never consider that the loss is felt by the vaping community at large. Gee, lucky us. Some people are the reason they put warnings on shampoo bottles.

Yeah, those warnings on bottles of shampoo, laundry detergents, bleach, and god knows what all, that "this product should not be consumed by humans." Well there's a "no shit sherlock" for you. Or on top of the coffee cup "this product is HOT." Well, it fucking BETTER BE!

Andria

VaporCat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One things for certain with these "physics challenged" folks, they may not have had respect for the energy contained in a battery cell before, but I bet they do now! If only the word would get out, like if the media gave some actual information "this incident would not have happened if the proper battery case or sleeve had been used"... Nah, apparently thats expecting a bit much, and its on to the next sensational, click-grabbing story.

VU Sponsors