Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/e-cigarette-poisonings-skyrockets-among-young-kids/

E-cigarette poisonings skyrocket among young kids

The researchers analyzed calls to the National Poison Data System about nicotine and tobacco products from January 2012 to April 2015. They focused on calls about kids under the age of 6.

According to the study, about 14 percent of calls were about exposure to e-cigarettes, compared to 60 percent about exposure to traditional cigarettes. In about 92 percent of the e-cig cases, the kids swallowed liquid nicotine.

"Information about the circumstances of the exposure were only available for about 5 percent of these cases," Smith said. "Among these, approximately 40 percent of the time, the liquid nicotine was stored within sight of the child."

In 2 percent of the e-cigarette cases, the kids suffered a moderate effect (71 cases) or a major effect (5 cases). There was also one death. There was no effect in almost half the cases and a minor effect in 22 percent. The effect wasn't clear in the other cases.

Kids were admitted to health care facilities in 2 percent of cases, compared to 0.3 percent of cigarette exposure cases.

He also pointed to statistics from the American Association of Poison Control Centers that report only 623 cases of exposure to e-cigarettes and liquid nicotine across all age groups from January to April of 2016. That's compared to about 3,000 in 2015 and almost 4,000 in 2014.

Look's to me like "Eliquid poisionings among youth DROP for a second year in a row" would be a proper title.

We are talking about FIVE (5) major (bad parenting) problems.

Just to put it in to perspective I PERSONALLY knew FIVE people that od'd on drugs in 2005.

All lived within a 10 mile radius of my house.

This is FIVE in the ENTIRE United States and the kid that died (from child neglect) was left alone with a bottle of 100mg/ml nic base with a cork in the bottle top.

I can not understand how banning flavors and colors would have stopped that kid from drinking unflavored nic base out of a plain brown corked bottle.

Once that shit gets to YOUR house it's YOUR job to parent YOUR children properly - 5150

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
meanwhile in Obama's hometown of Chicago childeren are being shot down every single day...and crickets from Obama and his administration....you would think that with the death rate of young people in Chicago the goverment would have more than enough on it's plate.......but oh no they are spending our money on vaping...for the childeren.....In the deepest darkest days of Stalin's USSR they wrote better propoganda than this drek.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my house e juice and all my gear gets treated just like we do the guns; out of sight and out of reach of my little ones hands. Bottom line is this, no amount of regulation will make up for bad parenting. If a kid guzzles a bottle of juice or shoots his buddy that's on the parent, not on the Smith and Wesson or your favorite juice maker. I really think the vaping industry could benefit from studying the gun lobby. They face the same "won't someone please think of the children!" Hysterical bullshit battle cry that's rallying those that want to put an end to vaping.

VU Sponsors